Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Wow, cool to see all the birthday celebrations at the Swolphin! We will be there for over my DH's birthday, and I noted that on our room request. He's also the one who has the Titanium Elite status since he's a road warrior for work, so I'm wondering if they will be able to see it there. I'm just hoping it will help us get a room with a good view of the Boardwalk/Epcot. Anything in the room would thrill our DD. I wonder if they still do this after the SPG/Marriott merger ...

By the way, 42 days until our trip, but who's counting?!? ;)

Hi all! I started another thread about tipping for luggage transfer. Someone said that Bell Services wasn't transferring to the Dolphin anymore. I assume that would also include the Swan. Anyone have recent experience with luggage transfer during a split stay?

So I booked by calling the hotel directly but forgot to tell him I am a no boy member to get the rate. Also, in my email confirmation I have two reservation numbers. One for the one nights deposit and the other one for the duration of the stay and both don’t retrieve my reservation. And it also is not showing up in the Disney app. Should I call and ask them to adjust the rates and also why my reservation is not showing up.

Hi all! I started another thread about tipping for luggage transfer. Someone said that Bell Services wasn't transferring to the Dolphin anymore. I assume that would also include the Swan. Anyone have recent experience with luggage transfer during a split stay?
I just transferred bags from the Swan to a Disney resort with no issues. I would contact the Swan directly and inquire as to receiving bag transfers from a Disney resort.

https://swandolphinconcierge.com/

So I booked by calling the hotel directly but forgot to tell him I am a no boy member to get the rate. Also, in my email confirmation I have two reservation numbers. One for the one nights deposit and the other one for the duration of the stay and both don’t retrieve my reservation. And it also is not showing up in the Disney app. Should I call and ask them to adjust the rates and also why my reservation is not showing up.
If you called S/D direct yes I would call back to them to see about any changes. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "Im a no boy member" I am assuming you are a Bonvoy (points) member. Either the in-house reservations or the Bonvoy # can help you link your Bonvoy # and get you the member rates, if available.

The issue with your reservation number not linking with Disney takes a few days, they have setup a page that should help you. But you want to get one single number, that will take calling.
Tips to Linking your S/D account with MDE

A very well done, up-to-date review from The Points Guy of both the Swan and the Dolphin. Lots of good photos. I found the review to be very much right on target, no glaring, if any errors.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/swan-dolphin-walt-disney-world/
I think I will try and insert it somewhere in the OP of this thread.

After reading this through looks like dolphin has the restaurant that we would want to use for breakfast buffet. How long is the walk from swan to dolphin? With little kids I would have liked to not have to walk to dolphin for breakfast and then back to swan to get on the bus to go to the parks.

But swan has two queen beds which is far more important.

Btw any tricks in getting discounts on breakfast buffets etc there?

After reading this through looks like dolphin has the restaurant that we would want to use for breakfast buffet. How long is the walk from swan to dolphin? With little kids I would have liked to not have to walk to dolphin for breakfast and then back to swan to get on the bus to go to the parks.

Not the poster you quoted, but I’ll offer some info.

Door to door, the walk from Swan to Dolphin is less than 5 minutes. Also worth noting if it’s raining, there is a canvas roof structure that runs the entire distance of that walk.

For a bus to the parks, you wouldn’t necessarily need to walk all the way back to Swan after breakfast. The Dolphin also has a bus stop and you could catch a bus from there.

The non-signature restaurants at Swan and Dolphin offer a discount to AAA members.

The walk from door to door is about 3 minutes.

I believe there is a 20% AAA discount available there, when showing your AAA membership card.

Though the buses to parks are available from both the Swan and Dolphin, the first stop is at the Swan, where you have a better chance of finding a seat on the bus. During peak hours for going to the parks, the bus may be almost full, at the Dolphin stop, which could result in standing room, only.

Dolphin has king rooms with sofa sleepers, too, not just rooms w/ 2 dbls. Not sure if that makes a difference for you. With a king and a sofa sleeper, for our fam, if Dolphin is cheaper, and the one of the rooms in the area we'd want is available, Dolphin is the better choice. No knocks on Swan tho, we've stayed at (and really like) both.

I wouldn't worry about the walk between the two. It's only a few minutes, tops.

HOWEVER, if you are staying for over a few days, and hitting the parks each day, the steps CAN add up. We use the pool every day if possible, and for us, we figured out that we might as well stay in the best room closest to the pool. So for our room cfg, and proximity to the pool (and other amenities we'd like) Dolphin is our winner.

How long is the walk from swan to dolphin?
Door to door, the walk from Swan to Dolphin is less than 5 minutes.
I wouldn't worry about the walk between the two. It's only a few minutes, tops.
Google Maps shows the walk is 545 feet, a VERY short distance.
We use the pool every day if possible, and for us, we figured out that we might as well stay in the best room closest to the pool. So for our room cfg, and proximity to the pool (and other amenities we'd like) Dolphin is our winner.
Do keep in mind that if your room is further into the depths of the Dolphin, you can actually be a lot further from the pool area. The distance from midpoint Dolphin to Grotto area is 829 feet. Midpoint Swan to Grotto area is 618 feet. Both very short while on a Disney World vacation. :tiptoe:

I believe there is a 20% AAA discount available there, when showing your AAA membership card.

Though the buses to parks are available from both the Swan and Dolphin, the first stop is at the Swan, where you have a better chance of finding a seat on the bus. During peak hours for going to the parks, the bus may be almost full, at the Dolphin stop, which could result in standing room, only.
Is that the usual experience with the buses? When we were there in April, the buses at the Dolphin were fairly empty and most days we were the only ones getting on at our stop.

Is that the usual experience with the buses? When we were there in April, the buses at the Dolphin were fairly empty and most days we were the only ones getting on at our stop.
As I said, it's normally during peak hours for people heading out to the parks. For instance, in the early morning hours, heading to MK, the buses are normally SRO.

The exception would be when the Swan and Dolphin have very large conferences/conventions staying there, in which case, those guests would not be visiting the parks in the morning; the buses should have lighter loads, at those times.

After reading this through looks like dolphin has the restaurant that we would want to use for breakfast buffet.

We ate at Picabu everyday during our stay. We enjoyed our Omelettes very much and they did bacon right. As mentioned if you are a AAA member bring your card for a discount. Do be aware that Picabu automatically tacks on a service charge/gratuity of 13% which catches a lot of people of guard. We never found the walk to be a bit deal or had problems getting on the bus at Dolphin, though our trip was in January and at that time buses were shared between Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin. Keep in mind that you are only riding the bus to MK or AK, you can walk or take the boat to DHS or Epcot.

To us, larger beds are more important.

Google Maps shows the walk is 545 feet, a VERY short distance.
Do keep in mind that if your room is further into the depths of the Dolphin, you can actually be a lot further from the pool area. The distance from midpoint Dolphin to Grotto area is 829 feet. Midpoint Swan to Grotto area is 618 feet. Both very short while on a Disney World vacation. :tiptoe:

This is a very valid point. I'm not arguing the truth of the point. However, if you compared the room closest to the midpoint of the grotto pool itself, there would possibly be a decent edge to The Dolphin, and an easier walking path.

I'd say that if someone had the same priority in amenities as us:

2 beds, one would need to be a queen or larger, (we would never book a dbl room at Dolphin - end of story...(well, unless it was SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper - like...free.)
Pool proximity
Bus queue proximity
Picabu proximity
Gym Proximity
No elevator notifications (huge pet peeve - I'm a light sleeper after 5am. 10p-5am tho, you could saw my leg off, and i might not wake up.)
Fuel Proximity
Kimonos Proximity

A king room with a sofa sleeper next to the gym at Dolphin pretty much nails our first five criteria 138% better than any other room at either resort, and could be cheaper than a 2 queen at Swan. But after a few stays, we've figured out what's important to us. Everyone's priorities are different. I'm just trying to expand the thought that Dolphin's standard rooms are doubles. They also have kings with sleepers, too. We weren't charged more for a King with a sleeper - perhaps this could change someone's thoughts on which resort makes most sense. The bank of rooms at Dolphin next to the health club would be the only rooms we'd probably stay in going forward. We're probably not going back to WDW for a year or two, or else I'd probably not give up this info. The concierge who suggested this room was great. Just paying it forward.

This is a very valid point. I'm not arguing the truth of the point. However, if you compared the room closest to the midpoint of the grotto pool itself, there would possibly be a decent edge to The Dolphin, and an easier walking path.

I'd say that if someone had the same priority in amenities as us:

2 beds, one would need to be a queen or larger, (we would never book a dbl room at Dolphin - end of story...(well, unless it was SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper - like...free.)
Pool proximity
Bus queue proximity
Picabu proximity
Gym Proximity
No elevator notifications (huge pet peeve - I'm a light sleeper after 5am. 10p-5am tho, you could saw my leg off, and i might not wake up.)
Fuel Proximity
Kimonos Proximity

A king room with a sofa sleeper next to the gym at Dolphin pretty much nails our first five criteria 138% better than any other room at either resort, and could be cheaper than a 2 queen at Swan. But after a few stays, we've figured out what's important to us. Everyone's priorities are different. I'm just trying to expand the thought that Dolphin's standard rooms are doubles. They also have kings with sleepers, too. We weren't charged more for a King with a sleeper - perhaps this could change someone's thoughts on which resort makes most sense. The bank of rooms at Dolphin next to the health club would be the only rooms we'd probably stay in going forward. We're probably not going back to WDW for a year or two, or else I'd probably not give up this info. The concierge who suggested this room was great. Just paying it forward.
Is being close to the gym because it’s quieter?

This brings a good questions I have. Even if we stay at the swan, can we request a room and floor? If so should it be closer or further from the elevators?

Is picabu the restaurant of choice for morning breakfast or the medeteranian. Also in the omelette station will they make veg omelette with egg white only if requested.

Also, read in the article that the medeterian makes fresh Mickey waffles if requested, this would be awesome for the kids.

Saw a conference coming up there that I may be interested in attending. I’ll have to see if my boss will allow it. My conference is in November, and it hasn’t published dates yet. Just curious what others have paid for rooms at conference rates here. I know that they all vary, but I’m just Trying to gauge if I even have a shot at attending depending on cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter