Walt Disney World Detail (with Aerial Images) *Updated page 20, post #297*

This is a great thread, Joe. Thank you for thinking of all of us during your day! Where can I see your most recent trip's pics? In your photo blog?

Again, thanks!!

Subscribing.

Thanks, º0º Joe - this is wonderful!

This is a great thread, Joe. Thank you for thinking of all of us during your day! Where can I see your most recent trip's pics? In your photo blog?

Again, thanks!!

Thanks Disneyfanfour... I have my recent trip photos on my hard drive and I upload them to my photoblog as I post them on the Disney Picture of the Day thread... glad you like them!

LOL I thought this thread had died...

Since you got me a flower Cheryl I'll work on one... ;)

°O°Joe;22452256 said:

I will give you 2 :flower3: :flower3: PLEASE Post somemore.:yay:

°O°Joe;22452256 said:

Aww I knew the flower would do it! :lmao:

Thanks Joe! I really love reading these and seeing the pics all your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Yup, I've kept subscribed to this thread and been waiting patiently too! Keep 'em coming Joe. :thumbsup2

I was hoping you had just taken some time off for the holiday's. Can't wait for the next picture.
Tim

Just found this thread and am very excited to learn that you are going to do more satellite pictures! Just got a new computer as my old computer quit working and so for 5 months I haven't been able to see or do anything!!!! :scared1: Cannot wait to see more pics!!!!:woohoo:

I just found this thread and think it is AMAZING! I read the entire thing while at work!! (shhh!) I would love to see one about Splash Mountain, The Tower of Terror, Pirates of the Caribbean...etc! Thanks for all your hard work!

Wonderful thread. I just love looking at all these pictures. It is amazing how large the buildings are and how well they are hidden from our view.

Not sure if you are taking any requests, but I am looking for an overhead view of Italy in Epcot. We are getting married there this coming November and we are undecided as to have the ceremony in the front of Italy (overlooking the water) or in the back (courtyard area). An overview of these whole section would be very helpful.

We are having a desert party in the UK - lower area - and some of the photos on this thread give us a great view of the whole area.

Thanks,

Linda

Italy1000S1.jpg

[the North arrow points down in the above photo]

Italy1000E2.jpg

[the North arrow points to the left in the above photo]

Italy1000S3.jpg

[the North arrow points down in the above photo]

Italy1000N4.jpg

[the North arrow points up in the above photo]

Italy Pavilion

Official Description
Enter this dazzling pavilion through architecture reminiscent of Venice, including a stunning version of the Campanile (bell tower) of St. Mark's Square, bridges, gondolas and colorful barber poles. Discover fine leather goods at the handsome II Bel Cristallo. Eat well with sweets from Delizie Italiane and La Bottega Italiana or sumptuous full course meals from L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante.

The Pavilion
The Italy Pavilion is part of the World Showcase within the Epcot theme park.

The Italy Pavilion features a plaza surrounded by a collection of buildings evocative of Venetian and Roman architecture, including a functional re-creation of St Mark's Campanile (bell tower) of St. Mark's Square. A replica of the Doge's Palace from Venice also figures prominently. The Pavilion is also (former) home to the four-star "L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante," which was created by the direct descendants of Alfredo di Lellio, the inventor of Fettuccini Alfredo and features classical Roman decor. The piazza is decorated with statues, such as the Neptune Fountain and the Lion of St. Mark. There are also small shops selling Italian goods, such as candy and wines. The Neptune Fountain is supposed to be a much smaller representation of The Trevi Fountain in Rome. Also the store Il Bel Cristallo is supposed to look like the Sistine Chapel from the outside.

Touring Tips
-The Italy pavilion, along with four others - Japan, United Kingdom, Morocco and Germany - does not currently have an attraction.
-Sergio, the juggler, appears Monday - Friday in the courtyard. The World Showcase Players also entertain (and there is audience participation).
-The Pavilion includes kumquat trees, olive trees and grapevines as well as several "container gardens."
-Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival - The beautiful patio garden is not to be missed (the sculptures are actually part of an old Regis and Kathy Lee set!).
-Holidays from Around the World features storytellers in each country. In Italy, La Befana makes appearances throughout the afternoon. La Befana is the good witch who brings gifts to children on the Epiphany, January 6th.
-Each of the World Showcase countries has a special "KIDCOT" area that provides an opportunity for your child to interact with a native of the country you are visiting.
-Characters from Walt Disney's Pinocchio make daily appearances.

Dining
L'Originale Alfredo di Roma, rich in lorentine style closed August 31, 2007 when the contract with Epcot ended. Tutto Italia opened for lunch and dinner September 2007. It will close sometime in 2008 for a total renovation.

Shopping
-Delizie Italiane - Italian chocolates, candies.
-Il Bel Cristallo - Murano crystal, Capodimonte florals and figures, glassware, decorative items.
-La Cucina Italiana - Gourmet foods and cookware, pastries, wines.

Interesting Facts
-Opening date: Opened with EPCOT Center on October 1, 1982
-The 83-foot bell tower in the World Showcase's Italy pavilion is an authentic replica of the original Campanile in St. Mark's Square in Italy. The angel atop the bell tower was created used a model of the original and, also like the original, is covered with real gold leaf. Unlike the angel in Venice , however, the Epcot version is also topped with a lightning rod.
-The placement of Doge's Palace and the Campanile of St. Mark in the Italy pavilion are reversed from where they actually stand in St. Mark's Square in Venice . Both the Palace and Campanile are exact 1/4 scale replicas of the original buildings.
-The Piazza San Marco in Venice is dominated by the city's most important historical sights - the Doge's Palace and the Campanile.
-The real Campanile is, by far, the tallest building in the city of Venice . From the top of the bell tower, you can enjoy incredible views of Venice , the lagoon and the peaks of the Alps . Originally the Campanile was built as a lighthouse to assist navigation in the lagoon. It was from the top of the Campanile that Galileo demonstrated how his telescope worked to the Doge in 1609. However, on July 14, 1902, the foundation gave way and the Campanile collapsed. The structure was rebuilt on the original spot exactly as it was.
-The original Doge's Palace in Venice, Italy was constructed between 1309 and 1424, and was designed by Giovanni and Bartolomeo Buon. It was, at one time, the seat of government, the Palace of Justice and the home of the Doge of the Republic of Venice . The "Doge" was title of the leader of Venice . Doge's ruled from 697 A.D. until about 1789 A.D.
-Located in the central plaza of the Italy pavilion, known as the "Plaza del Teatro," you can find the "Fontana de Nettuno." This fountain contains the image of Neptune, the God of the Sea, and was inspired by Gian Lorenzo Bernini's Fountain of Trevi, located in Rome, Italy. The original famous fountain is often recognized as having been seen in Federico Fellini's classic film, "La Dolce Vita."
-One of the statues on top of the columns at the square's entrance shows Theodore and the Dragon. The other statue is of the Lion of St Mark, protector of the city of Venice.

This is just what we need to help us decide on where to hold the ceremony. I also love all the extra info. This thread is amazing and really makes me feel like we are there.

Linda

The Italy post is fascinating! Thanks!
Must have been taken before WS opened for the day ... not a soul moving except for a backstage golf cart. :)

Love reading about the WS countries!

Hope you find some more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter