Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Can you walk over to Boardwalk or Yacht Club and use their buses for MK or Disney Springs?
After reading through these recent posts, I wondered the same thing! I don't know why you couldn't, unless they're suddenly cracking down on checking magic bands and/or hotel keys, dining reservations, etc. That seems unlikely.

Hopefully those not so goods will get better as time goes on and we keep crawling out of the pandemic.

Given we cancelled last year, and given how excited my 4 grandgirls are that we are finally going this summer - we are resolved to have a great time no matter what limitations exist. Speaking for myself - simply BEING there is exciting. We ride what we can, take in the atmosphere, sweat through the mask-wearing and remind ourselves we could be home working out of the house instead of being in Disney World!

Thanks for the report and updates, Threehearts. Some good things, some not so good. Hopefully those not so goods will get better as time goes on and we keep crawling out of the pandemic.
The lobby Dolphin bar is open until midnight and looks like a great time. I am not sure about the Fountain but if you download the Swan Dolphin app on your phone and click “here now” you will get the most up to date info. Picabu I was open this morning.
Bottled water- I did go the front desk and asked for all the bottles for the next day. They happily bagged up 8. You can also call housekeeping for these.
Bus situation-
You are allowed to use Disney transport and it’s not that busy this week so walking to the Boardwalk or Beach Club area would be okay. If the resorts were very crowded, I’m not sure how I would feel about the Swan/Dolphin people sharing the bus. That said, I admittedly used Boardwalk transportation several times. At the end of the night when leaving a park, I jumped on either the BWalk or BC/YC bus, whichever came first. I took the boat back to S/D just for fun.

The lobby Dolphin bar is open until midnight and looks like a great time. I am not sure about the Fountain but if you download the Swan Dolphin app on your phone and click “here now” you will get the most up to date info. Picabu I was open this morning.
Bottled water- I did go the front desk and asked for all the bottles for the next day. They happily bagged up 8. You can also call housekeeping for these.
Bus situation-
You are allowed to use Disney transport and it’s not that busy this week so walking to the Boardwalk or Beach Club area would be okay. If the resorts were very crowded, I’m not sure how I would feel about the Swan/Dolphin people sharing the bus. That said, I admittedly used Boardwalk transportation several times. At the end of the night when leaving a park, I jumped on either the BWalk or BC/YC bus, whichever came first. I took the boat back to S/D just for fun.
Important- some of what I’ve relayed is only my opinion and so you should make your own judgements about what will work best for your trip. What bothers one person may well be nothing to another traveler.

Can you walk over to Boardwalk or Yacht Club and use their buses for MK or Disney Springs?
From previous posters they have signs up stating they are for resort guets, but beyond that no enforcement. I read eleshwere it wasn't just S/D causing this but people exiting Epcot from the IG and getting on the YC/BC bus (guilty of that)
I thought the Fountain was open...?
It is, but you need to check the S&D App for hours; it's closed Monday & Tuesday.

Good morning,currently at the Swan and thought I would address some of the concerns that have popped up. They are currently doing housekeeping about every 4 days. They provide a couple of bottles of water and you can request more from housekeeping when you see them in the halls.. They are providing coffee pods in the room. Housekeeping will provide towels and other necessities upon request.

You can jump on the other resort’s busses without a problem. After MK the other night it was easier for us to jump on the YC/BC bus and walk back as opposed to waiting for the ferry/monorail.

I'll bet the people staying at the Boardwalk aren't too happy with that. I wonder why they don't simply let the Mears busses drop at entrance like the Disney busses?
Basically those spots are only for Disney buses. It could be a Union issue, but most likely it's just reserved for Disney owned buses - it's part of the package deal you get with the contract. Since S/D didn't renew the contract this is what we're left with. I am sure that S/D did the math and said they couldn't afford to pay what Disney wanted for this year - hopefully it was only a 1 year break and Disney buses will be back but it could be longer.

Basically those spots are only for Disney buses. It could be a Union issue, but most likely it's just reserved for Disney owned buses - it's part of the package deal you get with the contract. Since S/D didn't renew the contract this is what we're left with. I am sure that S/D did the math and said they couldn't afford to pay what Disney wanted for this year - hopefully it was only a 1 year break and Disney buses will be back but it could be longer.
Didn't someone say that because the Mears buses are taller than the Disney buses, they can't get to the bus stalls at the entrance? Not saying there aren't other issues too, but that bus size is part of the problem.

As for the buses, I used the YC bus to go to MK this morning, I was actually at the YC thinking I'd look through their gift store as I needed a nail file and they don't have them here and maybe grab a grab and go breakfast sandwich. They aren't doing grab and go right now and no nail file. I came back from MK on the BW bus, it was not full. I have taken the Swan/Dolphin buses back to YC and BW when staying there and when Disney was doing the buses.

The Fountain was open tonight when I came in so evidently they are on weird hours like the other restaurants. I saw a sign next to fuel that Picabu would be open for breakfast tomorrow.

Didn't someone say that because the Mears buses are taller than the Disney buses, they can't get to the bus stalls at the entrance? Not saying there aren't other issues too, but that bus size is part of the problem.
That might be but to me if S/D isn't paying for Disney busing why would get the the right to pull into those specail spaces, I'm pretty sure I'd package it all together if I were Disney. Does make you wonder if any of the other non-Disney hotels could pay to get in there. I just hope this isn't a long term contract and they can get back into parking with the Disney buses in the near future.
The Fountain was open tonight when I came in so evidently they are on weird hours like the other restaurants. I saw a sign next to fuel that Picabu would be open for breakfast tomorrow.
If you check the S/D app it should list the hours, appears some are focused more on being open on the Weekends when it's busier. Having Picabu back open is a good sign IMHO.

Forgot to mention they cleaned my room some time after I left the room at 3:30 this afternoon. I didn't think they were going to clean it this trip so I was a little upset. Had I known they were going to do it I would have requested they not, I don't like people in my room. I checked in on Sunday and today is Wens. so that is 3 nights. Normally, I request no cleaning when I check in but they told me at check in it wouldn't be cleaned so I didn't mention it.
If I had known they are going to clean the room, I put things away but since I didn't think they were going to be in there I had all my masks out on the dresser airing out, two rain jackets spread on the table drying, my laptop sitting out instead of in the safe and other stuff just laying on the dresser I would have put in the drawers. They made my bed, left new coffee cups and a new bath mat and toiletries. I can't tell if they cleaned the tub or did any vacuuming.

Also, the lights on the walkways are not turned on so the walk from Epcot is very dark. I noticed it both last night and tonight.

That might be but to me if S/D isn't paying for Disney busing why would get the the right to pull into those specail spaces, I'm pretty sure I'd package it all together if I were Disney. Does make you wonder if any of the other non-Disney hotels could pay to get in there. I just hope this isn't a long term contract and they can get back into parking with the Disney buses in the near future.

If you check the S/D app it should list the hours, appears some are focused more on being open on the Weekends when it's busier. Having Picabu back open is a good sign IMHO.

what is the S/D app? Is that just the regular Marriott app? If so, where do you find the dining hours? Thanks!

I've stayed at Dolphin multiple times, only once at Swan.... Do all the roms at Swan have that little balcony? I'm trying to recall if we got upgraded beyond just the basic room ...it had the cutest little spot to sit outside....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter