• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait times seem high today - anyone in the parks today that can verify this?

We'll be arriving Tuesday morning and are getting very excited! Would love to hear how things have been today or recently! All the input has been so appreciated and has really helped with our planning. I will report back as well for our park days next week to give our take on things to try to help the next visitors doing their planning! :-)

We'll be there too on Tuesday :)
Can't wait - it's our first time going.

THanks to everyone for all the awesome info - it has really helped.

We'll be arriving Tuesday morning and are getting very excited! Would love to hear how things have been today or recently! All the input has been so appreciated and has really helped with our planning. I will report back as well for our park days next week to give our take on things to try to help the next visitors doing their planning! :-)

I was at the park on Saturday and the longest wait was RSR single rider line (40 minutes). The posted time for that was 105, not sure if it was accurate though. Everything else was 30 minutes or less in the middle of the day. I began at DCA for rope drop and went to the Pier. I was able to do Incredicoaster, Goofy, and Ariel all by 8:35.

The issue with some of the lines could come from ride breakdowns. I waited maybe 10 minutes for monsters inc, it broke down and we all had to get walked off. It was down for a few hours so I’m sure that impacted other rides at DCA. For space mountain, it broke down right at the end. The lights came on and we had to get pushed to the loading station. That was also down for a while so I’m sure it impacted lines in other areas at DL.

It’s a Saturday and it feels like a Saturday today. The crush of people in Adventure Land and Fantasyland is a lot. Wait times have also increased. There were some sweet spots this morning. We did Buzz two times in a row and Star Tours, all in about a half hours time. Space was a 45 min wait but we went in knowing it was going to be long and took frozen lemonade and a giant pickle with us so it wasn’t that bad. We’re back at the hotel now and I just keep watching GOTG and Monsters because we really want to do them but the times are pretty rough. Hoping it clears out a little this evening. I can see the value in the constant moving lines without FP but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want it back. We have less time for eating and shopping because we’ve got to be in line to hit the attractions we want. I feel pressed and we haven’t done some of our normal things like Animation Academy and Turtle Talk because the standing in line takes that time away. I suppose it’s all priorities but I do feel torn.

Exactly this. We need MaxPass back like yesterday.

We were there from July 13-17. We are used to using MaxPass so some of the lines were a little tough to wait it, but overall it was good. We did like that for the most part the lines were continually moving. We did find both longer and shorter times than what was quoted, but most times were overestimated. Here's what I noted:

13th - Started riding rides around 1 pm
Pirates - posted 35, actual 29
Big Thunder - posted 30, actual 11
Rise of the Resistance - 20 minute wait
Pinocchio - posted 5, actual 12
Web Slingers - 30 minute wait
Snow White - posted 20, actual 23
Star Tours - posted 15, actual 10

14th - rope drop to close
Space Mountain - posted 10, actual 32
Alice in Wonderland - posted 10, actual 4
Matterhorn - posted 10, actual 12
Disneyland Railroad - posted 10, actual 10
Haunted Mansion - posted 35, actual 16
Big Thunder - posted 30, actual 17
Rise of the Resistance - 11 minute wait
Smuggler's Run - posted 30, actual 30
Big Thunder - posted 10, actual 7
Buzz Lightyear - posted 15, actual 9
Star Tours - posted 15, actual 14
Little Mermaid - posted 5, actual 3
Soarin - posted 10, actual 17
Radiator Spring Racers - posted 70 (at 8:45), waited 50

15th - rope drop to close
Went straight to Guardians with a 10 minute wait. I could tell it was going to be way longer and 20 minutes later the wait time was 120 minutes. They announced that only 2 lifts were working so we decided to get out of line and take advantage of lower wait times elsewhere.
Toy Story - posted 5, actual 8
Incredicoaster - posted 30, actual 12
Emotional Whirlwind - posted 5, actual 3
Silly Symphony Swings - posted 5, walked on
Soarin - posted 35, actual 35
Pooh - walked on
Pirates - posted 15, actual 3
Jungle Cruise - 5 minute wait
Snow White - posted 20, actual 25
Small World - posted 5, walked on
Space Mountain - posted 35, actual 34
Storybookland Canal Boats - posted 30, actual 11
Big Thunder - posted 20, actual 7

16th - 9 am- 9 pm
Peter Pan - posted 35, actual 35
Mr. Toad - posted 10, actual 8
Splash Mountain - posted 40, actual 17
Rise of the Resistance - 15 minutes
Web Slingers - 33 minutes
This is the point where my husband agreed to use DAS. His pride has kept him from ever asking about it, but the heat finally got to him enough to set it up. He has MS and he had a rough time with the heat throughout the last couple of days. We rode Guardians and Radiator Springs Racers using DAS on Friday and Indy, Jungle Cruise and Matterhorn on Saturday. We had a great trip and are planning on going back with the (adult) kids in January. I hope this helps give an idea of the wait times right now.

We were there from July 13-17. We are used to using MaxPass so some of the lines were a little tough to wait it, but overall it was good. We did like that for the most part the lines were continually moving. We did find both longer and shorter times than what was quoted, but most times were overestimated. Here's what I noted:

13th - Started riding rides around 1 pm
Pirates - posted 35, actual 29
Big Thunder - posted 30, actual 11
Pinocchio - posted 5, actual 12
Web Slingers - 30 minute wait
Snow White - posted 20, actual 23
Star Tours - posted 15, actual 10

14th - rope drop to close
Space Mountain - posted 10, actual 32
Alice in Wonderland - posted 10, actual 4
Matterhorn - posted 10, actual 12
Disneyland Railroad - posted 10, actual 10
Haunted Mansion - posted 35, actual 16
Big Thunder - posted 30, actual 17
Rise of the Resistance - 11 minute wait
Smuggler's Run - posted 30, actual 30
Big Thunder - posted 10, actual 7
Buzz Lightyear - posted 15, actual 9
Star Tours - posted 15, actual 14
Little Mermaid - posted 5, actual 3
Soarin - posted 10, actual 17
Radiator Spring Racers - posted 70 (at 8:45), waited 50

15th - rope drop to close
Went straight to Guardians with a 10 minute wait. I could tell it was going to be way longer and 20 minutes later the wait time was 120 minutes. They announced that only 2 lifts were working so we decided to get out of line and take advantage of lower wait times elsewhere.
Toy Story - posted 5, actual 8
Incredicoaster - posted 30, actual 12
Emotional Whirlwind - posted 5, actual 3
Silly Symphony Swings - posted 5, walked on
Soarin - posted 35, actual 35
Pooh - walked on
Pirates - posted 15, actual 3
Jungle Cruise - 5 minute wait
Snow White - posted 20, actual 25
Small World - posted 5, walked on
Space Mountain - posted 35, actual 34
Storybookland Canal Boats - posted 30, actual 11
Big Thunder - posted 20, actual 7

16th - 9 am- 9 pm
Peter Pan - posted 35, actual 35
Mr. Toad - posted 10, actual 8
Splash Mountain - posted 40, actual 17
Rise of the Resistance - 15 minutes
Web Slingers - 33 minutes
This is the point where my husband agreed to use DAS. His pride has kept him from ever asking about it, but the heat finally got to him enough to set it up. He has MS and he had a rough time with the heat throughout the last couple of days. We rode Guardians and Radiator Springs Racers using DAS on Friday and Indy, Jungle Cruise and Matterhorn on Saturday. We had a great trip and are planning on going back with the (adult) kids in January. I hope this helps give an idea of the wait times right now.

Glad you husband was willing to use it. That is what it is for. And for someone who has had a spouse who has had to use it at times, I would gladly wait a little longer for those in need can enjoy the parks. You really take for granted not needing DAS until you need it one day.

On a side note - I do wish they would limit party size for those using DAS. We had a group of at least 12 people load in front of us associated with one DAS guest, and that starts to feel abusive. If they limited party size to DAS +4, and had the remainder of the group use the regular line, the parties could switch up who rides with the DAS person, as there are very few rides where everyone can ride together anyway. That approach seems more balanced for everyone, and I think it would help eliminate some abuse of the system, making it more available and friendly to everyone, including those who really need it. In any case, I am glad Disney is disability-friendly, unlike our experience at Universal.

Glad you husband was willing to use it. That is what it is for. And for someone who has had a spouse who has had to use it at times, I would gladly wait a little longer for those in need can enjoy the parks. You really take for granted not needing DAS until you need it one day.

On a side note - I do wish they would limit party size for those using DAS. We had a group of at least 12 people load in front of us associated with one DAS guest, and that starts to feel abusive. If they limited party size to DAS +4, and had the remainder of the group use the regular line, the parties could switch up who rides with the DAS person, as there are very few rides where everyone can ride together anyway. That approach seems more balanced for everyone, and I think it would help eliminate some abuse of the system, making it more available and friendly to everyone, including those who really need it. In any case, I am glad Disney is disability-friendly, unlike our experience at Universal.
How is that fair to families who have more than 3 kids??? Which plenty of people do by the way. Oh sorry little Timmy, you don't get to ride this time with everyone else you just wait here while mom and dad and the other siblings go.

The DAS is limited to 6 people total. It is possible that group had more than one DAS user.

How is that fair to families who have more than 3 kids??? Which plenty of people do by the way. Oh sorry little Timmy, you don't get to ride this time with everyone else you just wait here while mom and dad and the other siblings go.

Good point. Obviously exceptions would need to be made for some parties. More than once, entire extended families were joining with one DAS user, which seemed to be an unbalanced way of handling someone needing help boarding or avoiding lines. When my wife used DAS and we were with extended family, we sent everyone but a small group through the regular line.

Apparently, per @DLgal, DAS is already limited to 6. It sure didn't seem like it, but it is possible the several times I saw this, there was more than one DAS user in the group. My wife's disability isn't apparent, so I know you can't judge by looks. In any case, 6 seems completely reasonable. Even families with more than four kids would have older kids that could help break-up the party.

I probably shouldn't have said anything - I am a major supporter of DAS. It just seemed a bit much for the program's purpose.

Last edited:
We just arrived at the parks today and like others have said, wait times do appear to be overstated. We did not enter DL until 1:00 PM and, having been up since 3:00 AM did not plan to stay long but we did hit a few rides.
  • Jungle Cruise posted wait time 25 minutes. Actual 8
  • BTMRR posted wait time 20. Actual 7
  • Smugglers Run posted wait time 40. Actual 20
Adventure Land definitely felt crowded but lines for Indy and Pirates did appear to be moving right along though we did not choose to ride either.

Last edited:
I appreciate all these wait times everyone is sharing. For the most part, things don't look bad at all! Of course I am one of those really impressed with seeing 10 minute waits listed for IASW. We'd jump on that right away during our WDW trips!
One (uh, multi-part) question for those providing the great stats:
How do you keep track of everything? Do you carry a spreadsheet you've pre-made (or access on one phone)? Do you just jot notes down in a notepad (real or digital) at each ride? I'd love to keep track myself, but I know that I'd probably lose track of what order I rode things in, if i didn't just write them down at the time, and I guarantee that when I am approaching the loading area of an attraction my first thought isn't what time did I get in line and what time is it now and let me subtract off and write that down. You guys who keep track are impressive!

I appreciate all these wait times everyone is sharing. For the most part, things don't look bad at all! Of course I am one of those really impressed with seeing 10 minute waits listed for IASW. We'd jump on that right away during our WDW trips!
How do you keep track of everything? Do you carry a spreadsheet you've pre-made (or access on one phone)? Do you just jot notes down in a notepad (real or digital) at each ride? I'd love to keep track myself, but I know that I'd probably lose track of what order I rode things in, if i didn't just write them down at the time, and I guarantee that when I am approaching the loading area of an attraction my first thought isn't what time did I get in line and what time is it now and let me subtract off and write that down. You guys who keep track are impressive!
I snap a picture of the posted time as we enter the ride. Then I take a picture as we board the ride. Then I go back later and use the time between pictures to determine how long the wait was.

Good point. Obviously exceptions would need to be made for some parties. More than once, entire extended families were joining with one DAS user, which seemed to be an unbalanced way of handling someone needing help boarding or avoiding lines. When my wife used DAS and we were with extended family, we sent everyone but a small group through the regular line.

Apparently, per @DLgal, DAS is already limited to 6. It sure didn't seem like it, but it is possible the several times I saw this, there was more than one DAS user in the group. My wife's disability isn't apparent, so I know you can't judge by looks. In any case, 6 seems completely reasonable. Even families with more than four kids would have older kids that could help break-up the party.

I probably shouldn't have said anything - I am a major supporter of DAS. It just seemed a bit much for the program's purpose.
I don't think what you said was wrong at all. It was a good valid point and you were considerate how you framed your response.

I’m planning on doing a spreadsheet and fill it out as I go

Park closing posted waits on app at DCA:
Incredicoaster: 25
TSM: 25
Grizzly: 25
Soarin’: 15
RSR: 65
Guardians: 95

Yeah, I’m not buying that 95 minute thing considering that all the other waits are pretty short and also probably overestimated

Park closing posted waits on app at DCA:
Incredicoaster: 25
TSM: 25
Grizzly: 25
Soarin’: 15
RSR: 65
Guardians: 95

Yeah, I’m not buying that 95 minute thing considering that all the other waits are pretty short and also probably overestimated
Guardians has been breaking down and only running a couple of elevators lately. So while I’m sure they’re all overestimated (they did that at closing pre-covid, too), it actually could have had the longest wait.

I kept a draft reply to this thread up all day and filled it in as I went along, then posted at the end of the day. 😂

I keep a one note document open on my phone and note the rides and wait times as I go throughout the day.

Here’s a link to my spreadsheet for our trip! I’ve added all the posted vs actual wait times for today. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-2PxInl0DGaCV__g2KkNJRIL_p7T1fN6dmpvGW7sM_8/edit

Honestly the waits weren’t quite as overestimated as I was expecting but they were still fine. I definitely miss Fastpass but I do think the lack of it makes the regular lines way shorter. A big life saver was single rider lines! We walked on to Space with it, didn’t wait too long at Indy or Splash, saved maybe a few minutes at Incredicoaster, and saved a good amount of time at RSR!

Well we are back from our 5 days in the park and wanted to thank everyone for the helpful advice beforehand. I wanted to share a few thoughts regarding our experiences in hopes it will help someone else going soon:

1. I miss Fasspass.....and it was strange not having it. However, we still had a great time and got on everything we wanted, just not as many times as we have on previous trips.

2. Wait times were overestimated on several rides consistently. For DL, Pirates, Big Thunder, Buzz, Star Tours were all about 1/2 the time that was stated, almost without exception. Fantasyland rides, Space Mountain, Indy, Matterhorn were closer to actual times posted. Splash, MFSR were hit or miss. At times they were spot on, other times they were overstated. In DCA, wait times were consistently overstated for GOTG, Incredicoaster, Little Mermaid. For RSR, TSMM, GRR, Soarin, they were mostly in line with what was stated. If you are a DL regular, you can sort of look at a line a estimate the time. There were several times we looked at the wait time, then looked at the line and were like, "no way that's a 40 minute line, that's a 20 minute line at worst" and we were spot on most of the time.

3. Several lines moved steadily, which helped the perception of wait time.

4. Single rider was amazing for Space Mountain and Grizzy River Run. It was not so awesome for Incredicoaster (just get in regular line, it moves way faster and times listed were always way overstated).

5. Go fully expecting busy parks and rides. It honestly did not seem like there was any sort of "limited capacity". It was like a typical very busy summer day each day we were there. However, regular lines do move a bit faster, so a long line in not quite as daunting as previously. And hey, any day in Disneyland, even a busy one, is still one of my favorite places to be and that Disneyland magic is still there! :-)

Let me know if you have any specific questions about any rides or our experience there. Would love to help as so many of you helped us make our trip awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter