Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

That AAA discount really does help. I'll give a plug to Pikabu, where my wife and I use that AAA discount religiously. It adds up over the entire stay of a visit. Any time you can get a discount at WDW - take it.

ITA! We love the taqueria at Picabu. The family chicken dinner is really nice too.

Fingers crossed
....annnnd...Nope. not working,nada,nothing.:sad: I'm starting to despair. the cm on the (long) phone call was very pleasant, but kept assuring me I had 'plenty of time' and not to worry' just b/c our 60 day mark is coming up in less than 2 weeks..... but having been dealt this hand before with Disney technology,I'm def. concerned. apparently they're prioritizing talking to sheraton to get the number correct,and input on MDE...she blithely told me to wait till we're at the 62 day mark to call back if it doesn't show up....ummmm what?!?! no. If it doesn't appear by next Tuesday I'll call back and escalate till they fix it. This is such a load of...well,I just can't say here. but one more reason to restate my feelings about all this wonderful new timesaving technology we now are forced to use. I'm not a fan.

....annnnd...Nope. not working,nada,nothing.:sad: I'm starting to despair. the cm on the (long) phone call was very pleasant, but kept assuring me I had 'plenty of time' and not to worry' just b/c our 60 day mark is coming up in less than 2 weeks..... but having been dealt this hand before with Disney technology,I'm def. concerned. apparently they're prioritizing talking to sheraton to get the number correct,and input on MDE...she blithely told me to wait till we're at the 62 day mark to call back if it doesn't show up....ummmm what?!?! no. If it doesn't appear by next Tuesday I'll call back and escalate till they fix it. This is such a load of...well,I just can't say here. but one more reason to restate my feelings about all this wonderful new timesaving technology we now are forced to use. I'm not a fan.
Have you tried the Disney Wholesale line? I know it wasn't really that type of res, but it can't hurt.

Is there a big difference between the walk back from Epcot to Dolphin vs the walk back from HS to Dolphin? We have only been thinking of ending the night in WS at Epcot, but now maybe we might end the night watching Fantasmic. What is the difference in the walk?

Is there a big difference between the walk back from Epcot to Dolphin vs the walk back from HS to Dolphin? We have only been thinking of ending the night in WS at Epcot, but now maybe we might end the night watching Fantasmic. What is the difference in the walk?

Epcot ~ 7-8 minutes
HS ~ 12-15 minutes

How awesome. Thank you! This combined with the maps is super helpful. From what I can tell, to walk from Dolphin to HS, we head towards Boardwalk and then there will be a noticeable path towards HS?
Yes, the HS walkway runs immediately next to the canal that goes to HS. Cross over the bridge and make a right turn.

I have a FP question. We have MBs associated with my MDE account. The last time we stayed at Dolphin (2016) I had to call and have the kids and I added to the names on the reservation before I linked the MBs in MDE. This time I was able to link DD10, DD13, and myself to placeholders that did not list the guest names. It let me proceed with linking us all without making that phone call. So now it shows our 4 MDE icons associated with that reservation. Will my FP selection day go smoothly if I've made it this far? Or do I still need to call the hotel?
Same for us, I was worried at day 60 for our recent Nov trip since a year prior it was chaos getting linked with MDE. Seems they’ve fixed that issue, so rest easier knowing I’ve been in your scenario and had no issues a few months ago.

How awesome. Thank you! This combined with the maps is super helpful. From what I can tell, to walk from Dolphin to HS, we head towards Boardwalk and then there will be a noticeable path towards HS?
The first time we used it, many years ago, I felt like I wasn’t sure if we were on the right path or not, I felt like it was just part of the Boardwalk resort, there were no signs to HS. I’m still not sure if it’s marked now (anyone?) but with google maps/earth and great aerial maps (see Robo’s maps), it’s so much easier to know your on the right path. Follow along the waterway on your right the whole time on the way to HS. It was a little tricky this past trip when our first walk was in reverse, from HS to Dolphin, with construction at the HS parking lot the beginning area of the trail looked a lot different. Is that construction still in progress?

The first time we used it, many years ago, I felt like I wasn’t sure if we were on the right path or not, I felt like it was just part of the Boardwalk resort, there were no signs to HS. I’m still not sure if it’s marked now (anyone?) but with google maps/earth and great aerial maps (see Robo’s maps), it’s so much easier to know your on the right path. Follow along the waterway on your right the whole time on the way to HS. It was a little tricky this past trip when our first walk was in reverse, from HS to Dolphin, with construction at the HS parking lot the beginning area of the trail looked a lot different. Is that construction still in progress?
Thanks for this input. Hubby and are taking our trip in April and I actually want to practice the walk!

I’m at WDW now and the entrance to the path (from Studios to Boardwalk) is a bit tricky to find! They put up more scrim since I was here in December! Myself and some other walkers missed it totally! A CM assisted us and said an easy way to remember is when you get to the bus stop marked “Disney Vacation Club” look to your left - that’s the path entrance!

Of course this will likely change again before long as the construction progresses!

The path is clearly marked twice...by very small arrows pointing in the general direction, saying Hollywood Studios. This is true but I am being a little sarcastic as they could be easily missed. As long as you are on the boardwalk side of the water taxi canal passing the by the swan, you are on the right path to HS. As long as you are on the path hugging the water taxi canal leaving HS (the path is only on one side, the water taxi pickup is on the opposite bank) you are on the right path taking you back to the resorts. The construction was still in progress a several weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter