Walk in Walt's Footsteps - Which time is best??

yupikgal

DIS Veteran
HELP! I need to book our tour today, it will be just for myself and my daughter. the lines are open now for our first available date, but I'm getting paranoid wondering which tour to book since both are available?

MORNING or....AFTERNOON?

Is there an advantage to either/both? It will be a Sunday, the weekend before Thanksgiving.

My understanding is that once you book it, you can't change or cancel, so I want to make absolutely sure once I do book!!

Thank you! I want to call them ASAP to book it!

Update...I'm on hold, decided to do the morning on Sunday, the day after we get there!! Wish me luck!!

I would think that either time is fine during the time of year. I went in August for afternoon tour and it was 99 degrees.

I would think that either time is fine during the time of year. I went in August for afternoon tour and it was 99 degrees.
Well it shouldn't be anywhere near that temp when we are there, I just booked the Sunday morning tour! Can't wait!!

We did the morning and I wished we chose the afternoon. That particular day, the park was near EMPTY in the morning and I kept gazing longingly at the short lines and small crowds. By the time we finished up in the Dream Suite it was 1pm and the park was packed and hot! :(
BUT it will be great no matter what you decide!

We did morning and I loved it because we got into the park before it opened. I got to take a picture of Main Street practically empty!

We did morning and I loved it because we got into the park before it opened. I got to take a picture of Main Street practically empty!
Really? What time did you get in? Our tour isn't until 930a, so they said we should be there at 9a. The park opens at 8a that day....she just suggested that we already be in the park beforehand

We did the morning and I wished we chose the afternoon. That particular day, the park was near EMPTY in the morning and I kept gazing longingly at the short lines and small crowds. By the time we finished up in the Dream Suite it was 1pm and the park was packed and hot! :(
BUT it will be great no matter what you decide!
I would like to book to see the Dream Suite. When did you go?

April. I was originally disappointed it was the dream suite but it was pretty cool after all!
Did you get the feeling that the Dream Suite is not usually on the tour? Wonder if something was going on in Walt's Apartment??

I think it's been the dream suite for a while now; when we did it a year ago, they said Walt's apartment is so small and it's kind of fragile, historical object-wise, so they were pretty much just doing the dream suite now. Not sure if that's still the case? At any rate, the Dream Suite was pretty cool.

I think it's been the dream suite for a while now; when we did it a year ago, they said Walt's apartment is so small and it's kind of fragile, historical object-wise, so they were pretty much just doing the dream suite now. Not sure if that's still the case? At any rate, the Dream Suite was pretty cool.
They are doing Walt's Apartment again, we are going on the tour next month.

We just did the tour 2 weeks ago. We did the 12pm tour - I was thinking so we could ride the attractions beforehand when the park was relatively quiet. It was pretty warm though, they set a steady pace and it was a pretty hot day. I think perhaps the 9.30am tour would be more pleasant when it's hot, it was also very crowded walking around the park after midday.
I believe the Dream Suite is now currently being used for something else - private events maybe?, so Walt's Apartment is definitely back on the tour.
The attractions included in our tour were: Alice in Wonderland and It's a Small World. I had also expected Great Moments with Mr Lincoln to be included from what I had read on previous reviews but it wasn't (someone did post that when they went about a month earlier it was included so who knows!). We did go into that building but we only looked at all the memorabilia there we didn't watch the show.
The included lunch was very good - from Jolly Holiday I believe - and served in the Tour Gardens which was fine. I had the salad and it was lovely, my son had the Turkey roll and he seemed to really like it.
Enjoy your tour! :-)

We did the tour in the afternoon this past August. I chose the afternoon tour so we could take advantage of the lower crowds and low wait times in the morning...then during the tour we had access to a couple rides with no wait. Either way, you'll have a great time...it's a fantastic tour! The meal frovided at Jolly Holiday was really good too!

We have this tour booked for our upcoming trip and decided to go with the afternoon tour as well! Glad to see a lot of people have the same thinking of saving your morning for rides. Also getting my hopes up that we'll be able to tour Walt's Apartment vs. the Dream Suite!

We have this tour booked for our upcoming trip and decided to go with the afternoon tour as well! Glad to see a lot of people have the same thinking of saving your morning for rides. Also getting my hopes up that we'll be able to tour Walt's Apartment vs. the Dream Suite!
You should be able to call and ask.

When I spoke with them last week about scheduling for December, they said it would be Walt's apartment. Looks like we'll do afternoon also. I'd prefer the later lunch anyhow. Then we can just do a quick, small snack or soup for dinner and be all set. Yay!

We just did the tour 2 weeks ago. We did the 12pm tour - I was thinking so we could ride the attractions beforehand when the park was relatively quiet. It was pretty warm though, they set a steady pace and it was a pretty hot day. I think perhaps the 9.30am tour would be more pleasant when it's hot, it was also very crowded walking around the park after midday.
I believe the Dream Suite is now currently being used for something else - private events maybe?, so Walt's Apartment is definitely back on the tour.
The attractions included in our tour were: Alice in Wonderland and It's a Small World. I had also expected Great Moments with Mr Lincoln to be included from what I had read on previous reviews but it wasn't (someone did post that when they went about a month earlier it was included so who knows!). We did go into that building but we only looked at all the memorabilia there we didn't watch the show.
The included lunch was very good - from Jolly Holiday I believe - and served in the Tour Gardens which was fine. I had the salad and it was lovely, my son had the Turkey roll and he seemed to really like it.
Enjoy your tour! :-)
I'm excited!! Thank you! I am so stoked to see Walt's apartment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter