Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

**Also wanted to add a recommendation for Tony Hinds for a pick up/drop off from airport to hotel. I got his recommendation from the Transportation board and just wanted to add it here to the guy was amazing! On time, (4:30am pick up from the Reserve!). Just a sweet man that has been a professional driver for 20+ years. Go to Transportation board if you want more info on him.

2nd for him too! I used him a few weeks ago.

Just returned from our Dolphin Thanksgiving trip. Beautiful hotel, had a lovely view of Epcot.

Checked in online using bonvoy app day prior to arrival. Reservations still appeared in My Disney Experience.

Come day of our first park visit, I was no longer a hotel guest. Had to call and wait for hour and a half before talking to a Disney cast member to fix. By then, rides and preferred times were gone. Went to Disney vacation planning at Dolphin and waited in line only for them to tell me I would need to go to guest services in the park for help. I did just that and after waiting in another line, everything was fixed.

Then on our third park day, I signed in early just prior to 7am and noticed hotel was no longer showing up. Chatted with someone on the phone on the my Disney experience app who corrected just in time.

Best wishes to all that you may never experience this frustration.

Hi everyone! I booked CBR 2 rooms 7 nights for May 2022. There will be 5 adults and a 10 month old. For the same price, I could do the Swan. I have stayed at both resorts and like both. I have not been to the Swan since the buses are no longer Disney run. Can you help with the pro’s and con’s of choosing one over the other with the recent changes? Thanks
We were there with a baby in Sept. and we thought the Dolphin buses were actually more convenient than the Disney ones when dealing with a stroller. Swan/Dolphin uses charter buses and they put the strollers underneath, that really frees up a lot of room. It did cause an issue with another father who didn't want to have to fold down his double stroller but the bus driver refused to let them on until he did. We were fine with that since we visit a lot and always hated watching those parents who wait until the bus arrives to fold down their strollers and hold up everyone else. My son always made sure they had theirs folded down almost as soon as we got in line. The bus to AK lets you off where other charter buses let you off, which isn't really that far from the Disney bus stops. There is a shaded waiting area and we actually opted to wait there for our bus back to the resort instead of going to a BW or YC/BC bus stop as it was less crowded. We took a YC bus to MK but only because I love YC and had to visit it at least once. We took the monorail back through Epcot on the way back because we had PHs and the baby loved riding Figment.

I would pick Swan over CB any day of the week but we love Epcot and HS and being able to walk to both parks is huge for us. We also don't like to have to rely on the Skyliner as my son isn't a fan of heights and is claustrophobic so it's a no go for him.

@MagicMoon wow I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I can't believe all of the various IT issues Disney is having and that are not getting resolved. Sadly your two issues and problems booking ADRs seems far to common and not just for SDR guests either.

Checked in online using bonvoy app day prior to arrival. Reservations still appeared in My Disney Experience.

Come day of our first park visit, I was no longer a hotel guest. Had to call and wait for hour and a half before talking to a Disney cast member to fix. By then, rides and preferred times were gone. Went to Disney vacation planning at Dolphin and waited in line only for them to tell me I would need to go to guest services in the park for help. I did just that and after waiting in another line, everything was fixed.

Then on our third park day, I signed in early just prior to 7am and noticed hotel was no longer showing up. Chatted with someone on the phone on the my Disney experience app who corrected just in time.

Best wishes to all that you may never experience this frustration.
This is just plain unacceptable. As a Swan or Dolphin guest, you have the right to book ILL$ experiences at 7:00. And you have the right to enter the parks a half-hour early. If your reservation suddenly disappears from MDE that morning, you lose out on those key benefits. Many of us would not have invested thousands of dollars in a Disney vacation without the ability to use those perks to ride the most desirable rides. For the system to crap out like that, necessitating hours of stressful time in customer service lines or on hold over the phone (in lieu of enjoying the parks)---and then for Disney to basically just say, "Too bad, you lose"---is unacceptable. My blood is boiling on your behalf. And I am terrified that the same thing is going to happen to me next month.

Has anyone had this experience?

Mariott quoted me a rate for a family alcove + connector after I told them the # of guests. When I looked in the Bonvoy app, they charged me hundreds of dollars in “extra person” charges on top of the rate they quoted me. I checked my confirmation email - it doesn’t mention that charge, and it was not mentioned when I made the reservation online!

Yes, it was both a hassle and took away from vacation time. I hope this does not happen to you.
I’m sorry it happened to you too, but glad you were able to get an answer through chat. When I tried the chat for my dining issue, I got a stock response that they had all the issues they could handle for the rest of the day, so they were closed and I should try again tomorrow. And I mean that literally 😡

Ill be sending an email to guest services tomorrow; I’d encourage you to do the same. They need to hear us.

@CBMom01 pretty sure they charge an extra fee for more then 2 adults, but should not charge for children under 18.
Maybe, but my confirmation email states the # of adults and children, lists the rate and all the fees (including resort fee, parking, etc.) and says nothing about the several hundred dollars in “extra person” charges. Nor did they mention anything of the sort when I called to book. I’m actually assuming it’s a glitch in the Bonvoy app or I’d be less calm about this.

Maybe, but my confirmation email states the # of adults and children, lists the rate and all the fees (including resort fee, parking, etc.) and says nothing about the several hundred dollars in “extra person” charges. Nor did they mention anything of the sort when I called to book. I’m actually assuming it’s a glitch in the Bonvoy app or I’d be less calm about this.

Call them, I've seen similar issues with rates booked through this property and through others by after calling on- site reservations it has always been cleared up. If nothing else, they'll generally add a bite so that it will be removed at check-in in my experience. Ymmv

Could be, I'd call back and ask for in-house reservations to make sure.

I did a dummy booking and it does show the extra person fee (I said 3 adults)... :confused3:confused3

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 7.54.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 7.54.12 PM.png
    46 KB · Views: 27
Resort fee news
When I was pricing out Swan/Dolphin in late Sept/early Oct when rates were released for next September, initially Marriott didn’t include resort fees in the price quote online. It was still part of the fine print. I noticed last week or so that they started including them now to be paid with the booking as it’s own line item instead of surprising patrons at departure. 👏🏻
Now if we could get them to stop charging a rate nearly the same cost as actual amenities just to leave our vehicle in the lot, that’d be great. 😒

When I was pricing out Swan/Dolphin in late Sept/early Oct when rates were released for next September, initially Marriott didn’t include resort fees in the price quote online. It was still part of the fine print. I noticed last week or so that they started including them now to be paid with the booking as it’s own line item instead of surprising patrons at departure. 👏🏻
Now if we could get them to stop charging a rate nearly the same cost as actual amenities just to leave our vehicle in the lot, that’d be great. 😒
Here are the current 'resort fee amenities'

7. How much does the mandatory Resort Service Package cost and what does it include?
Resort Service Package is $35 + tax per day and includes:

• In-room wireless internet
  • Loyalty Program guests receive enhanced speed in-room wireless internet.
  • Loyalty Program Silver Status and above guests receive enhanced high-speed in-room wireless internet plus 125 Loyalty Program points per night*.
  • Complimentary Swan Paddle-boat rentals.
  • Daily Fitness Class (live instructor).

Call them, I've seen similar issues with rates booked through this property and through others by after calling on- site reservations it has always been cleared up. If nothing else, they'll generally add a bite so that it will be removed at check-in in my experience. Ymmv
That’s what I’m assuming. We’ll see

Maybe, but my confirmation email states the # of adults and children, lists the rate and all the fees (including resort fee, parking, etc.) and says nothing about the several hundred dollars in “extra person” charges.
Sounds the common Marriott reservation system issue. It wants to counts children as adults in the app at $50 per child per day. Is that the "extra" you $$$ you are seeing?

If so it is just a bug (aka a badfeature) and you will not be charged all those fees. If you have too many adults vs the normal room alotment of 2 adults per room with an individual room door than that should be a valid charge.

Dave

Sounds the common Marriott reservation system issue. It wants to counts children as adults in the app at $50 per child per day. Is that the "extra" you $$$ you are seeing?

If so it is just a bug (aka a badfeature) and you will not be charged all those fees. If you have too many adults vs the normal room alotment of 2 adults per room with an individual room door than that should be a valid charge.

Dave
Thank you! That’s what I was assuming but it’s good to get some confirmation. I’ll still call but feeling better now

doing a split stay between Dolphin and CSR and need to know if Dolphin will transfer luggage to the Coronado Springs Resort or if I need to Uber it over myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter