Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin on front page of New York Times "Business" section

SwanDolphin,
Thanks for the link to the NY times front page! I am interested in all things S/D until I get my first look at the place in Dec.! So glad I am Plat. SPG for this first visit! I will HAVE to visit again after the redesign and expansion!

Muffy

I hope that they don't make the hotels too 'businessy' (Is that even a word? LOL) I stayed in the Dolphin twice for conferences I attended and I enjoyed the Room Decor. I thought it was kind of whimsical and fun, a refreshing change of pace from the sterile business hotels I have stayed in at other places.. I realize that all hotels have to be rennovated and upgraded, but I hope they don't take too much of the fun out of the architecture and decor.. With Michael Graves doing the redesign hopefully it will still be a 'fun' place to stay..

Just my .02 cents...

[
Originally posted by sgtdisney

Just my .02 cents...
AND YOUR .02 Cents is worth A MILLION! I agree 100+%...and LOVE the whimsical design of the old DOLPHIN. I surely hope they do not deviate TOO much away from this folly...and they leave SOME FUN in the rooms (otherwise...I'll have to do a temporary "renovation" of my own while staying there!:p )LOL.

Thanks for the link SD!;)

Thank you for the link! So nice to see you posting!

Jen

Just returned from staying at the Swan in one of the newly renovated rooms - WOW - awesome beds!

Swan1.JPG

Swan2.JPG

Swan3.JPG

Swan4.JPG

Swan5.JPG

Swan6.JPG

We spent one night in a "heavenly room" at the Westin in Providence, RI - it was wonderful! We are headed back to the Dolphin in December and know we will thoroughly enjoy our stay - but we look forward to future trips with "heavenly beds!";) :)

Does anyone have a link to the actual story? Its no longer on the front page.

I love the beds...but I strongly dislike the TV sitting atop the dresser, etc. The old cabinet-stlye amoire is much more suitable than the open dresser/desk combo. This appears to be more of a "downgrade" than "upgrade"...JMOHO. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter