Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Just curious what your best convention rate was?

Dh just told me about a convention at the S/D that he could possibly go to in the fall but I doubt it since his new bosses and him don't see eye to eye. We could even go and pay ourselves if he really wanted to go there.

I was just looking at the conference website and they said the rates are $169. I dont know if that is for either hotel since it didnt say.

Oh and for those who were asking when I clicked on one dropdown for the conference it took me to a link that was for the secure swan and dolphin convention site, so I am guessing this is where you book the room. I didnt want to click on it yet.

Guess for our regular next trip I will look at something for later in May. I want to see what the ap rates are at the BC/YC and will probably do a split stay with more days at the Swan to save money.

Just curious what your best convention rate was?

Dh just told me about a convention at the S/D that he could possibly go to in the fall but I doubt it since his new bosses and him don't see eye to eye. We could even go and pay ourselves if he really wanted to go there.

I was just looking at the conference website and they said the rates are $169. I dont know if that is for either hotel since it didnt say.

Oh and for those who were asking when I clicked on one dropdown for the conference it took me to a link that was for the secure swan and dolphin convention site, so I am guessing this is where you book the room. I didnt want to click on it yet.

Guess for our regular next trip I will look at something for later in May. I want to see what the ap rates are at the BC/YC and will probably do a split stay with more days at the Swan to save money.

My husband is attending a conference at The Dolphin in June and I am tagging along. His conference rate was considerably higher--$243 p/n. This was booked through the conference and not directly with The Dolphin. I had to jump through some hoops to get a confirmation number that I could link to MDE and have my name added even though the reservation was booked with my name added. It all ended well and the conference staff were great about dealing with our needs. It was more a pain to have an intermediary rather than dealing directly with The Dolphin.

My husband is attending a conference at The Dolphin in June and I am tagging along. His conference rate was considerably higher--$243 p/n. This was booked through the conference and not directly with The Dolphin. I had to jump through some hoops to get a confirmation number that I could link to MDE and have my name added even though the reservation was booked with my name added. It all ended well and the conference staff were great about dealing with our needs. It was more a pain to have an intermediary rather than dealing directly with The Dolphin.

When are you going to be there, Tess? DH and I are heading down 5/29 - 6/6!

When are you going to be there, Tess? DH and I are heading down 5/29 - 6/6!

We arrive just after you leave--6/10-14/17. :( We are there in May (11-20) as well, oh and October (6-13) too with our kids and their spouses! :D

We arrive just after you leave--6/10-14/17. :( We are there in May (11-20) as well, oh and October (6-13) too with our kids and their spouses! :D

Well, darn!! Maybe our paths will cross in October. We'll be at WDW for our daughter's 10/19 wedding -- I just haven't figured out how many days (weeks?!!) early I need to arrive! ;)

Well, darn!! Maybe our paths will cross in October. We'll be at WDW for our daughter's 10/19 wedding -- I just haven't figured out how many days (weeks?!!) early I need to arrive! ;)

Here is hoping. Would love to see you and meet Diggity Dwight. :D

So I know you can't get grocery delivery to the Swan but what about pizza delivery? Thinking about ordering Flippers one night. Where would you meet the delivery person if so?

How far along are the dolphin room renovations? How are the old rooms if we end up in one?

Thanks for any info

Picabu question
We haven't been to Swan/Dolphin since 2013. I looked at the menu online and noticed the fixins bar for the tacos. Do the servers do the fixins or do you get to take them?

Picabu question
We haven't been to Swan/Dolphin since 2013. I looked at the menu online and noticed the fixins bar for the tacos. Do the servers do the fixins or do you get to take them?

Unless it has changed since last fall, the line is cafeteria style and you indicate what you would like on your burrito or tacos--it is prepared by the Picabu staffers.

Are there any cabanas available for rent in the grotto pool area? Since I can't find any information on the subject I assume they don't exist :)

Are there any cabanas available for rent in the grotto pool area? Since I can't find any information on the subject I assume they don't exist :)
If you just want a spot out of the sun, there is a very nice section of seating behind the grotto waterfall. Bathrooms, reclining chairs, water fountains, quick path to the slide and one of the hot tubs, I think. Very cool spot, imo. I'd imagine on super hot, sunny days, those spots fill quickly.

If you just want a spot out of the sun, there is a very nice section of seating behind the grotto waterfall. Bathrooms, reclining chairs, water fountains, quick path to the slide and one of the hot tubs, I think. Very cool spot, imo. I'd imagine on super hot, sunny days, those spots fill quickly.

Thanks. If there are no cabanas, the area behind the grotto is what we had in mind but we wondered about access to bathroom/slide/hot tub. Your info is exactly what I needed.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Dolphin raising to 12,000 points sometime soon since the renovation will be complete? We're looking at a stay in November but haven't solidified dates. I'm assuming if I make a reservation on points now at 10,000/night and then have to alter the dates this summer it might have to be rebooked at 12,000. Any thoughts or experience with this when the Swan changed points?

Hello!

I just got the Dolphin on Priceline 11/23 to 11/25 for $86 a night plus tax and resort fees. We needed a few nights somewhere before our Disney package starts. We have never stayed here but it looks lovely and I am super excited!

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Dolphin raising to 12,000 points sometime soon since the renovation will be complete? We're looking at a stay in November but haven't solidified dates. I'm assuming if I make a reservation on points now at 10,000/night and then have to alter the dates this summer it might have to be rebooked at 12,000. Any thoughts or experience with this when the Swan changed points?

I could be wrong but I think SPG generally only changes points rates on hotels once a year and they just did it (Dolphin was not one of the hotels affected this time). I booked the Swan before the point jump and then needed to change dates slightly. They would not honor the lower points cost but said that they had had a grace period where they did honor it (I had just waited too long). They did let me shorten the days on my reservation (ones that overlapped my new dates) and keep the lower price and then book a new one at the higher price for the other days - it was a pain though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter