• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We just returned from a fabulous stay at the Swan 5/23-5/27. We loved everything about the hotel!! We paid 1/2 of what a deluxe Disney resort would cost, we accrued Marriott points- and we were under the double points promotion still!! The staff was stellar!! so friendly and accommodating!!

View attachment 405961

Here's a few pics from our room: 2Q balcony room:

View attachment 405962

View attachment 405963

View attachment 405964

View attachment 405965
Beautiful!!!
A few pages back somebody posted about the pool area being closed and management less then understanding and compensating for the lost day. The problem is if you plan a pool day and they don't tell you well in advance that can day can be blown.

IMHO S/D needs to provide a decent level of compensation to anyone displaced because of their choice to rent a facility that was paid for. As guests are required to pay their Resort fee which pool access is part of the package. Since the Resort Fee is required this is a form of a contract for use of the amenities. If they choose to deny me the right to use those facilities I should be compensated. But just returning my Resort fee isn't enough since you can't just easily swap your pool day with a park day due to FastPass & ADR arrangements.

I love S/D, but I equally loath resort fees, and this is one of the reasons to hate them. They really need to do a better job of advaned warning and reasonable accommodations.
Well said, Steve.
When using prime now, what address does everyone put to deliver to the swan resort, 1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830? Then just add a note on the order to meet in the Swan lobby?
Yes. That's what we have done.

When using prime now, what address does everyone put to deliver to the swan resort, 1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830? Then just add a note on the order to meet in the Swan lobby?
That is what I did, though you want to meet them outside not inside the lobby itself. Our driver still went to the Dolphin. Took me talking with an English speaking supervisor to tell the driver that I was at the Swan not the Dolphin. She could not read or speak English. Yet she was a driver. 😵

We've experienced pool closures, too. I think it's more annoying now that FPs are booked 60 days out. With the old system, you could easily switch around your pool day. Not so much anymore since it might mean giving up hard-to-get FPs.

Maybe the new hotel across the street from the S/D will give them somewhere else to offer to conventions or at least give us a better pool alternative when the Dolphin pool is closed.

Has anyone stayed at the S/D for a RunDisney race? I'm considering signing up for the Princess Half today and I'd want to use points for a S/D room that week.

That is what I did, though you want to meet them outside not inside the lobby itself. Our driver still went to the Dolphin. Took me talking with an English speaking supervisor to tell the driver that I was at the Swan not the Dolphin. She could not read or speak English. Yet she was a driver. 😵

We had the same experience on an order placed before 6 pm on Saturday at BWV. Even the English speaking supervisor couldn’t communicate with the driver. Driver eventually delivered our order to bell services rather than meet us more than 2 hours after the end of the 8-10 pm delivery window. I scheduled delivery on our arrival day on a Saturday evening during food and wine. Driver was clearly overwhelmed. The supervisor said they had to recently add a lot of drivers and there were training issues. Never ordering on a weekend afternoon or weekend again.

When we were last at the dolphin they closed part of the grotto pool and the cabana bar due to a meeting. At least the swan pool was open. We were more bummed about the cabana being closed as we love their food and beverages when at the pool.

Just for reference we have experienced resort featues being unavailable to business functions at CRS, CR, YC/BC, Boardwalk as well as YC/BC.

Large business groups have also impacted space within the theme parks, AK, HS, Epoct and MK.

Dave

When we were last at the dolphin they closed part of the grotto pool and the cabana bar due to a meeting. At least the swan pool was open. We were more bummed about the cabana being closed as we love their food and beverages when at the pool.
I agree that Cabannas being closed along with the lap pool in front of it is more of a bummer than anything for us. Of course we are adults traveling so the slide/waterfall/other pool features don't matter as much to us.

Since we're on a pool kick... Is the Swan Dolphin the same with their pool policy, as the rest of Disney, that even if you check out at 11 you have the run of the pool for the rest of the day (assuming it's open...)?

Since we're on a pool kick... Is the Swan Dolphin the same with their pool policy, as the rest of Disney, that even if you check out at 11 you have the run of the pool for the rest of the day (assuming it's open...)?

Yes! And not only that, they have a very nice locker room in the Dolphin fitness center that you can use to shower and/or change before you leave. They have digital combination locks on the lockers in there as well, if you want to leave anything that you don't want to check with the bellboys.

Yes! And not only that, they have a very nice locker room in the Dolphin fitness center that you can use to shower and/or change before you leave. They have digital combination locks on the lockers in there as well, if you want to leave anything that you don't want to check with the bellboys.

Nice... that makes everything so much easier, thank you!

Has anyone stayed at the S/D for a RunDisney race? I'm considering signing up for the Princess Half today and I'd want to use points for a S/D room that week.
We stayed at the Dolphin for the Princess Half this year. First time there (we’ve been at POFQ in the past). We loved the hotel and the area. As for the race, the line for the buses was very long and didn’t move very fast; a bunch of buses came at the last minute. I don’t know if there was some issue or if that is normal. We got there a little later than we have should have, as it turned out. I was in an early corral and had to run the last bit to get into my corral before the race started. So, if you are in one of the first 4 corrals, you should get to the bus pick up area right away. If you’re in a later corral, you shouldn’t have a problem. But I suppose that’s probably the case for any Disney hotel. That being said, I’d recommend the S/D for a race — or really for any stay.

Posted photos a couple of pages back of our premium studio at the Dolphin. We stayed for 7 nights in the studio with attached king bedroom and also added a connecting room with two doubles. We used AAA and received a rate of 405 and paid an additional 30 for one resort fee(if you reserve connecting they will usually only charge the one resort fee in our experience) We have stayed in this set up quite frequently and also have added another two double room depending on how many of our kids go. For reference we are Marriott Titanium. With the double points promo and elite bonuses we received 100,000 points for this stay. We received vouchers for breakfast for 2 guests at Fresh for elite benefits, Some mornings we paid the $8 to upgrade to the full breakfast. There are no bananas out but the wait staff will get you some if you ask, they will also prepare toast and deliver it tableside with several flavors of house made jam.

I will agree that it seems like stays are not problem free but the value for what we received was far greater than a disney deluxe suite. Problems: NO WIFI, there was a huge HP/Microsoft convention and during it we had no WIFI. The Wifi mysteriously resumed when the convention ended. They did comp us the resort fee for our entire stay for the problem and some Marriott points.

Very good and prompt housekeeping. We texted on the Marriott app when we left the room and it was always cleaned when we returned. Also, if we needed anything a quick text in the app brought very speedy results. This included asking for body wash prior to our arrival as they don't seem to provide it as a standard toiletry anymore. We had a rental and used valet and this was the first visit with excellent valet service. We called and the car was always there within 10 minutes. We used the fitness center daily and it is the nicest on Disney property and never seemed crowded when we went. However, we did not go early in the morning.

We dined at BlueZoo, Shula's and Il Mulino. I have loved BlueZoo for years but this was the second visit that missed the mark for us recently. Shula's was excellent and Il Mulino lovely as well. We also used Picabu late night after all 3 after hours parties and honestly the food though basic was hot and fresh and we were grateful it was open after dealing with Disney deluxe resorts having no late night food.

Other than the Wifi the convention did not affect us although they did take over the entire area between the Swan and Dolphin outside for a reception/dinner making it a slight maze to get to the boats. Bus transportation was also either very good or we were consistently lucky another plus considering all of our recent Grand Floridian stays have featured abysmal bus service. We did use Minnie Van to go to MK early one morning as we were in a hurry and I had a Lyft promotion and now earn Hilton Honors points for Lyft.

Due to the convention and a few weddings the resort was sold out during our stay but did not seem exceptionally busy(the benefit of conventions). Elevators were plentiful and restaurants had last minute availability.

Disney has made it easy for us to move over to the Dolphin more frequently. A 2 bedroom suite is 70 percent less, we have access to late night food, transportation is equal if not better. Service is equal if not better and we get points. While S/D is not problem free we have found management in the last few years more responsive and empowered to deal with the problems.

Last edited:
Posted photos a couple of pages back of our premium studio at the Dolphin. We stayed for 7 nights in the studio with attached king bedroom and also added a connecting room with two doubles. We used AAA and received a rate of 405 and paid an additional 30 for one resort fee(if you reserve connecting they will usually only charge the one resort fee in our experience) We have stayed in this set up quite frequently and also have added another two double room depending on how many of our kids go. For reference we are Marriott Titanium. With the double points promo and elite bonuses we received 100,000 points for this stay. We received vouchers for breakfast for 2 guests at Fresh for elite benefits, Some mornings we paid the $8 to upgrade to the full breakfast. There are no bananas out but the wait staff will get you some if you ask, they will also prepare toast and deliver it tableside with several flavors of house made jam.

I will agree that it seems like stays are not problem free but the value for what we received was far greater than a disney deluxe suite. Problems: NO WIFI, there was a huge HP/Microsoft convention and during it we had no WIFI. The Wifi mysteriously resumed when the convention ended. They did comp us the resort fee for our entire stay for the problem and some Marriott points.

Very good and prompt housekeeping. We texted on the Marriott app when we left the room and it was always cleaned when we returned. Also, if we needed anything a quick text in the app brought very speedy results. This included asking for body wash prior to our arrival as they don't seem to provide it as a standard toiletry anymore. We had a rental and used valet and this was the first visit with excellent valet service. We called and the car was always there within 10 minutes. We used the fitness center daily and it is the nicest on Disney property and never seemed crowded when we went. However, we did not go early in the morning.

We dined at BlueZoo, Shula's and Il Mulino. I have loved BlueZoo for years but this was the second visit that missed the mark for us recently. Shula's was excellent and Il Mulino lovely as well. We also used Picabu late night after all 3 after hours parties and honestly the food though basic was hot and fresh and we were grateful it was open after dealing with Disney deluxe resorts having no late night food.

Other than the Wifi the convention did not affect us although they did take over the entire area between the Swan and Dolphin outside for a reception/dinner making it a slight maze to get to the boats. Bus transportation was also either very good or we were consistently lucky another plus considering all of our recent Grand Floridian stays have featured abysmal bus service. We did use Minnie Van to go to MK early one morning as we were in a hurry and I had a Lyft promotion and now earn Hilton Honors points for Lyft.

Due to the convention and a few weddings the resort was sold out during our stay but did not seem exceptionally busy(the benefit of conventions). Elevators were plentiful and restaurants had last minute availability.

Disney has made it easy for us to move over to the Dolphin more frequently. A 2 bedroom suite is 70 percent less, we have access to late night food, transportation is equal if not better. Service is equal if not better and we get points. While S/D is not problem free we have found management in the last few years more responsive and empowered to deal with the problems.

This is one of the most comprehensive and helpful reviews I have ever read on the Disboards. We too love the Dolphin. We do stay at the boardwalk DVC villas since we bought a contract there 12 years ago. We used to add days at a deluxe to lengthen our stays on points but gave that up due to the dramatic increase in room costs at deluxes. Much rather stay at the Dolphin on points and cash. We are gold not titanium but have received good upgrades and mostly book the fireworks views with a AAA rate but your rate of $405 is fantastic for a studio plus a king plus a 2 bed room.

I need to figure out how to use the Marriott ap to request servicing of the room and to request additional supplies or linens. Thanks for sharing all of this info.

I have to agree that bus service especially to MK and AK from Epcot resorts can be painful. We utilize the friendship boats at BWV and the Dolphin or walk to Epcot and HS. Our next stay is a split at a poly studio and a dolphin fireworks view room. We will visit MK while at poly, then Epcot and HS while at the Dolphin. Visits to AK will likely be via uber.

Last edited:
I just asked the driver to call when close so I could meet them in the parking lot. It all worked out fine...my guess is they are getting used to doing that for swolphin guests!

I was just thinking about booking directly with Marriott and they quoted one price. Then they mentioned in the fine print under “additional fees” that if you parked that it would be $25/day, which I knew.
But there was no mention of the resort fee...
Under “hotel messages” this is the wording used for the daily resort fee:
“Daily resort fee of USD 30 plus tax added to the room rate includes high-speed internet in guest room and more.”

This wording and the fact that it isn’t listed under “additional charges” makes it seem like the resort fee is already included in the room price. Is this the case? Or are they just being (purposefully?) misleading?

I have always had to pay the daily resort fee. It does seem steep for what you get, access to the fitness center, daily Dasani waters, etc.

There was a $20 daily resort fee at the NYC hotel in South Seaport we stayed at during Memorial Day weekend. You did receive a very good peach Bellini at check in, nightly turndown service where they also serviced the room, along with thick comfy robes and slippers, and a house car that would ferry you in any direction within 30 blocks (we used this 5 or 6 times). There also was complimentary coffee and tea service in the lounge until 10 am. The lounge was lovely with fresh orchids and orchid petals on every table. That resort fee was worth every penny. We started going to NYC regularly in 2012 when one of our daughters moved there. More and more of the hotels we like best have added the fee, but they generally have amenities that warrant it.

Great review! I too have used the app to request additional toiletries such as body wash (I agree no idea why they don't just include this as a standard) and they were in a baggie in my room when I returned later that day! Other than a convention group taking the pool over and the one time our room keys didn't work 4x (disclaimer: they were the old swipe keys) which actually required maintenance to replace the door handle itself (which we were highly compensated for in then SPG points) I have always had a tremendous stay at the Swalphin. I too like to dine at the many fine options throughout both properties and find it to be a really nice perk to be that close to some really fine dining. I have never really had an issue with the buses and for a PP who asked about race transpiration...we stayed at the Dolphin this year for the Disney 5k and we had no issue with the transportation.

I am going down in two weeks with some friends who have DVC and decided to add on a few days afterwards to treat myself at the Dolphin. AKA: that pool better be open :)

I stayed at the Dolphin for the Star Wars half this year. It was fantastic! The bus to the expo was there when we needed it. I think we got on the bus for the race around 3:20am. It left around 3:30 when the bus was full. Being able to sit in the hot tub and relax my tired legs the day after the race was great.

I was just thinking about booking directly with Marriott and they quoted one price. Then they mentioned in the fine print under “additional fees” that if you parked that it would be $25/day, which I knew.
But there was no mention of the resort fee...
Under “hotel messages” this is the wording used for the daily resort fee:
“Daily resort fee of USD 30 plus tax added to the room rate includes high-speed internet in guest room and more.”

This wording and the fact that it isn’t listed under “additional charges” makes it seem like the resort fee is already included in the room price. Is this the case? Or are they just being (purposefully?) misleading?
I have always had to pay the daily resort fee. It does seem steep for what you get, access to the fitness center, daily Dasani waters, etc.

There was a $20 daily resort fee at the NYC hotel in South Seaport we stayed at during Memorial Day weekend. You did receive a very good peach Bellini at check in, nightly turndown service where they also serviced the room, along with thick comfy robes and slippers, and a house car that would ferry you in any direction within 30 blocks (we used this 5 or 6 times). There also was complimentary coffee and tea service in the lounge until 10 am. The lounge was lovely with fresh orchids and orchid petals on every table. That resort fee was worth every penny. We started going to NYC regularly in 2012 when one of our daughters moved there. More and more of the hotels we like best have added the fee, but they generally have amenities that warrant it.
I just meant is the daily rate Marriott is giving me the daily rate including the resort fee bc it seems like that from the wording. Or would I be expected to pay the resort fee when I get there?
If it’s included then I’m getting a good deal and will change from my Disney resort, but if it’s an extra charge then I’ll keep my Disney resort...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter