Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks. I was hoping we could use lockers.

I have another question. What is the best place to get a quick snack and eat it by the pool? The last time we stayed at Dolphin, we just ate lunch at Picabu's and then went to the pool. When we asked the bar by the lap pool at Dolphin, they said we had to go inside to order food. Isn't there a quick service place to get lunch and eat it at the pool?

You can get anything from Picabu "to go" and eat it poolside. I'm not sure why, at Cabana, you were told to go inside to order. They serve food poolside and usually have menus placed around the pool area on the chairside tables. :confused3

Thanks. I was hoping we could use lockers.

I have another question. What is the best place to get a quick snack and eat it by the pool? The last time we stayed at Dolphin, we just ate lunch at Picabu's and then went to the pool. When we asked the bar by the lap pool at Dolphin, they said we had to go inside to order food. Isn't there a quick service place to get lunch and eat it at the pool?
http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/cabana/index.html

Last edited:
Their website says "Splash Terrace" should be just what you are looking for, except it is only open "seasonally."
I'd suggest getting something "to go" from Picabu or The Fountain. After 5pm, I'd be all about Kimonos for some takeout poolside sushi.

I remember that we wanted nachos and they told me at Cabanas that we'd have to go to Picabu's for that. Maybe they just have to stick to their limited menu. Where do you access Splash? I know where the outside bar is by the lap pool at Swan. Is the entrance right near there?

So we just realized that we can book the Swan or Dolphin under my sister in law's StarHot Rate through Starwood which drastically drives down our overarching vacation price allowing us to splurge in other areas. I know there are a lot of perks of traditional Disney Resorts that are applicable at Dolphin/Swan ... but is the DDP one of them? Or to take advantage of the dining plan do we have to stay at a traditional disney property?

No ddp at Swan or Dolphin. No DME, either.
Since you are looking at trying to save money in places, I hope you've figured out if the dining plan would actually be worth it for your group. It doesn't save money for everyone - even when it's free, since you might do better with taking a discount on the room rate.

There was a recent mention of an offer for a discounted quick service plan of some sort with S&D, but I think it was for those who booked through Disney only. (Sorry if that's vague, I didn't pay much attention to the offer.)

S&D also has an offer for Costco Executive members which is pretty nice.

No ddp at Swan or Dolphin. No DME, either.
Since you are looking at trying to save money in places, I hope you've figured out if the dining plan would actually be worth it for your group. It doesn't save money for everyone - even when it's free, since you might do better with taking a discount on the room rate.

There was a recent mention of an offer for a discounted quick service plan of some sort with S&D, but I think it was for those who booked through Disney only. (Sorry if that's vague, I didn't pay much attention to the offer.)

S&D also has an offer for Costco Executive members which is pretty nice.

Thanks for the clarification! The DDP definitely works in our favor; and we love the notion of having the food paid for ahead of time, too. We were also checking out the Costco rates and didn't realize there was an executive offer (we're exec members at the moment). I'll definitely check it out!! Thanks, Chris :)

Thanks for the clarification! The DDP definitely works in our favor; and we love the notion of having the food paid for ahead of time, too. We were also checking out the Costco rates and didn't realize there was an executive offer (we're exec members at the moment). I'll definitely check it out!! Thanks, Chris :)

We also like the aspect of having food paid for ahead of time. A couple times when we have had a good room only discount we bought Disney Gift Cards in the amount that it would have cost to purchase the Dining Plan. We used them for all our food, drinks (alcoholic and non) and tips. We ate what we wanted when we wanted. Well when we got home, onetime we still had $275 on a Gift Card and $300 the other. As you know, when on the Dining Plan adult beverages and tips are extra. So we came out way ahead $$ wise and everything was paid for ahead of time. Just an idea.

I may have been incorrect in saying it was for "executive" members. It might just be the regular S&D package on their travel site. Sorry - my bad.

Sorry if this has already been answered...are there luggage transfers from the Swan to a Disney resort? We are staying at the Swan for the first part of our trip, then moving over to Yacht Club. We'll have to move our car anyway, but it would be nice to not worry about packing the car, driving 2 seconds down the street, then unpacking the car.
Yes - you either can have bell services pick up your bags in your room, or you can drop them at the bell services desk in the lobby of the Swan. They will fill out a ticket with your name, resort you are moving to, number of pieces, etc.; the earlier you can turn them over, the better. I usually drop them on my way out, early in the morning, and the bags are received at the YC mid to late afternoon.

The bags will not automatically be delivered to your room at the YC. You'll need to stop at YC bell services and either pick up your bags or ask for them to be delivered to your room.

Needless to say, a tip is appropriate on both ends of the transaction. This is a great service and convenience.

What is the current parking fee? Does it count for parking at the parks or would we have to pay all over again?

Regular parking is $20 a night, valet is $30. Both plus tax.

No additional park fee, as you are staying on sire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter