Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Interesting. I'm glad they are offering some compensation but I'm surprised they aren't offering $ towards breakfast somewhere -- that would get me out of my room earlier.
Ha! I like that idea. I took it as we are here for the AP Star Wars previews and are already headed to DHS anyways

I’m staying at the dolphin in a week or so and was wondering what kind of toiletries are in the hotel. I’m hearing stories of no lotion in the Disney hotels and was wondering if I should be packing my own?

I’m staying at the dolphin in a week or so and was wondering what kind of toiletries are in the hotel. I’m hearing stories of no lotion in the Disney hotels and was wondering if I should be packing my own?
When I was there in April, there were just a few toiletries in our room when we arrived. However, when we called the desk to ask about something, the person asked if we needed anything else. In addition to what we asked for, housekeeping brought us a whole bag of different items, including lotion. There was also a list of complimentary items in a folder in our room.

I did not find the answer to this in most recent ten pages of posts so am hoping someone can help.

What breakfast do you receive at Swan as Titanium Elite? Also, any recent luck in getting upgrades while staying on points?
I am not that level, only lifetime gold. But I think you can get breakfast at Fresh or a 'cold' only at the Grove, with the option to upgrade for a few dollars to the complete buffet. I am sure others will add to this that know for sure.

The last time I was there it was “Le Grand Bain” brand shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. I did not like them though - the smell wasn’t to my liking and I didn’t think the quality of anything was very good. If you’re at all fussy I’d definitely pack your own. There are different toiletries at the Swan.

Question: How late can you check in to your room? We arrive Saturday morning and have a room booked at the Swan, but we are going to Uber straight to the parks and spend the day. I don't think we'll go over to the hotel to check in until after 8 p.m. Will that be a problem?

Question: How late can you check in to your room? We arrive Saturday morning and have a room booked at the Swan, but we are going to Uber straight to the parks and spend the day. I don't think we'll go over to the hotel to check in until after 8 p.m. Will that be a problem?
Def not a problem. And they’ll hold your bags for you at the hotel if you want, so you don’t have to carry them all over the parks.

If you're not going to go to the hotel at all and expect to arrive there after early evening, I would just give a courtesy call that you'll be arriving later. The room is still guaranteed regardless.

Are you bringing your luggage to the parks with you?

I was given the option of checking in online thru the Bonvoy app.

On another topic, the Swan’s QS should open next week. The gift shop now houses the Disney desk and Bell Services moved over to the former Disney desk location.

There are quite a few CMs posted in the lobby and around the first floor for assistance and oversight. With all of the changes, lately, it looks like ownership wants to upgrade the guest experience.

I was given the option of checking in online thru the Bonvoy app.

On another topic, the Swan’s QS should open next week. The gift shop now houses the Disney desk and Bell Services moved over to the former Disney desk location.

There are quite a few CMs posted in the lobby and around the first floor for assistance and oversight. With all of the changes, lately, it looks like ownership wants to upgrade the guest experience.
I downloaded the Bonvoy app and can retrieve my reservation, but I see no option to check in. Is that only offered closer to arrival day?

Three questions:

Looking to book a stay at the Swan or Dolphin.

1. Is there a preference why one would choose Swan over Dolphin and vice versa?

2. Is uber/lyft a better option compared to the service provided from S/D to and from airport? Cheaper?

3. Does garden grocer deliver to S/D?

1. If it's a child there is no additional room fee. For Adults there is, though I'm not sure what it is.

2. Call S/D directly, 407.934.4000 and ask for in-house reservations. They can provide the necessary code. I would do this AFTER adding the person to your room; in many cases people stated that it took a couple of days for the system to successfully add the additional person(s) to a room.

3. Swan charges a resort fee of 30 a night, plus tax. You pay that to the resort during check-in. It was not included with your express deal pricing.

Good luck.
Is it already included if I booked online thru the Swan with a AAA rate? It looks like there is an itemization that says “resort fee”. That should be it, right?

Three questions:

Looking to book a stay at the Swan or Dolphin.

2. Is uber/lyft a better option compared to the service provided from S/D to and from airport? Cheaper?

1. Swan has queen beds vs Dolphin full size beds. Swan also has an extra sink/vanity in the room. Dolphin has more restaurants within the building. They’re essentially the same hotel though. So not huge differences besides those mentioned.
2. The service they mention is a Mears shuttle. I’ve been on it when it’s stopped at other resorts so I prefer a more direct ride.
3. It does not but other services do, like Dizzy Dolphin and Amazon Prime Now.

I downloaded the Bonvoy app and can retrieve my reservation, but I see no option to check in. Is that only offered closer to arrival day?
Correct, I am pretty sure you can "check in" 48 hours before you arrive, does seem to vary a bit though. Via the app you can indicate when you arrive, so that does help them to have a room ready (potentially). The downside is it could limit possible upgrade options.
1. Swan has Queen Beds vs Doubles and 2 sinks (one in shower, one outside)
2. I used ride share on our last trip, found it cheaper and worked great.
3. You need to check with GG to verify, but my understanding is they do not, only to Disney resorts. We used PrimeNow.

Is it already included if I booked online thru the Swan with a AAA rate? It looks like there is an itemization that says “resort fee”. That should be it, right?

Yes, when booking through their (marriott.com) site the resort fee is one of the items listed when it shows the itemized fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter