Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone used the Bonvoy app to check in at the Swan?
You can use most of the features of the Bonvoy app including check-in but as @hedberg1661 indicated above the Swan & Dolphin don't participate in the Bonvoy electronic room key function as of today. They have not upgraded the room door locks and systems to support this feature.

Was 11 PM your original check-in time or are you being delayed by travel? The Bonvoy app allows you to chat with the hotel team directly on the way to the resort.

Dave

We're taking a later flight out and won't arrive to MCO until 10:30 PM. We got a car picking us up and taking carry-on luggage so I'm hoping we can arrive as soon as possible. 11PM was if all things went super smooth, not that they will. I was just hoping to cruise right to our room so everyone can get some sleep.

Another quick question, does the fridge in the room at the Swan have a freezer? Going to bring some cold packs to help with my plantar fasciitis.

Just to follow-up on what @SteveH posted above with the current state of the mini-fridges with the great visual. The freezer version of the mini-fridges were removed in the last remodel in 2017-2018.

The ice makers are still available (see map on the back of your room door) we use fresh ice to almost freeze pre-made ice packs in large gallon plastic Ziploc bags in the mini-fridge. It works quite well for up.

Dave

Another quick question, does the fridge in the room at the Swan have a freezer? Going to bring some cold packs to help with my plantar fasciitis.
When they first banned loose ice, there was a lot of discussion about how to keep things cold in the parks. I saw a few posters mention some special ice packs (IIRC they were maybe mostly for keeping meds cold?) that can be frozen in a refrigerator rather than a freezer. I never looked into them further, but that might be something of help to you. Make sure to bring your roller too! I got two different small ones at the checkout at Dicks Sporting Goods. Athlete impulse buys—rollers and energy gels!! 🤣

Thanks for the roller suggestions. This injury is a new thing for me and is happening at the worst possible time. I'm just going to have to push through the pain and try to ice and massage it out when I can. I also requested some additional pillows so I can prop my feet up when I sleep.

Thanks for the roller suggestions. This injury is a new thing for me and is happening at the worst possible time. I'm just going to have to push through the pain and try to ice and massage it out when I can. I also requested some additional pillows so I can prop my feet up when I sleep.

Look into Kinesio Tape. I suffered with PF for months before finding out about taping. Frozen water bottles are great for icing/rolling.

Also, Protalus insoles. Pricey but worth it. I haven't had another episode of PF since I started wearing them.

@mdmost I did some searching trying to find an old thread, I recall somebody talking about needing a frozen pack while at S/D and they were able to freeze it for them and picked it up each night. I can't find that thread, I think it was at S/D. I know my wife was able to do this at the Sheraton at Disneyland too. It might be worth a call direct to S/D (not the Marriott call center). Good luck!

Look into Kinesio Tape. I suffered with PF for months before finding out about taping. Frozen water bottles are great for icing/rolling.

Also, Protalus insoles. Pricey but worth it. I haven't had another episode of PF since I started wearing them.
Frozen water bottles are genius!!! And don’t go barefoot anywhere but the shower! If I’m awake, I have my Crocs on. I never want that pain again!

Not sure I really care but I cannot link my Swan reservation on points to MDE. I tried the one from my Marriott confirm - no go. I called the Swan and they tried to help me... gave me a different number... no go. Reservation was made back in April so it's not like it's too new, lol. Oh well - not sure if even matters or will affect anything like Early Entry Benefit or Deluxe EMHs.

Anybody have any other thoughts or tips?

Not sure I really care but I cannot link my Swan reservation on points to MDE. I tried the one from my Marriott confirm - no go. I called the Swan and they tried to help me... gave me a different number... no go. Reservation was made back in April so it's not like it's too new, lol. Oh well - not sure if even matters or will affect anything like Early Entry Benefit or Deluxe EMHs.

I believe once I had a reservation that had been made a while before I tried linking it and it wouldn't link. The Swan had to resend the info to Disney to get it to show up. Did they offer to try doing that?

If you call in again call the S/D number, ask for in-house reservations. Seems like the back of the house team might be better at resolving these issues.

I am about to book Dolphin for 9-21 - 9-26.
Was thinking about the resort view balcony upgrade.
The cost of the upgrade is about $250 for the 5 nights.
My package price is about 1550 with airfare, resort fees, taxes.

It will be just myself and probably my daughter, so 2 doubles would be fine.

Have stayed at the Swan 2x, loved it, but wanted to try Dolphin.

Any ideas what to expect with the upgrade room? I would like to be higher up in the pyramid thingy with the balcony.

Also, when booking through priceline, it gives me the option for $99 charge for round trip ground transportation.
I am not sure about the transportation option of who it is through. I was debating on uber,lyft, but not sure about those options these days.
I would obviously want to get to the hotel asap once I get to MCO and then get back to the airport at the right time on the way back.

Lastly, how is the internet in the room? It is super important that I have a good internet connection, I will need to WFHotel for a few days when I am there.

Does anyone know if they still have the DJ on Saturday and Sunday at the pool? How have the crowds been at the pool on the weekends lately? We havent been since May and in May it was CRAZY around the afternoon hours when the DJ was there! Thanks everyone!

If you call in again call the S/D number, ask for in-house reservations. Seems like the back of the house team might be better at resolving these issues.
I'm honestly not sure why I care to link it. Can anybody come up with a reason? Unless it's used somehow to drive the early entry benefit (which we'll have DPs on that in early Oct of course), otherwise, I'm not worried about it, lol.

I'm honestly not sure why I care to link it. Can anybody come up with a reason? Unless it's used somehow to drive the early entry benefit
If you link your reservation to MDE then you don't have to present your room key to access the Theme Parks for parking if you have a Smartphone of MB.

Also it is easier to just can your MB and the tapstiles.

Summary: call in-house reservations at Swan & Dolphin and get the correct reservation number to link in MDE. Direlct local: 407-934-4000 or Reservations: 1-888-828-8850 at resort but will roll-over to Marriott if they are busy or not at the desk at the moment.

Dave

If you link your reservation to MDE then you don't have to present your room key to access the Theme Parks for parking if you have a Smartphone of MB.

Also it is easier to just can your MB and the tapstiles.

Summary: call in-house reservations at Swan & Dolphin and get the correct reservation number to link in MDE. Direlct local: 407-934-4000 or Reservations: 1-888-828-8850 at resort but will roll-over to Marriott if they are busy or not at the desk at the moment.

Dave

Wouldn't it matter for booking ADR's all at once at 60 days out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter