Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I called. They are NOT running. Guest services said the Swan is open, the Dolphin remains closed and Disney has not approved the running of the Friendships yet.
That's too bad. I'd noticed that the "Friendship boats starting July 29" had been removed from the transportation options listed on the WDW website for BWI & BC, which is why I was curious. Does anyone know if they're running buses to Epcot and DHS in their place? My wife and I usually walk, but not everyone can or wants to do that.

Edit: Looks like I was too slow typing and the bus question has been answered.

That's too bad. I'd noticed that the "Friendship boats starting July 29" had been removed from the transportation options listed on the WDW website for BWI & BC, which is why I was curious. Does anyone know if they're running buses to Epcot and DHS in their place? My wife and I usually walk, but not everyone can or wants to do that.
Yes, Mears buses, just confirmed with them.

Does anyone know if there are still coffee makers in the rooms at the Swan?
I called Guest Services, Richard, at the resort. He said there is still coffee service in the rooms. And I had him check with somebody besides himself.

I know I have seen many common area coffee services that are no longer operating by us. I know our cleaners and a large out-patient medical complex have eliminated their complimentary coffee. I would think since it is confined to your own room, there is little concern on their part for a problem.

The Friendship boats are not currently scheduled, but there will be Mears buses for Epcot and Hollywood as an alternative. Regular Disney buses will run for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.
Mears? So that would seem like its not Disney running the bus service but the S/D. I don't pretend to understand the agreements between S/D and Disney, but that seems really strange. I'm curious to hear reports back on how the bus service goes, safety aspects and frequency. The walking distance really isn't bad, but for some families with kids it can be a killer deal at the end of the day.

Interesting, very interesting!

Mears? So that would seem like its not Disney running the bus service but the S/D. I don't pretend to understand the agreements between S/D and Disney, but that seems really strange. I'm curious to hear reports back on how the bus service goes, safety aspects and frequency. The walking distance really isn't bad, but for some families with kids it can be a killer deal at the end of the day.

Disney also uses Mears for Magical Express. They are the biggest game in town so it's not unusual for Disney to use them. I am a little bit shocked that they don't use regular disney transport for these routes but then again it's 2020 so anything is possible.

Disney also uses Mears for Magical Express. They are the biggest game in town so it's not unusual for Disney to use them. I am a little bit shocked that they don't use regular disney transport for these routes but then again it's 2020 so anything is possible.

I wonder if Disney just does not want to call some of their motorcoach drivers back to work, with the limited number of guests using the service and not knowing for how long. Or, maybe the EP/DHS routes are short term, till the NBA moves on and out - especially at the YC. Using Mears, the service levels can be adjusted, without having to adjust Disney's drivers' hours.

I was once told that the Disney Motorcoach drivers only are authorized to drive on Disney property. Obviously, Mears drivers can drive anywhere.

I would suggest we wait until we have some first hand reports. As of now we only have what someone from GS at the Swan shared over the phone with @armerida.

For now I would treat the information from someone on the phone at the Swan / Dolphin the same way we treat rumors from Disney Bus drivers or other Disney CMs. If you ask 3 the same question, you will get 3 different answers more than 75% of the time.

In the past when there were issues with the Friendships (weather closures / maintenance issues), regular Disney bus transportation was offered from Epcot and HS.

Dave

I was once told that the Disney Motorcoach drivers only are authorized to drive on Disney property. Obviously, Mears drivers can drive anywhere.
But the Swan is one Disney property. The Mears bus information just sounds "fishy" to me.

Dave

But the Swan is one Disney property. The Mears bus information just sounds "fishy" to me.

Dave
So, even though the Swan is not Disney-owned, the Swan is entitled to the Disney transportation, except for DME. The FriendShip boats are not running, at the moment. I presume the FriendShip boats are not running at all, not just passing up the Swan. Of course, maybe someone misspoke, and it's not Mears running that bus route - maybe the buses are the usual, with Disney drivers.

I guess the key issue is that there temporarily will not be FriendShip boats to/from the Swan, which makes entrance/exit at the parks a longer walk, using the buses, instead of the boats. The boats also are very reliable, as far as schedule; you can always time the next boat. With the buses, you never know - especially when departing the parks!

Correct, currently the Friendships are not running at all. I think the issue with the Friendships not running at all is that only the Swan with low occupancy is open on the Crescent lake loop other than the DVC units at BWV and BCV.

Also there is no park hopping between Epcot and HS with further reduces guest traffic that might utilize the Friendships.

Disney lists the Disney Skyliner aerial gondolas are available to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the BCV and BWV. While it works it is a rather the long but scenic route way to get there from the Crescent lake resorts. Walking to the Epcot International Gateway Skyliner station, riding to CBR and then switching to the HS line.

Dave

Is it possible for a family of 5 (2AD 3CH) to book a room at the S/D? I noticed you can pay for a rollaway but it doesn't always allow for an increase in room occupancy. thanks in advance for any answers :goodvibes

We check into the Swan in 2 weeks, so excited! I have 3 questions:

1) Is there a quick service or gift shop that sells bottles of wine? We sometimes like to finish the night with wine and a sweet treat.

2) Is Tables in Wonderland or AP discount accepted at any of their restaurants or lounges?

3) Do the room TVs have the Disney resort
channels? (I.e. the blue screen with park hours, the channel with all the Mickey cartoons).

thanks!

Is it possible for a family of 5 (2AD 3CH) to book a room at the S/D? I noticed you can pay for a rollaway but it doesn't always allow for an increase in room occupancy. thanks in advance for any answers :goodvibes
You can have up to 5 at the Dolphin, the Swan is limited to 4.

1) Is there a quick service or gift shop that sells bottles of wine? We sometimes like to finish the night with wine and a sweet treat.
2) Is Tables in Wonderland or AP discount accepted at any of their restaurants or lounges?
1- Pretty sure they do, Fuel would probably be your best choice. If not try the Screen Door General Store at Boardwalk.
2-TiW no, pretty sure no to APs too - keep in mind these are not Disney restaurants. However you might ask about AAA, I think you'll mostly find the discounts at the casual restaurants, but it never hurts to ask.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter