Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I thought that I read that grocery delivery services will not deliver to Dolphin.
I think it is a function of whether the delivering company will deliver to the guest in the lobby. Some will, some won't. If they will only drop off to bell staff, and since the S/D bell staff won't accept deliveries (understandable), I would say that that particular grocery service won't do S/D. If they will drop to the guest directly, then fine.

I think that is the overall situation on grocery deliveries.

I think it is a function of whether the delivering company will deliver to the guest in the lobby. Some will, some won't. If they will only drop off to bell staff, and since the S/D bell staff won't accept deliveries (understandable), I would say that that particular grocery service won't do S/D. If they will drop to the guest directly, then fine.

I think that is the overall situation on grocery deliveries.
I'm planning on Amazon Prime now as I had read here before that they will deliver directly to me in lobby...still correct? I'm looking forward to trying this!

Are you able to use the fitness center to shower if we want to swim on our check out day?

I'm planning on Amazon Prime now as I had read here before that they will deliver directly to me in lobby...still correct? I'm looking forward to trying this!
Yes. We used Amazon Prime Now last August. Worked great.

You pick a 2 hour window (I think you can pick a 1 hour for additional charge) and you get updated when the driver is close to the resort. Head to the lobby, driver gives you your bags (chilled items are in separate bag/s with cold packs) and that's it.

Sorry, but just to be clear, if I have a "Deluxe Alcove", then I can call the Dolphin to set up a way to purchase the 90 fastpass? And It's $50 p/day p/person, with a minimum 3 day ticket which gives you 3 additional fastpasses and the option to book at more than one park if you have a hopper? Also, can you book 2 from Tier 1?

TIA

It was only a one bedroom Grand Suite. Thank you for the links! :)

Then it's a no-brainer. Grab the premium studio and the extra bedroom. The Grand Suite does not have any bedding (except a sleeper sofa) in the parlor area.

I know people have their preferences of resorts...but trying to plan a "last trip" for next January before our APs expire on the 26th. Just 2 adults looking for relaxation but also going to the parks. We'll likely eat at some of the S/D restaurants and use the pool but not looking for other amenities like the arcade. Any strong reason to pick Swan over Dolphin or vice-versa?

ETA: Walking to Epcot is preferred if that makes a difference in hotel choice.

I know people have their preferences of resorts...but trying to plan a "last trip" for next January before our APs expire on the 26th. Just 2 adults looking for relaxation but also going to the parks. We'll likely eat at some of the S/D restaurants and use the pool but not looking for other amenities like the arcade. Any strong reason to pick Swan over Dolphin or vice-versa?

The Dolphin still has double beds in the two bed configuration, so we prefer the Swan if we cannot book a King room at the Dolphin. We also really like Il Mulino and the smaller size of the Swan, not to mention the Westin white tea toiletries. That said, I usually just book whichever one I can get a deal on. You can't go wrong!

I prefer the Swan. I think the walk from the Swan to the BoardWalk is easier than the walk from the Dolphin to the Yacht Club.

Dolphin has more restaurant selection, from cafeteria to fancy. Dolphin has a bigger lobby if you want to hang out somewhere outside your room. Dolphin has more shops.

PP mentioned that Swan has bigger beds.

If you stay at either resort, you can use all of the pools, so I don't think that would be a factor.

I apologize if this has been answered here- I looked at a lot of pages and couldn't find the answer. Are they doing "room checks" at the Swan and Dolphin? I changed my May reservation to the Swan because I thought we could have a restful time here!

I apologize if this has been answered here- I looked at a lot of pages and couldn't find the answer. Are they doing "room checks" at the Swan and Dolphin? I changed my May reservation to the Swan because I thought we could have a restful time here!
No, that's only at Disney-owned resorts, and Swan and Dolphin are not owned by Disney.

One of the many reasons I'm looking into the Swan for my next couple trips there.

I prefer the Swan. Beds, if two, are queen vs. double. Two vanity sinks in bathroom area, one in the bathroom, one just outside. Swan is smaller, more compact.

When I do stay at the Swan, I probably visit the Dolphin daily, mostly for dining...either Picabu, Fresh or Fountain.

The Swan is a bit closer if walking to Epcot of The Studios, not appreciably though. Both are essentially the same distance (depending on room location in the Dolphin) to the pools. If on the west end of the Dolphin, a bit closer, if on the east end, quite a bit further.

And I know most of the bell staff at the Swan, and they know me, all great guys. :laughing: :cool1:

Sorry, but just to be clear, if I have a "Deluxe Alcove", then I can call the Dolphin to set up a way to purchase the 90 fastpass? And It's $50 p/day p/person, with a minimum 3 day ticket which gives you 3 additional fastpasses and the option to book at more than one park if you have a hopper? Also, can you book 2 from Tier 1?

TIA
Anyone? :)

I hope you reported this rude lady to her manager. An employee that gets angry when asked a question? Unacceptable.

She should not have that job. Mad at guests and telling you to go to deliver messages for her? She seems unstable.

As someone who works in customer service, I think you should cut her some slack. If the Dolphin keeps sending people to her incorrectly, she probably has had this issue many times, and people have probably screamed at HER for the problem. Sure, it wasn't the best way to handle it, but she's human too. People in customer service take a beating all the time, and one lapse in being pleasant doesn't make them 'unstable'.

As someone who works in customer service, I think you should cut her some slack. If the Dolphin keeps sending people to her incorrectly, she probably has had this issue many times, and people have probably screamed at HER for the problem. Sure, it wasn't the best way to handle it, but she's human too. People in customer service take a beating all the time, and one lapse in being pleasant doesn't make them 'unstable'.

I worked customer service for many years. There is no excuse for giving your guests an "earful" or being visibly angry at a guest for asking a simple question. You may get that question a thousand times a week. You smile and answer that question. If you can't do that, get out of customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter