Wait list Procedure

tgropp

DIS Veteran
Have waitlist procedures changed? I have a 2BR 6 nights Dec 18-24 at BRV and three nights Dec 24-27 at BCV. I would like to waitlist the BCV so I could have all nine nights at BRV. I phoned Member Services and asked if I could get on a waitlist but the agent told me that since I had no points left in my BRV contract that I could not waitlist. About 10 years ago I waitlisted a different resort with no problem. If this a new procedure, when did it change?

You’ll have to wait until you’re at 7 months from 12/24/24 to set up the WL, since you’ll be trying to replace the BCV reservation using BRV points.

BTW at the 7 month mark you can Modify the BCV reservation online, and if all the nights aren’t available then set up the WL.

And that's always been the case, you can't waitlist until you could book.
Correct. I was confused because years ago I had a room request from standard to boardwalk view but that was on a waiting list for the same resort. I thought that if you had rooms already that you could grab a waitlist from a different resort but learned that it was not the case. Will be ready for MS on May 18’th at 8 AM

Correct. I was confused because years ago I had a room request from standard to boardwalk view but that was on a waiting list for the same resort. I thought that if you had rooms already that you could grab a waitlist from a different resort but learned that it was not the case. Will be ready for MS on May 18’th at 8 AM
Good luck that you get what you want!
:tinker: :tinker: :tinker:

One other option to consider is to set the waitlist for BRV now as a new waitlist (that replaces your BCV reservation) and set it up so that you borrow BRV points from the 2025 UY - see below. This would work best if you think banking the BCV points to next year is something you can work with and you don't necessarily need the 2025 BRV points next year. Or you can set it up so that waitlist won't cancel anything and then, if the waitlist clears, you can always try to rent the 3-night BCV reservation instead of banking the points.

This would give you an extra 2-months till May to have the waitlist active and then, if it doesn't clear once you hit the 7-month mark, you can cancel and set up a new waitlist with the BCV points.

1710349398573.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter