Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Is this for everyone at noon instead of 11 ?
Can I stay til 4 ? Haha
Marriott or Westin credit card membership ?
Occasionally some resorts will extend but have to call front desk early morn day of departure for limited availability / approval .

I have a Marriott card and I love it.

At Swan Reserve we expected to be able to check out at 3 or 4pm and the latest they could do was 12pm.

We'll likely be Ambassador level next time we go, and I've heard of some minimal success of late checkout at Disney hotels with this level.

I have a Marriott card and I love it.

At Swan Reserve we expected to be able to check out at 3 or 4pm and the latest they could do was 12pm.

We'll likely be Ambassador level next time we go, and I've heard of some minimal success of late checkout at Disney hotels with this level.
As a titanium member, at most hotels 4pm late checkout is guaranteed. But at resorts such as at Disney, it's subject to availability. However, we've been successful there (Swan and SR) the couple of times we've requested it.

Don't rely on late checkout either if you're Elite. We weren't Ambassador yet (we usually just confirm we can check out at 3/4pm) and it was a surprise since every Marriott hotel we've ever stayed at has given us some form of late checkout.
Absolutely. Swolphin resorts are a different beast. I think it’s because they have high demand + see a disproportionately high amount of elite travelers so they can tell even Ambassadors where to take a hike to.

Most other booking sevices exclude getting your points or night credits. But if you want use the SD mobile app and shoot them to text to verify.
I messaged Marriott Bonvoy and have included their answer just in case it helps anyone else. Thanks for the suggestion.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpeg
    IMG_0082.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 27
I messaged Marriott Bonvoy and have included their answer just in case it helps anyone else. Thanks for the suggestion.
One exception to this is if you book through Amex Travel using their FHR program (if you have an Amex Platinum card). I’ve done it before and my trip in a few weeks is booked the same way - you definitely get points for stays booked this way.

Hey all! It's been about a year since I was last at the Dolphin - any updates on FUEL hours/menus? And does Phins have any food or is it all liquor?

My flight doesn't arrive at MCO until 10:30 PM so hoping to get a snack before heading to bed. THANKS!

PS - I DO have the Swan/Dolphin App but it hasn't been updated in ages as it still lists "Fresh Mediterranean Market" and no Rose Mexicana so I am doubting any of the info there as to hours/menus

Hey all! It's been about a year since I was last at the Dolphin - any updates on FUEL hours/menus? And does Phins have any food or is it all liquor?

My flight doesn't arrive at MCO until 10:30 PM so hoping to get a snack before heading to bed. THANKS!

PS - I DO have the Swan/Dolphin App but it hasn't been updated in ages as it still lists "Fresh Mediterranean Market" and no Rose Mexicana so I am doubting any of the info there as to hours/menus
You might see if your App is fully updated. My App shows Rosa’sIMG_0899.png

You might see if your App is fully updated. My App shows Rosa’sView attachment 756960

Are you on Apple or Android? I am on Android and looked for an update just this morning.

EDITED TO ADD: I emailed the Dining @SwanDolphin this morning and low and behold I HAVE an update now.

Oddly, Phins now says "to close" as a closing time which doesn't exactly give me much to go on...

Last edited:

You might see if your App is fully updated. My App shows Rosa’s
I checked my app. It also did not have Rosa,. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, Rosa is there now.

Phin’s seems beverages only.

That's what it looked like. Thanks! It looks like Picabu is open til midnight - it feels like SUCH a long hike down there after a long travel day so I may just settle for a night cap :rotfl2:

I checked my app. It also did not have Rosa,. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, Rosa is there now.

I am glad it wasn't just ME! Thanks for double checking for me!

Hi! Just booked my 3rd trip to the Swan in July and can't wait!

2 questions:
  • I couldn't do a combination of pay with points & cash online so I had to call Marriott directly. They had to give me 2 separate reservations w/ 2 different conf #'s. I already linked them in My Disney but my questions are will I have to switch rooms and will I be able to book dining reservations with the 10 day rule? Only my first night is on pts and the remaining 4 nights I paid with my amex. The person on the phone said I shouldnt have to switch rooms but has anyone done this before and what did you do to avoid switching rooms
  • We are doing a split stay and going to Miami the 1st leg of our trip. I see i can rent a car thru Alamo & National on collins ave, is there a drop off at the Dolphin still or do i need to drop off at the care care center by the MK?
Thanks for the help!!

We are doing a split stay and going to Miami the 1st leg of our trip. I see i can rent a car thru Alamo & National on collins ave, is there a drop off at the Dolphin still or do i need to drop off at the care care center by the MK?
I can answer this part of your question. The car rental at the Dolphin has not opened after the shut down, and for now at least, not expected to reopen.

2 questions:
  • I couldn't do a combination of pay with points & cash online so I had to call Marriott directly. They had to give me 2 separate reservations w/ 2 different conf #'s. I already linked them in My Disney but my questions are will I have to switch rooms and will I be able to book dining reservations with the 10 day rule? Only my first night is on pts and the remaining 4 nights I paid with my amex. The person on the phone said I shouldnt have to switch rooms but has anyone done this before and what did you do to avoid switching rooms
  • We are doing a split stay and going to Miami the 1st leg of our trip. I see i can rent a car thru Alamo & National on collins ave, is there a drop off at the Dolphin still or do i need to drop off at the care care center by the MK?
Thanks for the help!!

On the 1st part of the 1st one - I would call the Dolphin ahead of time and ask them to LINK the two room reservations in the computer and request that you stay in the same room (which means they don't have to turn it over for another guest). Then, when you check in remind them that the reservations are linked and ask again to stay in your room.

Sorry I can't help on the other parts.

2 questions:
Thanks for the help!!
Technically they can make you switch rooms. In reality if you tell them ahead of time and make sure to book the exact same room type they probably won’t make you switch but you will have to visit the front desk to check out/check in on switch day. Disney will see this as a 1 night res and a 4 night res, so your ADR window will sadly not be +5.

This has been answered but fwiw the car care center shuttle will drop you/pick you up anywhere on Disney property including the parks so it’s like a free rideshare (TTC for MK).

Thanks for all your replies! Much appreciated! I contacted the hotel via email and gave them my 2 conf #'s and this was their response!! I am bummed I will not be able to make my dining all at once but the other benefits of staying at the Swan definitely outweigh that!

@gottalovepluto I didn't realize their is a shuttle from the car care center!! Do I need to schedule that in advance? Thanks

Good Afternoon Ms. Simon,

I have linked your reservations together and put notes that you have back to back reservations with us to ensure that you will be in the same room during the full length of stay with us.

Please let us know if you have any further requests!

Reservations Team
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
1255 Epcot Resorts Boulevard | Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
P: 407.934.4360

Much appreciated! I contacted the hotel via email and gave them my 2 conf #'s and this was their response!! I am bummed I will not be able to make my dining all at once but the other benefits of staying at the Swan definitely outweigh that!
Same rule applies at Disney. The term Split / Stay is a customer created term. Their reservation systems only show individual reservations. So (2) 60 day dining windows in your situation.
@gottalovepluto I didn't realize their is a shuttle from the car care center!! Do I need to schedule that in advance? Thanks
Not to drop off a car. But if you are reserving a car to pickup at the Care Care Center you can schedule a pickup at your resort. (407) 824-3470. They are open 7 AM - 7 PM. The Care Care shuttle can also drop you directly at the Parks or even Disney Springs.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter