Walk times for YC and Polynesian

Tikiman

He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e wai
Ok I spent the morning going through all my video and I have a few results to share. Now remember these times were with me walking at an even pace. People seem to remember times different and some distances seem farther. I realize that when I hear people give the time they think it took to walk somewhere but I have the video with the time to show what it realy is.

The dibate on if the Epcot resorts are better for Epcot than the Polynesian. Well I always felt this was false and now I have proof.

Time to walk from the Yacht Club building where we stayed which was right above the marina to the YC pool was 3 minutes.

Yacht Club to the Beach Club's first building was 5 minutes.

Yacht Club to the gates of the International Gateway was 10 minutes.

Yacht Club to England was 12 minutes.

Now remember in the morning none of this is open so you still are not anywhere near something you can go on.

Yacht Club to the begining of Future World along the edge of the lake was 17 minutes with no crowds to walk through.

Now lets take a look at the Polynesian time.

From Hawaii longhouse to the TTC was 5 minutes.

From the TTC (yes I taped the whole trip on the monorail because we were up front) to Epcot monorail station the ride took 8 minutes.

From the monorail station through crowds to the same spot along the lake in Future World as the walk from the Yacht Club was 4 minutes.

The totals are 17 minutes for both resorts but 8 minutes of the trip from the Polynesian was not walking and add crowds to the walk from the YC and the Polynesian would win. So how is it that the Epcot resorts are better for Epcot and the Polynesian is only good for going to the MK? This is what I hear all the time.

Now if you were staying in Tahiti you would take 2 minutes off your walk and if you were in the furthest longhouse at the Polynesian you would add 4 minutes for a total of 21 minutes from building to the middle of Epcot. It may sound crazy but it is true and I have the tape to proove this all.

Now for those who think the Polynesian is big or you need a building close to the GCH. Here are the times around the resort and I even stoped to smell the flowers.

Hawaii to the GCH 2 minutes
Tokelau to the Volcano pool walking the beach 4 minutes
Tahiti to the Volcano pool walking the beach 4 minutes
Tahiti to the GCH 3 minutes taking the path through the resort.
Tuvalu to the GCH 2 minutes

Now from one end to the other from Aotearoa to Tahiti 6 minutes

Now anyone who thinks 6 minutes or less is too long to walk or walk in the rain should not be walking in a park at WDW :P

So there are your times.

Aloha

Steve

It's nice to see the actual times but I've always thought the same thing...you can't beat the Polynesian for Epcot or MK. Same with the argument about restaurants to me. You can ride the monorail or the boats and get to 'Ohanna, Kona, Citrico, Narcoossee,V&A, CG, Concourse Steakhouse, HoopdeDoo as well as the MK and Epcot restaurants although you do have quite a walk once you're at Epcot. But as you've shown the same is true for the Epcot resorts.

Quote:The totals are 17 minutes for both resorts but 8 minutes of the trip from the Polynesian was not walking and add crowds to the walk from the YC and the Polynesian would win. So how is it that the Epcot resorts are better for Epcot and the Polynesian is only good for going to the MK? This is what I hear all the time.

It is all personal perspective on what you like. Quicker is not always better to everyone. You have proven the times involved are similar on the day you tested it. Variables will always affect the amount of time involved. Such as weather and crowds.

I love the Polynesian just as much as I do the Yacht/Beach, but there have been times at the Polynesian due to crowds we had to stand on the monorail or even wait for the second one to pull in. Also we have been on the monorail when we had it stop and wait for clearance.

While at the Polynesian I much prefer the boat to the Magic Kingdom or to walk over to the TTC and take the ferry. At YC/BC
since I am doing the walking, I am not riding a crowded vehicle or waiting. Again personal preference in that I prefer the walk to a crowded monorail.

I do agree that the Polynesian is not a large resort and no location or building is that far from anything.

But I still feel that while I can certainly stay at the Polynesian and enjoy Epcot it is not as convenient for me personally since I prefer the World Showcase area more than Future World. I know it would take me longer from the Polynesian to get to the French Pastry shop than a quick walk over from the Beach Club. As you stated I can even stroll and enjoy the beautiful landscaping on my walk.

Now when I get ready to go the MK, being at the YC/BC is a major hassle to me. I do not want to take the bus or walk to the front of Epcot through crowds to catch the monorail so for the MK the Polynesian is the more convenient.

So while visiting each park is do able from either resort I still feel the Polynesian is the best resort for visiting MK and BC gets my vote for Epcot.

I really figure people choose one of the other for personal reasons over facts.

Sammie,

That is a good point. It is much easier to get to the World Showcase for the food and also it would be much easier to leave after Illuminations if you were staying over at the Yacht Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter