Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Bottled water was always something the old SPG (Sheraton/Westin/etc.) members got, they continued it at SDR once Marriott took over as well as many other locations. It was promoted to be part of your daily resort fee, so it really had nothing to to with the Picabu surcharge.
I realize that, but I was wondering why they bought a bottle of water at Picabu if you could get free bottled water in your room.

Bottled water was always something the old SPG (Sheraton/Westin/etc.) members got, they continued it at SDR once Marriott took over as well as many other locations. It was promoted to be part of your daily resort fee, so it really had nothing to to with the Picabu surcharge. Reports over the past year were the housekeepers were giving out a lot of bottled water if you asked for not just the standard 2 bottles per room per day. In our past trips we'd get a case of water delivered since we'd chug through a lot of water at Disney even in Jan/Feb.
The water in the resort fee is now gone, but I have never had trouble getting extra water from housekeeping. The approximately $38 (with tax) covers basically the paddle boats.

7. How much does the mandatory Resort Service Package cost and what does it include?
Resort Service Package is $35 + tax per day and includes:

• In-room wireless internet
  • Loyalty Program guests receive enhanced speed in-room wireless internet.
  • Loyalty Program Silver Status and above guests receive enhanced high-speed in-room wireless internet plus 125 Loyalty Program points per night*.
  • Complimentary Swan Paddle-boat rentals.
  • Daily Fitness Class (live instructor).

Yes.
Is Voss a brand of water?
"VOSS Still is recognized as one of the world's purest bottled waters with less than 45 parts per million of Total Dissolved Solids in our Still Water. This is a significantly lower TDS count than most other major water brands, giving VOSS its crisp, pure and clean taste."

Yes.

"VOSS Still is recognized as one of the world's purest bottled waters with less than 45 parts per million of Total Dissolved Solids in our Still Water. This is a significantly lower TDS count than most other major water brands, giving VOSS its crisp, pure and clean taste."
I see, thanks.

Thanks @Dan Murphy - I do wonder if they may drop the water at one point, several Marriott properties have already done so. I was impressed with one that had installed water bottle fillers and if asked they had some basic water bottles they would give you. I laugh more now that the resort fee is up to $35/day and their list of benefits is pretty much Wifi, a boat and a fitness class. I honestlyl can't say that the WiFi is at all different, I don't recall different Wifi options like one being "Slow Cheapskate Wifi" or "Sorta Fast Middle of the Road Wifi" or anything like "Super Fast Don't you Wish you were a member wifi" does anyone else recall that?

I laugh more now that the resort fee is up to $35/day and their list of benefits is pretty much Wifi, a boat and a fitness class. I honestlyl can't say that the WiFi is at all different, I don't recall different Wifi options like one being "Slow Cheapskate Wifi" or "Sorta Fast Middle of the Road Wifi" or anything like "Super Fast Don't you Wish you were a member wifi" does anyone else recall that?
"Marriott Bonvoy members staying at a hotel that has a resort fee that includes Wi-Fi are entitled to an extra perk, given that this is a standard benefit for Bonvoy members. Don’t get too excited, because the benefit may be minimal, and for that matter hotel front desk agents may not even be aware of this.

But it is there in the Marriott Bonvoy terms…"

https://onemileatatime.com/marriott...t/#marriott_resort_fee_wi-fi_replacement_perk

Anyone else have issues at 60 days there swan/dolphin/reserve res didn't tick the 60+10 dining reservations?
I was able to do 60+10 with no issues this past Sunday. My reservation stayed linked in MDX and I was booking between the app and the main website.

Yes.

We once got several bottles for free at an event, and took them home. At the time, my kids were in middle school. A lot of the kids in the cafeteria were impressed :jester: Nice bottles, too.

Thanks @Dan Murphy - I do wonder if they may drop the water at one point, several Marriott properties have already done so. I was impressed with one that had installed water bottle fillers and if asked they had some basic water bottles they would give you. I laugh more now that the resort fee is up to $35/day and their list of benefits is pretty much Wifi, a boat and a fitness class. I honestlyl can't say that the WiFi is at all different, I don't recall different Wifi options like one being "Slow Cheapskate Wifi" or "Sorta Fast Middle of the Road Wifi" or anything like "Super Fast Don't you Wish you were a member wifi" does anyone else recall that?
I doubt the IT folks would want to deal with anything that complicated, Steve.
"Marriott Bonvoy members staying at a hotel that has a resort fee that includes Wi-Fi are entitled to an extra perk, given that this is a standard benefit for Bonvoy members. Don’t get too excited, because the benefit may be minimal, and for that matter hotel front desk agents may not even be aware of this.

But it is there in the Marriott Bonvoy terms…"

https://onemileatatime.com/marriott...t/#marriott_resort_fee_wi-fi_replacement_perk

I think I have seen here before that that provision does not apply to properties classified as 'resorts'.

The water in the resort fee is now gone, but I have never had trouble getting extra water from housekeeping. The approximately $38 (with tax) covers basically the paddle boats.

7. How much does the mandatory Resort Service Package cost and what does it include?
Resort Service Package is $35 + tax per day and includes:

• In-room wireless internet
  • Loyalty Program guests receive enhanced speed in-room wireless internet.
  • Loyalty Program Silver Status and above guests receive enhanced high-speed in-room wireless internet plus 125 Loyalty Program points per night*.
  • Complimentary Swan Paddle-boat rentals.
  • Daily Fitness Class (live instructor).

Here is what the fee covered last time I updated that on page 1, maybe a few months ago.

The resort service fee at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is $35 +tax. The service fee includes:

• Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club
  • Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls
  • 2 bottles of water refreshed daily
  • In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access
  • Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes
  • Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities
  • $30 off spa services of $175 or more during each day of your visit at Mandara Spa
  • Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals
  • Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at our evening Campfire & S'mores event

I think I have seen here before that that provision does not apply to properties classified as 'resorts'.
"ii. Participating Properties that have mandatory resort charges, which include internet access, will provide a replacement benefit, to be determined at each Participating Property's discretion."

This is in their t&c. That being said, it would probably take many life minutes waiting for a manager in order to get 100 free points or $5/day, or the trinket that would probably be offered in replacement. Probably give you a microfiber screen cleaner or an extra smores pack. One per room per stay, of course.

Seems like they know it's a gripe but they will Bonvoy you out of getting it because who wants to waste their time. I might try it if it was raining out and I already ate breakfast.

I was able to do 60+10 with no issues this past Sunday. My reservation stayed linked in MDX and I was booking between the app and the main website.
yea mine was broken I used the chat function on the app and within an hour I got all my reservations with the nice CM putting them in.

@Dan Murphy thanks I thought that first list seemed a lot short, I figured they'd made cuts. But still for what's being paid the return value isn't there IMHO (and never has) its just a cash grab. I really do wish resort fees were stopped, just raise the price and be done with the game.

@Eastern I do recall getting the points as stated, but like you noted the value is less then $5/day so its slight of hand move.

Heavenly Bed Dilemma/Question about AC

In Sept. 2021, we spent one night at the Swan using points to see if we'd like to spend a future week there. It had probably been 15 years since we last stayed there. Well, we loved the location, but both of us tossed and turned all night. Our backs hurt and my hips were killing me. We couldn't get the temperature right.... It was a rough night and next day in the parks.

Anyone else had a problem with the beds? Maybe we didn't get Heavenly Beds since we were staying on points? Maybe it was the 23,000 steps we took that day (altho I often log 18,000)? Our discomfort doesn't make sense seeing the raves these beds get. And we've stayed in other Westins and loved the beds. It doesn't appear Marriott has switched them out.... right? I don't remember having a problem with the beds years ago, but I was also younger....

How about the AC? Anyone else have a problem with cooling?

We have Swan reservations (AP discount) for 8 nights next month, but wondering if we should switch to POR reservations (FL resident discount). We WANT to stay at the Swan, but also want to sleep well. Wondering if we should roll the dice.

So, I thought those of you who often stay at the Swan might be able to answer our questions. Maybe some rooms have better beds than others? Maybe there's an AC hack we don't know....

If you take the time to respond, thank you.

Anyone else have issues at 60 days there swan/dolphin/reserve res didn't tick the 60+10 dining reservations?
Yes, I did. I could only access the 60 day and none of additional days of our stay. I ended up having to call in and the CM said it was an issue with our SR room booked through Disney. Even though it showed in MDE, it wasn’t triggering the additional days. That CM got me on the phone with another CM who was able to go through our dates with me and reserve the dining options that were still available. All told, it probably took 4-5 hours and I’m not sure the options we ended up getting were worth the time spent.

Yes, I did. I could only access the 60 day and none of additional days of our stay. I ended up having to call in and the CM said it was an issue with our SR room booked through Disney. Even though it showed in MDE, it wasn’t triggering the additional days. That CM got me on the phone with another CM who was able to go through our dates with me and reserve the dining options that were still available. All told, it probably took 4-5 hours and I’m not sure the options we ended up getting were worth the time spent.
I used the mobile app chat function and got someone pretty fast 20-30 min and they got me all the ones I wanted at the times I wanted. So I got pretty lucky. I wonder if this will mess up Genie + and stuff since its not checked correctly ? uhg

Just booked an 8 night stay at the Swan Reserve, this will be my third time staying at this property and I'm really excited! Was able to snag a Signature Suite (HS view) for a great price (and much less than a standard room at a Disney Deluxe). Originally had a Club Level room booked At Coronado but didn't feel it was worth the extra $120 per night (especially since I couldn't participate in Evening Extra Hours). Also like the the Signature Suites have a microwave. Hate wasting food so it's nice to be able to bring leftovers back "home". Can easily outfit my room with food and beverages via instacart. Will be sure to report back!
Where did you find your great rate? When are you going? Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter