Wait/what? Tickets only available for a few days???

MIALIAS

Mouseketeer
We are there for 6 days but only plan on going to the parks on 3 days.

I bought a 3 days pass.

we want to go Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

it’s saying that’s invalid??

that can’t be right?? How do we fix that??

thanks!

We are there for 6 days but only plan on going to the parks on 3 days.

I bought a 3 days pass.

we want to go Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

it’s saying that’s invalid??

that can’t be right?? How do we fix that??

thanks!
A 3-day ticket expires 5 days after the start date, which is considered to be Day #1. Saturday is 6 days after Monday.

You can’t. When you bought your ticket it told you the dates it was valid for. For instance if I buy a 3 day ticket for 2/21/22 it is valid for any 3 days 2/21/22-2/25/22. You can’t extend ticket validity unless you buy extra park days. You can beg for an extension I guess but I don’t think it will work since validity is disclosed upon purchase. You’ll have to adjust your plans if you don’t want to eat additional ticket costs.

Date based tickets have been a thing for years now.
I believe at one point you could for a fee add a flexible date option but not sure if that's still an option or how it works as I book a vacation package that generally means your ticket is valid to use between check in and check out date.

Onsite works differently than offsite in regards to how many days you could use your tickets at least pre-pandemic.

Others are correct about the timeline talking about offsite. For example if I select February 23rd as my first day for a 3 day ticket it tells me it's valid for any 3 days (doesn't have to be consecutive) between the 23rd and the 27th.

Now as far as calling them Disney does say
"Your tickets are valid for admission to multiple theme parks on any 3 days from Feb 23, 2022 through Feb 27, 2022, subject to park reservation availability. Tickets do not have to be used on consecutive dates. Tickets are nonrefundable. View Park and Attraction Information After expiration date, the price paid for a wholly unused ticket can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket with an equal or higher price."

In addition to saying:
"You can make changes to your tickets, including your ticket dates, prior to midnight ET of the day before your ticket’s first valid use date, Feb 23, 2022. After your first valid ticket date, you can use the app to add additional days to an eligible ticket or add ticket options. There’s no change fee to modify, but an additional cost applies for dates with higher ticket prices. No refund or credit is given for changes from dates with higher prices to dates with lower prices. Tickets are nonrefundable, nontransferable and must be used by the same person on all days."

The amount of days you have to use your ticket depends on the amount of days you purchased. Here's a chart from a different thread showing the information:
1-Day Ticket Only the start date selected
2-Day Ticket Any 2 days within 4 days beginning on the start date
3-Day Ticket Any 3 days within 5 days beginning on the start date
4-Day Ticket Any 4 days within 7 days beginning on the start date
5-Day Ticket Any 5 days within 8 days beginning on the start date
6-Day Ticket Any 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date
7-Day Ticket Any 7 days within 10 days beginning on the start date
8-Day Ticket Any 8 days within 12 days beginning on the start date
9-Day Ticket Any 9 days within 13 days beginning on the start date
10-Day Ticket Any 10 days within 14 days beginning on the start date

This part about ticket expiration debuted in October 2018.

OP did you purchase your tickets through Disney themselves on their website? If so this information is given during the process several times.

Date based tickets have been a thing for years now.
I believe at one point you could for a fee add a flexible date option but not sure if that's still an option or how it works as I book a vacation package which makes my ticket valid to use any time between check in and check out day.
I remembered that too. I think that must have gone away with the park reservation system since I feel that defeats the point of them locking you into days. I think it just added more days (but not infinite) for your X-day ticket to be able to be used by (was it 14 days??). What was once an Add On feature for Flexible Dates is now Genie+ option. I don't remember the Flexible Date option being removed before the pandemic but it's possible that happened.

OP- I'm sorry that you got caught unaware. There's a lot of fine print to read when planning a Disney trip, and a lot has changed over the past few years starting even before covid. I feel your frustration and I hope you can plan around this issue in a way that doesn't negatively impact your vacation.

I have a related ticket question. We had annual passes for many years but at this point we only want to do Disney once every few years so we'll be buying regular tickets for the first time since back when unused days did not expire. If I buy tickets as part of a package with a resort stay, but I want tickets for fewer days than our stay, let's say 6 day tickets for a 14 day onsite stay, do the same expiration rules apply as when a multi day ticket is purchased outside of a package? Additionally, how would this work for a split resort stay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter