Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I was finally able to talk with someone in the reservation department at the S/D about upgrade costs on our points reservation. We aren’t traveling until marathon weekend next January, so still quite a ways off. We currently have booked a standard No view room at the Reserve. I was quoted $240/night for the No view 1 bedroom suite, $265/night for pool/HS view, or $285/night for Epcot fireworks view. I also asked about upgrade options if we changed our room over to the Swan & was quoted $200/ night for Executive suite ($225 w/ balcony,) or $240/ night for the Grand suite ($265 w/balcony.)

We’ll wait it out until closer to our trip & see if we get any different rates a month or so out.

I did notice that point prices have changed a bit in the last few days. We paid 270,000 points for our 6 night stay, both the Swan & the Reserve were the same point total for our dates. When I checked earlier, the Swan was up to 300,000 & the Reserve was up to 280,000 for the same rooms.
Did they say if you would need to pay an extra resort fee for the suites at the swan, or just the one fee for the room booked with points?

Hey just a heads up. I booked a last minute trip to the Dolphin on January 17-23 through Marriott points, that I booked two days before leaving. Well, the stay never populated on My Disney Experience, and no amount of trying to add it myself, calling Disney, going to the front desk or going to Guest Services would help fix the issue, and I tried on a few different days of my stay. I did get a voucher at the front desk for Early Morning Magic, but a cast member at the Epcot International Gateway entrance didn't know what it was, didn't let me in the park and sent me to Guest Services. The cast member at Guest Services gave me a couple of anytime reservations for Soarin' and Spaceship Earth. However, if I'd wanted to make early 7am Genie+ or LL selections for any park during my weeklong stay I would have been out of luck. I don't know if anyone has encoutered this, and I only read back a few pages, but I wanted to post something to warn other people who might encounter this issue.

Another note of confirmation about different bus systems being used; I got a bus to Disney Springs one day and was let off way over behind Cirque de Soleil where charter buses let passengers off. A bit of a haul to get to where I was going.

I also never had housekeeping service during my stay. Apparently they only do it once every few days, but I didn't really need or want it anyway.

I did have an absolutely wonderful stay, despite all of this. I was there for a rare, relaxing solo stay that was focused on pool and massage and walking.

Last edited:
I was finally able to talk with someone in the reservation department at the S/D about upgrade costs on our points reservation. We aren’t traveling until marathon weekend next January, so still quite a ways off. We currently have booked a standard No view room at the Reserve. I was quoted $240/night for the No view 1 bedroom suite, $265/night for pool/HS view, or $285/night for Epcot fireworks view. I also asked about upgrade options if we changed our room over to the Swan & was quoted $200/ night for Executive suite ($225 w/ balcony,) or $240/ night for the Grand suite ($265 w/balcony.)

We’ll wait it out until closer to our trip & see if we get any different rates a month or so out.

I did notice that point prices have changed a bit in the last few days. We paid 270,000 points for our 6 night stay, both the Swan & the Reserve were the same point total for our dates. When I checked earlier, the Swan was up to 300,000 & the Reserve was up to 280,000 for the same rooms.
They're switching to that dynamic structure. Didn't think it was supposed to be until next week. (well...March)

Last edited:
Did they say if you would need to pay an extra resort fee for the suites at the swan, or just the one fee for the room booked with points?
At the Swan it would just be one resort fee. I asked about connecting standard rooms at the Reserve & was told there would be a resort fee on both rooms & they didn’t offer the same discount the S/D did on connecting standard rooms, so the second standard room would be rack rate. Only 1 resort fee on the suites at the Reserve though.

They're switching to that dynamic structure. Didn't think it was supposed to be until next week. (well...March)
I knew the change was coming, but I thought it would be the end of March since they released the list of resorts that would see point price increases saying they would start on 3/29. I was hopefully the point prices would drop a bit at the S/D, but I guess not.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at Swolphin with a group attending a sports event at the WWOS recently. Looking at booking a group trip for my daughter’s soccer team and just wondering how it worked out commuting with such a large group to WWOS and the parks.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at Swolphin with a group attending a sports event at the WWOS recently. Looking at booking a group trip for my daughter’s soccer team and just wondering how it worked out commuting with such a large group to WWOS and the parks.
You might talk to S/D to see if they have some advice on transportation, my guess is that you'd need to set it up yourself. Maybe with Mears or another van service - unless you try to rent what you need and drive yourself. I could be wrong, but I think Disney has provided transportation (at least in the past) for the groups competing at WWOS, but only if you stay at their designated hotels.

I booked stay at Swan for May directly with Marriott I can't link reservation to my disney experience using my name and coonfirmation number. Anyone else have this problem I am waiting for call back from Disney tech support but I find people on dis boards have a lot more information
Thanks

Potential first time Swan visit scheduled for end of August :sunny:. we stayed at Beachclub last year and loved how close it was to Epcot.
However with two teens we really want to get 2 rooms now, looking at the other resorts we simply cannot justify cost of two rooms at BC/BW & the options for renting a dvc in the week we are going are either still too much $ or not available.

Question I have for those who booked Swan/Deolphin through Costco, if I book two rooms, is there a way to ensure they are joining rooms?
The current promo is for upgraded balcony deluxe queen, is there an ability to request one of the rooms to a king even if upcharge?
Priced 6 night with 5 day hopper $6134, comparing to direct with Marriot same nights its roughly $5400 for 2 rooms :crazy2:

Marriott is once again about to shoot themselves in the foot and forsake their loyal customers. Those of us that were loyal SPG members are really laughing (crying) how bad things have gotten under the Marriott banner.
Marriott Bonvoy Devaluation: How Bad Will It Be?
Marriott Dynamic Award Pricing Devaluation Starts March 29, Will Be Worse In 2023
Possible impending Marriott devaluation: What dynamic pricing could mean for travelers

@tomeaine call Costco and let them check about adjoining rooms. As for the queen to king - unlikely. We asked the same thing and were told that our booking with Costco was for two queens, not a big deal but annyoing. If you are a AAA member price out direct through Marriott too, might stand a better chance of getting what you want (king) as well as connecting rooms.

Here is my experience with booking this morning.

I logged in to the Sam's Club site, found Dolphin, selected room, and finished with payment. To my horror, I discovered I have booked a NON-REFUNDABLE room when I meant to book a REFUNDABLE room. Definitely my fault, but I was on my tablet and didn't read closely enough before hitting the payment button.
😨

I called Sam’s Club right away to correct and was told I had to talk directly to the Dolphin folks.

I called the number she gave me, and after being on hold for over an hour and being transferred no less than 4 times, (from main reservations, supposedly to Dolphin front desk, then to inhouse reservations which was again transferred to main reservations), I was finally informed they could not change a reservation made by a third party, and that I needed to call Sam’s again.
😖

So, I called Sam’s Club again, and after being on hold for another 15 minutes, got a very nice agent who was able to help – they cannot change it themselves, but have a support team that will contact the resort, and request permission to cancel and rebook. The agent was confident this will have a happy outcome, but it could take up to 72 hrs.

Question for group - has anyone ever been successful changing a NON-REFUNDABLE to a REFUNDABLE through a third party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter