Walk-ing Back to Disney! COMPLETED 10/16! A Fall 2014 PTR!

Ok, I made it over but I'm hiding my eyes because I think that first picture is from your last day at WDW which you haven't posted about yet. :wave2:

I read all your plans and it sounds like you are right on track.

I say keep your room budget down because really how much time do you spend there? We always stay in the Value resorts and for the amount of time that we are in the room I can't justify the expense of a moderate (yes I am cheap but would rather save my money for the NEXT vacation) That being said, I would possibly change if free dining came out. Keep in mind at the Value resorts, if you get free dining, it is the QS plan so you have to pay the difference per person per day to upgrade to the regular DP (with the sit down meals). Not sure if that difference would cover the cost of the upgrade to POR or not.

I often follow the free dining threads and find that it is often hard to get free dining at POR since that resort seems to run out of availability. I would come up with an alternative just in case that is booked and AoA free dining is not offered. (No help there because we have only stayed at value resorts). I know the Pop food court was getting some bad reviews after they made some changes last summer, before that I guess it was better (and the tye dye cheesecake was cheesecake on top of red velvet cake - a real slice not in a cup and was pretty good). We did go to AoA for a QS dinner on our past visit and really enjoyed the hotel and the food court (we stayed at the POP and drove over to check it out, mostly because I wanted to see it after hearing about it in your PTR :thumbsup2 )

Never been to Splitsville or Cirque but my DH has done both. It might be just me but I don't think I would spend my Disney time doing something I could do at home (the movies or bowling). I know the Splitsville is way more then a bowling alley but $20 for a game of bowling :( (I am just way too cheap). He had a fun time but was with a few guys from work and I'm sure they would have enjoyed themselves no matter where they were - as long as they had beer. LOL. My DH loves Cirque and has seen a few shows and he really enjoyed the one at DTD. I do enjoy walking around DTD and I think that would be a fun date night. House of Blues is fun and usually has live music. I LOVE Raglan Road - they often have live music and entertainment. I wonder if the major re-do of DTD will be done by the time you go. It would be fun to check it out if it is.

I also LOVED Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk area - the best dueling piano bar I have ever been to. Not sure how you would get there without a car but based on the location of AoA and the Boardwalk hotels it probably wouldn't cost too much to take a cab. Maybe have dinner at one of the nicer restaurants over there????

Gosh, sorry for hogging your TR and PTR tonight. I guess I am making up for lost time.

I do think it is kind of funny that the day you guys had your "meltdown" was the day you didn't have anything planned. It does show that all your planning really paid off - and it is nice that everyone realized all your hard work was the key to you guys having a great first trip!

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip. I know the four of you will have a great time.

Ok, I made it over but I'm hiding my eyes because I think that first picture is from your last day at WDW which you haven't posted about yet. :wave2:

Hahahaha! You're too funny! And right! I was just working on my update for the last day!!! So you will soon see it over there! Oddly enough, it's the only pic of my family of 4 in front of the castle from the ENTIRE trip! I obviously didn't realize this until we got home... but apparently all the photos have the whole large group, or Maddie wasn't in them because she'd be sleeping in her stroller or something! Oy...

I read all your plans and it sounds like you are right on track.

I say keep your room budget down because really how much time do you spend there? We always stay in the Value resorts and for the amount of time that we are in the room I can't justify the expense of a moderate (yes I am cheap but would rather save my money for the NEXT vacation) That being said, I would possibly change if free dining came out. Keep in mind at the Value resorts, if you get free dining, it is the QS plan so you have to pay the difference per person per day to upgrade to the regular DP (with the sit down meals). Not sure if that difference would cover the cost of the upgrade to POR or not.

I often follow the free dining threads and find that it is often hard to get free dining at POR since that resort seems to run out of availability. I would come up with an alternative just in case that is booked and AoA free dining is not offered. (No help there because we have only stayed at value resorts). I know the Pop food court was getting some bad reviews after they made some changes last summer, before that I guess it was better (and the tye dye cheesecake was cheesecake on top of red velvet cake - a real slice not in a cup and was pretty good). We did go to AoA for a QS dinner on our past visit and really enjoyed the hotel and the food court (we stayed at the POP and drove over to check it out, mostly because I wanted to see it after hearing about it in your PTR :thumbsup2 )

Never been to Splitsville or Cirque but my DH has done both. It might be just me but I don't think I would spend my Disney time doing something I could do at home (the movies or bowling). I know the Splitsville is way more then a bowling alley but $20 for a game of bowling :( (I am just way too cheap). He had a fun time but was with a few guys from work and I'm sure they would have enjoyed themselves no matter where they were - as long as they had beer. LOL. My DH loves Cirque and has seen a few shows and he really enjoyed the one at DTD. I do enjoy walking around DTD and I think that would be a fun date night. House of Blues is fun and usually has live music. I LOVE Raglan Road - they often have live music and entertainment. I wonder if the major re-do of DTD will be done by the time you go. It would be fun to check it out if it is.

I also LOVED Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk area - the best dueling piano bar I have ever been to. Not sure how you would get there without a car but based on the location of AoA and the Boardwalk hotels it probably wouldn't cost too much to take a cab. Maybe have dinner at one of the nicer restaurants over there????

Gosh, sorry for hogging your TR and PTR tonight. I guess I am making up for lost time.

I do think it is kind of funny that the day you guys had your "meltdown" was the day you didn't have anything planned. It does show that all your planning really paid off - and it is nice that everyone realized all your hard work was the key to you guys having a great first trip!

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip. I know the four of you will have a great time.

You are so right about the resorts, we really spent no time in the room aside form showering and sleeping so why spend so much money? And I've just learned about the slow bus service at POR too. I think I have pretty much decided to just stick with AoA...and if free dining comes out I can check into mving to POR because it actually would save me about $400-500 in that scenario, but I wouldnt be disappointed if it didn't work out. AoA never has free dining for the LM rooms, so I know not to expect that, so we'll just pay and do our thing!

Good point about the movie or bowling as well. I am still kinda torn on the bowling only because I did some research today and people have been buzzing about how great the food is there! But a night at the boardwalk would be so fun too...we could always bus it to Epcot then walk to the Boardwalk from there or Hollywood Studios even. I do love House of Blues too! Who knows, we may just end up keeping the kids with us and doing DTD and just going to Rainforest or TRex... or heck, Wolfgang Puck Express was amazing last time. I could fit in another ADR at a park and do QS that night.... oy my wheels are a-turning now!!

And you're not hogging! You're helping, you've said a lot of things that ring true to me, so thanks!!! I'm gonna go check my TR now and hopefully get an update or two worked in tonight!! :thumbsup2

oh yeah, a new ptr!!!! Can't wait to see what you are making this time around!!!!

THIS IS OUR VACATION!!!!! I knew we were planning soul mates :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: We are staying in a royal room Sept 24-Oct 5. Of course, you have already had your first magical trip, while I have been waiting for two years for mine....... But 2014 has finally ARRIVED!!!:cool1:

F & W was definitely a big draw for us. I plan on doing A LOT of each!!:rotfl2: We actually moved our trip up a week in hopes of free dining. I REALLY REALLY hope they offer it! I am gonna be very stressed about saving enough money for tips and such if we don't get it::yes::

:rotfl: Just realized that I only read the first page before I posted, and you had a whole other page already....oops!!!

We would've stayed in AoA but the full beds were a deal breaker for mom and her DH. :( I am so excited about the royal rooms though. We have already booked and I am keeping my fingers crossed for free dining. I don't know what we'll do if we have to change resorts (uh-oh, no back up plan......:scared1:)

I just read a blog about doing a monorail crawl and checking out the different lounges at the monorail resorts. It sounded really fun, you could check out the resorts AND have some mom and dad time!!! I think it was on Disney dining:confused3

oh yeah, a new ptr!!!! Can't wait to see what you are making this time around!!!! THIS IS OUR VACATION!!!!! I knew we were planning soul mates :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: We are staying in a royal room Sept 24-Oct 5. Of course, you have already had your first magical trip, while I have been waiting for two years for mine....... But 2014 has finally ARRIVED!!!:cool1: F & W was definitely a big draw for us. I plan on doing A LOT of each!!:rotfl2: We actually moved our trip up a week in hopes of free dining. I REALLY REALLY hope they offer it! I am gonna be very stressed about saving enough money for tips and such if we don't get it::yes::

Yay! We can have a Dis Meet!!! I'm so excited that your time is coming!!! Are you gonna do a MNSSHP?

F&W is def why I moved ours to end of month!

I will keep my fingers crossed on free dining! This is a sloooow week so there's a great chance!

:rotfl: Just realized that I only read the first page before I posted, and you had a whole other page already....oops!!! We would've stayed in AoA but the full beds were a deal breaker for mom and her DH. :( I am so excited about the royal rooms though. We have already booked and I am keeping my fingers crossed for free dining. I don't know what we'll do if we have to change resorts (uh-oh, no back up plan......:scared1:) I just read a blog about doing a monorail crawl and checking out the different lounges at the monorail resorts. It sounded really fun, you could check out the resorts AND have some mom and dad time!!! I think it was on Disney dining:confused3

Yea the full beds suck, hubs and I slept separately last trip and rotated Olivia with sleeping with us and Maddie was in her pack n play!! We're used to a king sized bed! Well probably just do that again. I've decided to just book AoA, I love it there and buses are great and plentiful. I mayyyyy switch to POR only if free dining comes out during that time, bc it works out cheaper for me! Otherwise I'll keep with AoA.

Your in the know about keeping an eye for free dining so I wouldn't worry so much, you'll be one of the first to make arrangements if you have to! But hopefully all will work out!

:rotfl: Just realized that I only read the first page before I posted, and you had a whole other page already....oops!!! We would've stayed in AoA but the full beds were a deal breaker for mom and her DH. :( I am so excited about the royal rooms though. We have already booked and I am keeping my fingers crossed for free dining. I don't know what we'll do if we have to change resorts (uh-oh, no back up plan......:scared1:) I just read a blog about doing a monorail crawl and checking out the different lounges at the monorail resorts. It sounded really fun, you could check out the resorts AND have some mom and dad time!!! I think it was on Disney dining:confused3

Forgot to ask! So you're getting close to you ADR date! Have you picked your restaurants? Are you doing the DDP? Give me a run down of your plans for each day! Maybe we have plans I be in the same place at the same time!! I'm waiting for the official schedule to be released but hopefully my lines app predictor is close and I won't need to rearrange everything. It took me hours to decide what to do each day!! I'll probably post on my plans tomorrow!!

Yeah, my mom is actually doing a ptr. I just chime in on hers cause I don't have time to do my own :rotfl2: I don't know how to post the links but it is "First time in the world oct 2014......spiritsim" . We have changed our plans about a hundred times, but I think she has the newest one up there. Audrey just recently begged us to do the waterpark so we had to rearrange a little. now that I think about it she might not have that one heeheheehe :lmao: so, let me see
Day 1 DTD, TRex, Cirque
Day 2 MK BOG, Happy Ever After dinner
Day 3 Capt Cooks (gotta try the Tonga Toast) MNSSHP
Day 4 HS Brown Derby lunch, Fantasmic
Day 5 Resort day, HDDR
Day 6 AK, Tusker House breakfast, Ohana dinner
Day 7 EP F & W, late dinner Fulton's
Day 8 Blizzard Beach
Day 9 MK morning Crystal Palace, Afternoon Tea, Resort break, Artist Point
Day 10 EP Akershus, Garden Grill dinner
Day 11 MK pirate league, LTT lunch/ EP Teppan Edo dinner
Day 12 Departure day boo

wow, it looks like a lot all written together like that:lmao:, on my chart it is more spread out hahaha. I am also waiting for park hours and such. We may end up changing things a little. (I'm still trying to figure a way to fit in the dessert party) We are gonna try to do breaks most days. It will be much more laid back than your first trip :worship: Plus we REALLY like to eat :rotfl:

I am late... Sigh...

SUPER EXCITED to be part of your planning again Terry~! Did I miss the end of your TR???? I need to find the time to go back and investigate!

I love all of your choices... Any of your dates... They don't over lap with our next trip (bummer)...

Love your resort choices... POR is beautiful... It would be SO FUN for the girls if you could get a royal room! I sure hope FD is offered to the public! Definately call and ask if you have a PIN code... I've never been lucky - but maybe you will?

Just so happy you are going back!

D~

POR:

Did not have one bad bus the entire trip! we also DID get FD when we went!!! So please do not base your plans on that.. We had heard all about the bad buses. and were skeptical. but it was a non issue.. :thumbsup2 especially in Sept. LOW crowds remember?!?! No issues!!! and free dining!!! they want to get people in the resorts on off seasons.

I would call Disney again.. and again... and Again.. to see if you have a pin..
Check under your name and your DH.
I have even heard other people using their families pin codes!!! which i thought was a HUGE no no.. but Disney allowed someone i know to do it. so WHO KNOWS unless you call!!

the reviews for Cirque are outstanding!! so i hope you do it and let us know! I have a horrible fear of clowns so i won't be doing it. :lmao:

Do the resorts have Child care? or is there a age restriction?

I am late... Sigh... SUPER EXCITED to be part of your planning again Terry~! Did I miss the end of your TR???? I need to find the time to go back and investigate! I love all of your choices... Any of your dates... They don't over lap with our next trip (bummer)... Love your resort choices... POR is beautiful... It would be SO FUN for the girls if you could get a royal room! I sure hope FD is offered to the public! Definately call and ask if you have a PIN code... I've never been lucky - but maybe you will? Just so happy you are going back! D~

You didn't miss the end of the TR, I just started on my last park day last night! So it's almost complete :(

Yea, I'm thinking well book AoA and then switch to POR if FD comes out. If not we adored AoA last time so no biggie for us.

POR: Did not have one bad bus the entire trip! we also DID get FD when we went!!! So please do not base your plans on that.. We had heard all about the bad buses. and were skeptical. but it was a non issue.. :thumbsup2 especially in Sept. LOW crowds remember?!?! No issues!!! and free dining!!! they want to get people in the resorts on off seasons. I would call Disney again.. and again... and Again.. to see if you have a pin.. Check under your name and your DH. I have even heard other people using their families pin codes!!! which i thought was a HUGE no no.. but Disney allowed someone i know to do it. so WHO KNOWS unless you call!! the reviews for Cirque are outstanding!! so i hope you do it and let us know! I have a horrible fear of clowns so i won't be doing it. :lmao: Do the resorts have Child care? or is there a age restriction?

Good to know about POR! You're totally right! If FD comes out I will def try to upgrade over there..it actually would work out cheaper than AoA in that case!!

You're too funny with the clowns!! Lol!

And yes, a few of the Deluxe
Resorts have childcare, like the poly, and anyone can use it whose staying at Disney I believe, even if you're not at that resort, but it is age restrictive. You have to be 4, and it's about $11.50 per hour per child and includes a meal. So not too bad, but they also don't stay open real late. Obviously with Maddie she's not old enough so we have to do in-room if we choose to do that...

Yeah, my mom is actually doing a ptr. I just chime in on hers cause I don't have time to do my own :rotfl2: I don't know how to post the links but it is "First time in the world oct 2014......spiritsim" . We have changed our plans about a hundred times, but I think she has the newest one up there. Audrey just recently begged us to do the waterpark so we had to rearrange a little. now that I think about it she might not have that one heeheheehe :lmao: so, let me see Day 1 DTD, TRex, Cirque Day 2 MK BOG, Happy Ever After dinner Day 3 Capt Cooks (gotta try the Tonga Toast) MNSSHP Day 4 HS Brown Derby lunch, Fantasmic Day 5 Resort day, HDDR Day 6 AK, Tusker House breakfast, Ohana dinner Day 7 EP F & W, late dinner Fulton's Day 8 Blizzard Beach Day 9 MK morning Crystal Palace, Afternoon Tea, Resort break, Artist Point Day 10 EP Akershus, Garden Grill dinner Day 11 MK pirate league, LTT lunch/ EP Teppan Edo dinner Day 12 Departure day boo wow, it looks like a lot all written together like that:lmao:, on my chart it is more spread out hahaha. I am also waiting for park hours and such. We may end up changing things a little. (I'm still trying to figure a way to fit in the dessert party) We are gonna try to do breaks most days. It will be much more laid back than your first trip :worship: Plus we REALLY like to eat :rotfl:

Oh! I'll have to look up the PTR! And I'll need to pull up my spreadsheet later and compare! I assume your plans are contingent on the schedules coming out the way you hope, right?

I think FD is usually announced around May for fall, but the schedules should be up in march I think! I can't waaaaaiiiiiiiittttt!

Yeah, my mom is actually doing a ptr. I just chime in on hers cause I don't have time to do my own :rotfl2: I don't know how to post the links but it is "First time in the world oct 2014......spiritsim" . We have changed our plans about a hundred times, but I think she has the newest one up there. Audrey just recently begged us to do the waterpark so we had to rearrange a little. now that I think about it she might not have that one heeheheehe :lmao: so, let me see
Day 1 DTD, TRex, Cirque
Day 2 MK BOG, Happy Ever After dinner
Day 3 Capt Cooks (gotta try the Tonga Toast) MNSSHP
Day 4 HS Brown Derby lunch, Fantasmic
Day 5 Resort day, HDDR
Day 6 AK, Tusker House breakfast, Ohana dinner
Day 7 EP F & W, late dinner Fulton's
Day 8 Blizzard Beach
Day 9 MK morning Crystal Palace, Afternoon Tea, Resort break, Artist Point
Day 10 EP Akershus, Garden Grill dinner
Day 11 MK pirate league, LTT lunch/ EP Teppan Edo dinner
Day 12 Departure day boo

wow, it looks like a lot all written together like that:lmao:, on my chart it is more spread out hahaha. I am also waiting for park hours and such. We may end up changing things a little. (I'm still trying to figure a way to fit in the dessert party) We are gonna try to do breaks most days. It will be much more laid back than your first trip :worship: Plus we REALLY like to eat :rotfl:
This looks like a GREAT trip. So jealous, plus you might get to meet Terri and her family. :cool1:

Do you have APs? The reason I am asking is because the only day of your trip that would require Park Hopper passes is Day 11. If you switch your dinner reservation to something in the park (or one of the monorail resorts) you wouldn't need to spend the money on PHs. You can always add the PH option while you are in WDW if you need it.

Terri - You mentioned in one of your posts somewhere about Child Swap and how it worked. We really made the most of it on some of our earlier trips when Curtis was little. This is the way it worked for us in the past: Everyone (but Maddie) wants to ride Splash Mountain - You would all go up to the CM at the entrance to Splash and say "we would like to do a rider swap" (you all have to be close by so the CM can see that you have a little one and would qualify to use the rider swap). The CM hands you up to 3 rider swap tickets (they looks like the "old" paper Fast Passes). Chris and Olivia get on the stand-by line for Splash while Terri and Maddie wander around and shop, eat a Mickey bar - you get the idea. When Chris and Olivia get off the ride they meet you at the Stroller and then Terri and Olivia go back to Splash, flash your Rider Swap tickets and get into the Fast Pass return line to ride Splash. See how Terri got to shop while Chris waited on line? ;)

If you all have FP for a ride it works the same way, just have everyone go to the FP return line (we used to have to show or hand over our paper FPs) and get the Rider Swap ticket but not sure how it will work with the FP+ and the bracelets. Then Olivia and Chris would wait in the FP line while Terri and Maddie strolled around and when the first group is done Olivia and Terri would use the FP line to enter the ride. It is very nice for Olivia because she gets to ride twice. My daughter got to ride BTMRR about 20 times on our first trip using the rider swap/FP. The other thing is that if Olivia doesn't want to go, or is too short, you can use the Rider Swap the same way with you and Chris each riding by yourselves and the second person would get to use the FP entrance.

Another nice feature that Disney offers for families. I briefly explained this system to a family who were getting FPs for TestTrack a few weeks ago. I think I saved that mom from having to stay with the baby in the stroller for their entire visit. The older kids were pretty excited too since they would get to do the FP rides twice with little wait.

This looks like a GREAT trip. So jealous, plus you might get to meet Terri and her family. :cool1: Do you have APs? The reason I am asking is because the only day of your trip that would require Park Hopper passes is Day 11. If you switch your dinner reservation to something in the park (or one of the monorail resorts) you wouldn't need to spend the money on PHs. You can always add the PH option while you are in WDW if you need it. Terri - You mentioned in one of your posts somewhere about Child Swap and how it worked. We really made the most of it on some of our earlier trips when Curtis was little. This is the way it worked for us in the past: Everyone (but Maddie) wants to ride Splash Mountain - You would all go up to the CM at the entrance to Splash and say "we would like to do a rider swap" (you all have to be close by so the CM can see that you have a little one and would qualify to use the rider swap). The CM hands you up to 3 rider swap tickets (they looks like the "old" paper Fast Passes). Chris and Olivia get on the stand-by line for Splash while Terri and Maddie wander around and shop, eat a Mickey bar - you get the idea. When Chris and Olivia get off the ride they meet you at the Stroller and then Terri and Olivia go back to Splash, flash your Rider Swap tickets and get into the Fast Pass return line to ride Splash. See how Terri got to shop while Chris waited on line? ;) If you all have FP for a ride it works the same way, just have everyone go to the FP return line (we used to have to show or hand over our paper FPs) and get the Rider Swap ticket but not sure how it will work with the FP+ and the bracelets. Then Olivia and Chris would wait in the FP line while Terri and Maddie strolled around and when the first group is done Olivia and Terri would use the FP line to enter the ride. It is very nice for Olivia because she gets to ride twice. My daughter got to ride BTMRR about 20 times on our first trip using the rider swap/FP. The other thing is that if Olivia doesn't want to go, or is too short, you can use the Rider Swap the same way with you and Chris each riding by yourselves and the second person would get to use the FP entrance. Another nice feature that Disney offers for families. I briefly explained this system to a family who were getting FPs for TestTrack a few weeks ago. I think I saved that mom from having to stay with the baby in the stroller for their entire visit. The older kids were pretty excited too since they would get to do the FP rides twice with little wait.

I HAVE been looking into rider swap!!!! We didn't use it on our first trip but we will need to this time! I was just reading on another TR that the RW does still work with the FP+ and that sorta gives us a fun advantage! Instead of just picking 3 rides to FP each day we can pick more because we all won't need to FP the big rides, just one of us and then get a RS ticket! So yay for that! Tho the rides was all do together as a family we will all still need a FP for. But still and extra ride or 2 or 3 a day, why not?! :)

Alright, got some good news today!! Like I mentioned before, we usually use our tax returns as our vacation fund every year, and this year my only hope was that it be enough for Disney! My hubby's only hope was that it be enough for Disney and a Playstation 4... men... :confused3

Anyway, we filed tonight and our return was about double what I'd hoped! Score! :cool1: So Disney is a done deal! Money should arrive within the next two weeks and that sucker will be booked and paid for THE DAY it arrives!! I am soooo so so so so so so so excited, this kinda makes it official now! :banana:

So we for sure have decided on a couple things...

1. We are going with the dates I'd hoped, Sept 29-Oct 8th! So 10 days / 9 nights of Disney goodness!!

2. We've decided to just book the LM room at AoA. If free dining becomes available for our dates we will see about upgrading to POR, Royal Rooms if available. This is a slow time of year, so I am not gonna fret about it, if it happens it happens, if not then that's fine too.

Oh, and just some random info for you all... have you seen that they officially broke ground on Avatarland? I don't think I've ever mentioned before, but I actually have a friend who is a Disney Imagineer!!! I was talkinging with him this week and he may have mentioned to me that along with AL is coming longer park hours, they will be open at night now! And AK is getting a show on the lagoon in front of Everest! How cool? Of course, he can't say much more than that because of confidentiality and all that jazz... but still!!! How cool!??! FYI: I asked him this because I am a nerd... but you know the Imagineer guy who is always on the behind the scenes shows talking about the rides, his name is Joe and had all the funky ear jewelry? He works with that guy! Neat right?? My friend also happened to design the new 500 ft ferris wheel thing in Vegas that's about to open up! So yeah, just thought you should all know that I have an awesome friend!

Anyway... onto the daily plans!! :hyper:

Sept 29- Arrival Day/ Magic Kingdom

Crowd Level: 4/10

Attire: Plane Mickey shirts we used last trip!

Lunch/Dinner: AoA Resort

ADR: Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party

We hope to get to Disney as early as possible, but even if its later in the day, we should be there in plenty of time to do the TTFDP and hopefully take a spin on the Mine Train!

Sept 30- Magic Kingdom

Crowd Level: 2/10

Attire: The girls will be in Princess dresses today, and I plan to make me and the hubs shirts with Mickey & Minnie kissing! Awww! :love:

Breakfast: In room (Stuff I will bring from home, like granola bars)

Lunch: Pinnochio Village Haus

Dinner: Be Our Guest

ADR: BBB for Olivia (She wants to be Sofia this time)

This is our Princess day so we def need to eat in a castle, hence BOG..and Olivia requested that we meet the Beast, so hopefully we can!

Oct 1- Epcot

Crowd Level: 1/10 (I KNOW! Be jealous...lol)

Attire: I plan to make Mickey Bar tees!!

Breakfast: Akershus

Lunch/Dinner: Sunshine Seasons

We hardly got to see Future World last time, so our plan is to eat early in Norway then head back up to the front of the park and spend most the day really exploring there, then we can head back to WS and check out F&W in the evening! So I am calling this our Future World day!!

Oct 2- Rest Day/ MNSSHP

Attire: Halloween Costumes!! (Post on that another day soon! Yes, I do already know!!)

Breakfast: In Room

Lunch: AoA

Dinner: Not sure...looking for another good QS in MK... any ideas??

This is our Halloween party and rest day! Sleep late, swim at the resort, and relax and take a nap until 4ish and do the MNSSHP! Hoping to get LOTS of rest so the girls can make it til midnight for the party!!

Oct 3- Hollywood Studios

Attire: Disney Junior Shirts I plan to make

Breakfast: Hollywood & Vine Character Meal

Lunch: Probably will just snack from Starring Rolls Cafe!

Dinner: Sci-Fi Drive In Theater

We will for sure be here open to close this day!! I just love HS!! We will most def be staying for the last showing of Fantasmic too! This is kinda our Dis Junior day I suppose... :)

Oct 4- Epcot

Attire: Peace, Love & Mickey shirts I plan to make!

Breakfast: In Room

Lunch: Boulangerie in France (the sandwiches looked delish and I wanted something lighter since we will probably be snacking at F&W... in fact we may skip lunch and just do that!!)

Dinner: Via Napoli (I kinda want to do Tutto Italia, I heard the food is amazing, but Via Napoli feels more kid friendly, thoughts??)

So this day is all about WS! We'll start with re-riding some faves until WS opens, or maybe even sleep in (GASP! I know!??! Me?? Sleep in??) But I fugure if the rest of the fam doesn't feel the urge to do any Future World stuff we can just show up later before WS opens, so we shall see... but I am going to explore every inch that I can of WS! I want to see shows in the coutries, eat and drink more from F&W..I even wanna make the hubs a beers around the world checklist!! I loved WS last time but felt so rushed! Not this time, I am not doing stamps or Agent P or anything to distract us from just being there and getting lost in it all!

Oct 5- Magic Kingdom/ Downtown Disney

Crowd Level: 4/10

Attire: Jack Skellington Mickey shirts

Breakfast: Ohana

Lunch: Captain Cooks

Dinner: Wolfgang Puck Express

This day we will see the Poly a lot! We really wanted to try Ohana for breakfast because its our fave meal of the day! Plus its a character meal for the kiddos! After that well head to MK for rope drop, and then when we've had our fill we plan to ride the monorail back to the Poly so Chris can indulge in the self-service Dole Whip machine! LoL!! Then we want to head to DTD and just shop and explore, and eat WPE before we had back. I LOVED WPE last time (especially the cheesecake!) so I wanted it again, and its the best bang for your buck for QS, so I feel like I am getting my moneys worth!! This is the night we may possibly hire a in-room sitter and just have it a parents night out, but thats still up in the air!

Oct 6- Animal Kingdom

Crowd Level: 3/10

Attire: Yeti shirts I have designed!!

Breakfast: In room

Lunch: Snack Credit for fried rice at Yak & Yeti! (Soooo good)

Dinner: Hoop De Doo Musical Revue

Hoop De Doo was by far our favorite meal last time and we all agreed we'd like to do it again, and since AK closes at 5 it works perfect on this day!! Lots of things we missed in this park last time and lots of things I want to do again so we will be here open-close I am sure!

Oct 7- Magic Kingdom

Crowd Level: 5/10 (Our highest for the trip! But our average for last time and last time it didnt feel too crowded so I am so happy!)

Attire: Hitchhiking Ghost Shirts I will make!

Breakfast: Crystal Palace

Lunch/Dinner: Columbia Harbour House

This will be our last park day so we hope to just take it easy and savor our last morsel of Disney time. I am most certain we will be here open-close because we gotta end our trip with Wishes!

Oct 9- Travel Day :worried:

Breakfast: AoA

A sad, sad day, indeed. Time to pack up and head home...

So there you have it, my daily plans for now, hopefully I can score all the ADRs I want and I don't see things changing too much! I needed a couple suggestions up there so please leave me feedback!!

For being so new at planning your a PRO now!!! I love your plans.. I really do. You have relaxing days and days full blown Disney FUN!!!

That is AWESOME you have a friend imagineer!!! :yay: I did hear all about the new avatarland and i am one of the few who is really excited about it!! i just know Disney will do it justice!!!

QS: Cosmic Ray is really good!!! you get a lot of food for a QS location!
as for Epcot i cannot help we haven't been to either restaurant..
DO DRINK YOUR WAY AROUND THE WORLD!

Too bad we won't be overlapping that's my ONLY downfall on your planning! :rotfl:

Please post pictures of your shirts? popcorn::

Wow--you've been thinking about this trip! I can't wait to see all the shirts you make!

Besides Pinocchio haus, the only other QS we did last time at MK was pecos bills. We all loved what we got there. I've also always heard good things about tortuga tavern but we can never find it open.

:dance3: Yeah for the tax refund and that Disney is officially ON. :dance3:

I love your days all planned out with the pictures. :thumbsup2 Such a good visual for those of us following along and its getting me all excited for your trip (kind of strange but true). Your plans sound really perfect. I can't wait to see all your shirts, especially the AK ones.

You have a friend that is an Imagineer? How cool.

As for an extra counter service dinner at MK I think the only other one (besides Cosmic Rays) is Pecos Bills. My dad likes Casey's but I'm not sure what you get there on the dining plan. I am craving Pinocchio's now that you mention it. I was going to suggest a counter service at one of the monorail hotels but I wouldn't waste my party time with that (we always drive so we have to take the monorail or ferry over from the TTC but you guys will be dropped off right at the park).

Ummmm, 1/10 !!!! And at Epcot during F/W festival!!!! :cool1: AWESOME
Via Napoli is on my list for our next trip (whenever that is...). You know you can use your dining credits for most of the snacks at F&W festival, right? And the concerts are fun, especially if it is a cool band. The stage is very close so it is a great concert. A few years ago we saw Sugar Ray and Mark McGrath touched my hand. EEEKKKKKKK, one of my favorite Disney memories. They should announce the concert line up over the summer or early spring.

You guys will have so much fun at Play and Dine - especially with Sophia and Doc there now. We missed them by about 10 days :mad: but got to meet Sophia in the park. I think I was more excited then my niece and nephew because the line was REALLY short. LOL.

I think if your adults only night turns into a family night you will be good. Especially because that day is pretty laid back (based on your schedule) and your girls won't be wore out and prone to a melt down. You and Chris can enjoy an adult beverage if you want since you don't have to drive and a stroller with a cup holder is a mom's (and dad's) best friend. ;)

You should link to that post in the first post of your PTR. Mostly because I love it and might have to reference it over the next few months. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter