Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know if the Signature One Bedroom Suite at Swan Reserve that my TA can book through disney earmarked come with an Epcot View? She said she sees no mention of views, although I see the views on the Marriott site. I would love to keep the booking through her, but really would love the epcot view. Any suggestions?

Good morning everybody! New member here and just had a quick question. I had booked my upcoming three night stay at the Dolphin through Hotels.com. Now I know that we can book WDW restaurants 60 days out and I have heard that you can also add the number of days to that 60 days, to increase your lead time. Since I am coming from Australia, I REALLY want as good a chance as possible at getting certain restaurants. The only thing is, the confirmation number through hotels.com is THEIR conformation number and NOT the official number for the Dolphin that, once inputed into the app, would allow me that extra three day window.

Since I want every advantage I can get, I just wondered if anybody had any ideas on how to get the actual Dolphin reservation/confirmation number? I don't want to have to call from Australia as the cost of waiting on hold and so on would be too great. Any other assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Two questions for those with experience.

1. What type of coffee maker do they have at the Swan?

2. Do the balcony rooms have a better view than the non-balcony rooms?

TIA.

Two questions for those with experience.

1. What type of coffee maker do they have at the Swan?

2. Do the balcony rooms have a better view than the non-balcony rooms?

TIA.
This is from 2012, but I do not think it is different today. If it is , I will be corrected.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-new-swan-and-dolphin-resort-thread-april-2012-please-read-post-1.2904771/post-44553884

Not appreciably, IMO. The balcony is about 4-5 feet deep, tops. I guess they would be better, but not much.

Good morning everybody! New member here and just had a quick question. I had booked my upcoming three night stay at the Dolphin through Hotels.com. Now I know that we can book WDW restaurants 60 days out and I have heard that you can also add the number of days to that 60 days, to increase your lead time. Since I am coming from Australia, I REALLY want as good a chance as possible at getting certain restaurants. The only thing is, the confirmation number through hotels.com is THEIR conformation number and NOT the official number for the Dolphin that, once inputed into the app, would allow me that extra three day window.

Since I want every advantage I can get, I just wondered if anybody had any ideas on how to get the actual Dolphin reservation/confirmation number? I don't want to have to call from Australia as the cost of waiting on hold and so on would be too great. Any other assistance would be greatly appreciated.
After quite the runaround and trying several sources I was able to text the Priceline chat help feature and they found me the number I needed. I would go through Hotels.com and see if they have an online chat or text feature. Explain clearly what you need and they should be able to help you.

@supersuperwendy good question you might want to call Swan Reserve and ask first to be assured of your view.

@BradleyOzDisFan with your confirmation info from hotels.com normally I'd say call 407-934-4000 M-F 8-5 and ask for In-House reservations they should be able to assist you. But, since you are in Oz I would get the SDR Mobile App and click on "I'm on Property" and use the Text Us! feature instead, explain your situation, give your name, dates and hotels.com # and they should be able to help you.

@disneydentist the info Dan gave you is correct at this time, since the new Swan Reserve went to Kuerig I do wonder how long before Swan/Dolphin hotels might get those - that's just unknown.

After quite the runaround and trying several sources I was able to text the Priceline chat help feature and they found me the number I needed. I would go through Hotels.com and see if they have an online chat or text feature. Explain clearly what you need and they should be able to help you.

Thank you - I did this and it worked! Thank you so much!

Does anyone know if the Signature One Bedroom Suite at Swan Reserve that my TA can book through disney earmarked come with an Epcot View? She said she sees no mention of views, although I see the views on the Marriott site. I would love to keep the booking through her, but really would love the epcot view. Any suggestions?

If you want to book through her, just ask her to book through the Marriottt site or call Swan/Dolphin directly. Many Earmarked agencies also sell other properties and she would still get a commission. I would never recommend booking a non-WDW property through WDW. For many reasons, including better pricing, more flexible terms and conditions, and the ability to speak to the resort about your reservation (instead of a third-party), IMHO, it's better to book directly with the resort.

If you want to book through her, just ask her to book through the Marriottt site or call Swan/Dolphin directly. Many Earmarked agencies also sell other properties and she would still get a commission. I would never recommend booking a non-WDW property through WDW. For many reasons, including better pricing, more flexible terms and conditions, and the ability to speak to the resort about your reservation (instead of a third-party), IMHO, it's better to book directly with the resort.

Thanks, I felt bad pulling the booking from her so did let her book it for us. She put in a request for Epcot View, works for me! ...My follow up question is in regards to park buses. In years past we've boarded and exited park buses at Swan/Dolphin while staying at Boardwalk Villas. I watched a video on youtube of Swan Reserve, and the girl said Magic Kingdom buses from Swan Reserve only go to TTC. If we wanted the bus that goes to usual bus unload at MK we should walk over to the original swan bus stop correct?

Thanks, I felt bad pulling the booking from her so did let her book it for us. She put in a request for Epcot View, works for me! ...My follow up question is in regards to park buses. In years past we've boarded and exited park buses at Swan/Dolphin while staying at Boardwalk Villas. I watched a video on youtube of Swan Reserve, and the girl said Magic Kingdom buses from Swan Reserve only go to TTC. If we wanted the bus that goes to usual bus unload at MK we should walk over to the original swan bus stop correct?
No. Swan/Dolphin/Reserve now all only go to and from the TTC. Go to the BW for a MK bus.

Hi all - have a 9-night trip coming in mid-February, and trying to book a few hotel reservations. I see Swan as an option for my dates, but when I click to see rate I get an error - anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• A490739F-B3B1-4022-8AB4-47C3005FAFAD.png
    A490739F-B3B1-4022-8AB4-47C3005FAFAD.png
    107 KB · Views: 10
Hi all - have a 9-night trip coming in mid-February, and trying to book a few hotel reservations. I see Swan as an option for my dates, but when I click to see rate I get an error - anyone seen this before?
Testing it I saw the same thing. I'd call to see if available. Price showed up in around $450 so tells me the resort is probably getting close to full or one of the nights is not available.

I dealt with this leading up to New Years. They kept showing availability but throwing errors. Then after several days a bunch would become available. Then it looked like sold out (I was doing price matches for multiple dates so had to book on marriot and also on Priceline) I eventually was able to book multiple reservations-I am not sure how many reservations I had, it was a lot as I was running different combination of nights and made a few mistakes on my price matches so had to redo several (this was my first price matching so had to learn some tricks)-all told maybe like 20 reservations. It kept the same pattern for a week or two, Then they had no availability for a couple weeks then restarted this same pattern again, and then a week before I went they dropped prices by like 40% and had availability for several days. So yea…the best I could conclude is that it was a place holder until they were ready to officially release the nights available-for some reason. when I cancelled reservations they would occasionally became available within an hour or two, but most of my cancellations were not available as far as I could tell-in fact the whole room category would show fully booked for several days until the above pattern started again. Occasionally they would remove the refundable options for several days and then bring them back, or block out all queens and have only kings and then switch it again a week later. For a couple days every room was showing 1k plus only one available.

mall of these things happened on both marriot.com -and Priceline though it would s9metimes show up later- with the rooms usually showing available on both sites before they actually became available.

this was different than when Priceline showed 1 available on Priceline with a good VIP deal but was not showing up on marriot. In those cases even when I purchased the last room myself it would stay on Priceline for HOURS-sometimes even into the next day. Out of curiosity I tried to book it again several times using different devices, accounts etc. and it would throw that same type of error until it was finally removed.

Basically, this information doesn’t help any beyond saying that it could mean anything, I bet there will be availability if you keep checking, don’t let the error convince you it will be hard to book a night and commit to a bad deal.

Last edited:
I thought I must’ve accidentally clicked something in the browser yesterday to change the text to be centered for all comments but I haven’t investigated. Other threads I’m in on different browser tabs are fine luckily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter