Honestly? In my opinion this is a not a very good “perk.”
They know that the majority of guests will not be able to use this on their check-in day.
And don’t ya love how they announced ticket price increases & then were like….but wait! we’re giving you a free water park day! 🙄
It’s not really,

They are “giving” something to the guests that doesn’t really cost them (much of) anything and has the benefit of being seen as a perk.

Agree with others:
A perk that most will not be able to use due to travel plans and travel issues. Arriving later in day or travel delays.
It cost Disney nothing.
Great PR for WDW
Both water parks being open at same time will not change.

it actual looks Like a front desk nightmare. Resort gst demanding ticket be good for another day because: Weather, travel delays, arriving later in day, gst not understanding offer.

We're planning to use it on occasion as a one night get away being local when grandkids visit. Just grab an available DVC studio, hit a Waterpark for the day then check in for an evening. Would never pay for a WDW Waterpark otherwise.

This could work for us only because we split stay (6/6) on our trips. We fly direct into MCO and usually are on property before 10:30 in the morning. Our normal travel dates have us leaving a potentially very cold climate and starting at a waterpark would be a bit of a challenge for the first day.

But the second stay, if you will, would be a good opportunity to use this "perk". We are AP and have thrown on the water parks just in case. Maybe now we won't? Save a few dollars when renewing our passes. That could work.

This could work for us only because we split stay (6/6) on our trips. We fly direct into MCO and usually are on property before 10:30 in the morning. Our normal travel dates have us leaving a potentially very cold climate and starting at a waterpark would be a bit of a challenge for the first day.

But the second stay, if you will, would be a good opportunity to use this "perk". We are AP and have thrown on the water parks just in case. Maybe now we won't? Save a few dollars when renewing our passes. That could work.
Great point - it’s a nice perk for a split stay!

What people if they even possibly able to get to the park depending on flight time, are going to get from the airport to hotel drop bags off take your swimming stuff out. Then possibly get two busses to the water park before 5pm closing time. Sounds a nightmare to me.
We would use this every time as that is exactly what we plan. We live in Illinois and always hit the 6:05 flight out of Indy that arrives at MCO at around 9. We never waste a day of park tickets the first day. We usually eat an early lunch and head to Typhoon Lagoon and straight to Crush n Gusher.

Love the perk!

This thread is so negative! Gee, how off-putting. Nothing's changed for you if you can't use the perk. So just be happy for those who can and move on

I don't think it's overly negative to say this perk is a bit rubbish. Of course there will be people it could work for. But for a large portion its useless and thats before factoring in travel delays, cancellations, inclement weather. I feel bad for the CM's and how many complaints they are going to get.

I don't think it's overly negative to say this perk is a bit rubbish. Of course there will be people it could work for. But for a large portion its useless and thats before factoring in travel delays, cancellations, inclement weather. I feel bad for the CM's and how many complaints they are going to get.
I suspect the overly negative posters are posters who are annoyed Disney added a perk they won’t be using.

Late arriving flight...I stay an airport hotel. A lot of flights arrive before 11a.

I think water park passes should be given for maybe half your resort nights, to guests staying at a hotel where the theme pool is closed for renovation.

We would use this every time as that is exactly what we plan. We live in Illinois and always hit the 6:05 flight out of Indy that arrives at MCO at around 9. We never waste a day of park tickets the first day. We usually eat an early lunch and head to Typhoon Lagoon and straight to Crush n Gusher.

Love the perk!
I imagine that yours is exactly the demographic they were think of with this perk. Nice to give guests a freebie to do until their room is ready at 3pm-ish.

I suspect the overly negative posters are posters who are annoyed Disney added a perk they won’t be using.

Late arriving flight...I stay an airport hotel. A lot of flights arrive before 11a.

I think water park passes should be given for maybe half your resort nights, to guests staying at a hotel where the theme pool is closed for renovation.

They already do offer this recovery if you ask.

The negative posters are the ones who realize how petty Disney is being with the perk. Just offer them one water park day, any day of your stay. It doesn't have to always be about "what's in it for Disney?" With every decision they make and this one adds to that narrative.

Agree with others:
A perk that most will not be able to use due to travel plans and travel issues. Arriving later in day or travel delays.
It cost Disney nothing.
Great PR for WDW
Both water parks being open at same time will not change.

it actual looks Like a front desk nightmare. Resort gst demanding ticket be good for another day because: Weather, travel delays, arriving later in day, gst not understanding offer.

Although, if you're planning on resort hopping, it might be nice to drop your stuff off at bell services after breakfast, check out, head over to a water park for half a day, and, when your room is ready at your next resort, take the bus there and get checked in.

The negative posters are the ones who realize how petty Disney is being with the perk. Just offer them one water park day, any day of your stay. It doesn't have to always be about "what's in it for Disney?" With every decision they make and this one adds to that narrative.

I'll disagree. Guests shouldn't have to ask. Posted policy. We're sorry our main pool is closed. Direct bus leaves at 9a. Towels are provided. Not every guests thinks to ask.

Offering guests a water park pass, so they have something to do while their room is getying ready is nice. Not great, not spectacular but nice. Many of those guests won't be using the water park the whole day. Maybe not enough to justify using a paid day.

Disney is embellishing the value of the benefit.

Some of the negative posters sound entitled and greedy. Disney offers something and they want more.

Really they could not just give you one water park day during your stay?
No lets make it on check-in day so less people can use it - brilliant - they can say free water park day with an * and details of it.

As a PP other than if you are staying at multiple resorts most people cant use this, for those that can great.
Of those that can use it will they or would they rather heard right to MK?
I'd be on my way to MK most likely.

Currently unless you are staying at a deluxe I see very little if any perks of staying on site - and the deluxe is only of value a couple of days a week and only during certain months.

I actually stayed at dockside at universal a few days when I was going to Disney and uber ended up being about the same as parking at Disney, but the hotel was way less money and very nice.

I had to be up at 7AM anyway to book rides so that was not really an issue.
Its 20 minutes each way. Total cost with tips 33.71.

Got the uber over and was at the parks for opening - got a uber back from Boardwalk after the fireworks.

Obviously I could find a closer hotel and still use Uber sand save money.
They need to do something to make it worthwhile - still waiting for some G+ changes as others mentioned.

Guess I am entitled and greedy - I want more for a ridiculously overpriced room and tickets.
It will be several years before I go back to Disney again (just went) - if ever - Ill be back at Universal in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter