• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waiting for points to hit

disneysled

Earning My Ears
Does anyone happen to know how long it takes for the points on a resale purchase to be put in your account? We purchased our 3rd resale contract recently. Everything moved incredibly quickly. I notice on Thursday that our online account showed the new contract info - membership number and all but no points show up. I called and spoke to a rep but she had no idea why the points don’t show up or when they will hit the account. A bit frustrating to have the contract show all details but not have access to the point :(
Thanks for any input!

Anywhere from a couple days to two weeks depending on their backlog. It's a manual process. MS isn't involved.

Anywhere from a couple days to two weeks depending on their backlog. It's a manual process. MS isn't involved.
It is actually a special department in MS that does load the points, at least that is what MS and MA told me. MA creates the shell of the account which is what the OP sees on the online account. MS can check on the status if you get the right advisor though many will claim they don’t load the points but all signs in my experience (talking to that department through an MS advisor) and MA making the claim that MS is responsible.

If the OP wants to check the status on what day they processing the right person can tell you. But it is a manual process as you stated and for my contract it was backlogged when I asked.

It is actually a special department in MS that does load the points, at least that is what MS and MA told me. MA creates the shell of the account which is what the OP sees on the online account. MS can check on the status if you get the right advisor though many will claim they don’t load the points but all signs in my experience (talking to that department through an MS advisor) and MA making the claim that MS is responsible.

If the OP wants to check the status on what day they processing the right person can tell you. But it is a manual process as you stated and for my contract it was backlogged when I asked.

Perhaps the better phrase is "most of the phone staff of MS has no clue about the process."

When I called on Tuesday they said 5 business days, she said something like currently, so I guess it changes based on the backlog. My contact loaded on Monday, the Points were in my account late Friday afternoon... so 5 days...
That was 4/8 to 4/12

Last edited:
My very recent resale took a week from showing online (4/5) to points loaded (4/12).

Reactions: CJN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter