Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@tazzgonzo Yes! The Alcove room is a corner room (may or may not have a balcony) the bed area is off set somewhat from the sofa bed/TV area with no separation. The Premium room has more of a separation - partial wall from bed and lounge area. Stayed in the Alcove last time and booked a premium this time. I like the layout of the premium room better.

Are the Dolphin towers identified? i.e. Towers 1, 2, 3, 4, or South Tower, North Tower, etc.? I'd like to make a room request and want to identify which tower we would like.

Are the Dolphin towers identified? i.e. Towers 1, 2, 3, 4, or South Tower, North Tower, etc.? I'd like to make a room request and want to identify which tower we would like.
All I know are west, closer to pool area, center, and east, closer to BW.

@tazzgonzo Yes! The Alcove room is a corner room (may or may not have a balcony) the bed area is off set somewhat from the sofa bed/TV area with no separation. The Premium room has more of a separation - partial wall from bed and lounge area. Stayed in the Alcove last time and booked a premium this time. I like the layout of the premium room better.

Thanks! Ultimately went with a slightly cheaper alcove room without the balcony since we’re going to be at the parks or restaurants most days and nights anyway.

I wonder if Java will be in addition to the current Java by the back door, or a replacement for it.

DFB says opening late summer.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...ed-for-disney-worlds-swan-and-dolphin-resort/
Might also be a reason that the Swan gift store is not yet open?
Perhaps they are waiting to re-do the coffee stand, until the new grab and go is open for business. That way, the Swan will not be left without a source for coffee, bakery, etc. for the morning and afternoon crowds. There are a lot of conventioneers who pass by the coffee stand on their way to and from meetings, conferences, etc.; many of those are Swan guests, who would not be pleased to have to head over to the Dolphin just for coffee/etc..

Of course, the same probably applies to the Swan's leisure guests, who need their daily coffee fix, as well.

Quick Swan thoughts from one night stay last night before switching to the Yacht Club today. Having stayed many times in the past, current theme is very disjointed and much less whimsical. Carpets are dirty, furniture was damaged in room, paint was peeling... Not at all like we remember.

Staying at the Swan for the first time this October and very excited! Two questions - I understand there’s a ticket desk in the lobby of the Swan (or dolphin, not sure). Can APs be activated there?
Also, I know the swan gift shop is currently under construction. Is there any swan/dolphin logo merch for sale in the dolphin gift shop? Thank you!
The only swan and dolphin merch I remember are postcards and getting a refillable mug at Picabus.

We will be staying at the Dolphin in December and I was wondering if there is a small store there to buy a case of bottled water?

The remodeled gift shop at the Swan will be half of what it was, to make room for Java, the new grab and go. Java, scheduled to open this summer, will offer wine, beer, coffee, teas, juices, prepared sandwiches, salads, breakfast items, pastries, desserts, etc; the current coffee counter in the Swan’s lobby will change its offerings to frozen drinks, when it opens in the fall.

Last edited:
Quick Swan thoughts from one night stay last night before switching to the Yacht Club today. Having stayed many times in the past, current theme is very disjointed and much less whimsical. Carpets are dirty, furniture was damaged in room, paint was peeling... Not at all like we remember.
Thanks for the feedback, maui. What did guest services say about those items? Especially the carpet, furniture and paint?

Thanks for the feedback, maui. What did guest services say about those items? Especially the carpet, furniture and paint?
We did not bother with guest services since it was only a one night stay. It did dampen any enthusiasm for a repeat trip there which was disappointing. We have great memories of the resort too from past years.

We are staying at Swan for the first time (first ever offsite stay) from 8/11-8/15. I'm more than a little nervous how this will go and if my family will still allow me to do the Disney planning after this trip lol! We've forever done split-stays but again, always onsite. We are doing POR to Swan this trip. The price, with a good chunk of airline miles, was just ever so very right :)

I'm wondering what doing laundry looks like. We are in WDW for 10 nights. For a fam of 6, in Aug, for 10 nights, I am thinking we will need to do a load or two. I don't want to. Believe me!! But I think I'm gonna have to. I read the laundry facilities are on the first floor of Dolphin. We're in Swan. How big of a hassle is this??

Also, we are Gold Elite with 'Bonvoy' reward program. I think I booked very standard rooms. Is it possible we could upgraded to a balcony room, or since we need two rooms for our fam, that is highly unlikely? I've made zero room requests. I don't know how nor would I even know what to ask for...

Super excited for our stay!!!

@wendow we've always had a good stay at S/D over the years. Congrats on getting a good rate too. For room requests you can go here, Swan Dolphin Concierge. From your comment you have booked 2 rooms, did you request adjoining, nearby or just 2 rooms? I would only put in a request for adjoining or nearby in your advanced request, to many request makes it complicated and less likely to get what you really need. At this point I'd put in your request as soon as you can

I've been gold with SPG for years, reality is in the new Marriott system gold its not a huge deal, but upgrades can and do happen, it will depend on occupancy. It never hurts to ask if there are any free upgrades, but they often will offer you an upgrade for a fee or points too, then it's up to you. But I'd focus on a room close to each other first.

I read the laundry facilities are on the first floor of Dolphin. We're in Swan. How big of a hassle is this??
Woo hoo! I hope your family loves it and crowns you the queen of planning after you stay in the Swan!

I think laundry would be just as easy as getting it from your room at POR to the washers. If you load everything up in a rolling suitcase it would be easy to walk over to the Dolphin with it. Go out the back by Il Mulino and across the breezeway to the Dolphin. We go back and forth between the two all the time anyway as we like restaurants in each hotel. I’d definitely go over once before you bring all the laundry just to scope out the route - I remember in my first stay thinking that the first floor of the Dolphin was a little like a labyrinth but since then it’s seemed much easier to navigate. Your laundry can be easily accomplished on a pool day I should think!

We are staying at Swan for the first time (first ever offsite stay) from 8/11-8/15. I'm more than a little nervous how this will go and if my family will still allow me to do the Disney planning after this trip lol! We've forever done split-stays but again, always onsite. We are doing POR to Swan this trip. The price, with a good chunk of airline miles, was just ever so very right :)

I'm wondering what doing laundry looks like. We are in WDW for 10 nights. For a fam of 6, in Aug, for 10 nights, I am thinking we will need to do a load or two. I don't want to. Believe me!! But I think I'm gonna have to. I read the laundry facilities are on the first floor of Dolphin. We're in Swan. How big of a hassle is this??

Also, we are Gold Elite with 'Bonvoy' reward program. I think I booked very standard rooms. Is it possible we could upgraded to a balcony room, or since we need two rooms for our fam, that is highly unlikely? I've made zero room requests. I don't know how nor would I even know what to ask for...

Super excited for our stay!!!
We’ve stayed in the Swan and have done laundry at the Dolphin. Really wasn’t bad. Just used a rolling suitcase. If you can wait for a rainy day, there is an arcade right next to the laundry room if your kids are interested.
As far as an upgrade I’m going to say it’s a big long shot. I am Gold Elite as well. Doesn’t really get you much, especially in a resort this big and and in high demand. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer- just wanted you to have realistic expectations. You’re going to love your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter