Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi all,

My family and I are going to be staying at Swan for the first time next week. I just have a couple of transportation questions from there to MK & AK since they're apparently using their own buses with COVID still affecting things. We're planning on walking to Epcot & Studios.

1. How early are the buses from the Swan to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom starting in the mornings before the parks open? We like to be at the parks 30-60 minutes before they open.
2. Where does the bus from the Swan drop you off at the Magic Kingdom?
3. Would it be better/faster to get an uber/lyft/taxi in the mornings or possibly walk to the Beach Club Resort and catch a Disney bus from there?
4. Are the boats currently running to Epcot and Studios from the Swan in case we decide to go that route one day?
5. Best way to get to Disney Springs?

Just anxious about transportation to the parks since this is the first time we have stayed at the Swan/Dolphin, and the first time we have gone since COVID.

Any help/answers are appreciated. Thanks.
  1. Typically buses start running at 6:30 AM or there about
  2. TTC
  3. Yes. I would walk to Beach Club or Boardwalk and take Disney bus...again, 6:30
  4. Yes
  5. I would take Uber/Lyft
Keep in mind, things are not quite 'normal' due to COVID.

Enjoy your first-time trip, you'll be back. :beach:

2. TTC
  3. Yes. I would walk to Beach Club or Boardwalk and take Disney bus...again, 6:30
  4. Yes

To tag along here about Swan/Dolphin Buses - where does the bus now drop off / pick up at AK?

2. TTC
  4. Yes

Wow! Thanks for the fast/awesome response!

But WHERE are spaces 3 & 4 at AK? With the Disney Buses? Or is there another Bus spot? I don't mean to be dense, just have never stayed at S&D before - and every visit post-Covid until this one I've had a car and driven to AK

The Swan & Dolphin bus from Animal Kingdom is over with the other shuttle busses. It's no longer with the Disney busses.

Quick update on pool construction. I haven't gone by the pool at all until today, which is Saturday. There was no active construction because it's the weekend. The fences etc. are still around, and it looks as though the construction isn't close to being finished. I wasn't able to get a chair in the shade at any of the pools today, including my favorite behind the waterfall. In fact, there were hardly any chairs available at all. The very occasional single chair in the full sun. I saw "Reserved" signs on some of the chairs in the shade, and assume it's the Resort Pass we've talked about a bit on this thread.

Edited to add that today is the first day of not having to wear a mask while outdoors at Disney. It's really a welcome change. Wearing a mask when it's 90 degrees is no picnic. Of course, this is my last day, but at least it's a huge plus moving forward.

Yes...she cancelled my original tickets and put a note in for the new ones. The reservation team at Costco called me abput an hour later to confirm and charge me the difference..i did lose my park reservations, but we aren't going until November so it didn't matter.

Just to follow up on this for anyone else curious about Costco packages for S&D with tickets...I called Costco Travel and spoke to an amazing rep (Jeremiah) who knew the answer to every question I had.

Confirming what I thought, when you book a refundable package with tickets through Costco, you do NOT get the ticket portion refunded if you have to cancel. It is treated like a credit with Disney and you need to work with Disney directly to rebook tickets for a later date, pay the difference, etc. The price you pay up front for a refundable rate is basically the ticket cost and a small hotel deposit (that part is refundable).

Also, as far as changing your tickets after booking, yes like you said it would have to be done through Costco and not Disney since they are essentially the ones buying your tickets for you. The rep said they basically cancel your tickets (and like you said, you lose your park reservations) and then purchase the new tickets for you and charge you the difference.

I was curious about that because we were not planning on paying for anything until August, so I'm looking to spend as little as possible right now since it wasn't in our budget for this part of the year haha. If I can save the difference between 5-day hoppers and 3-day base ($605) and just change my tickets later, that helps a lot. And it appears that I can.

Do you (or anyone else) have pics, or know where to find a map of the off site bus stops at each park?
We just got back Tuesday. On the app it lists the parking places at the parks but I don't recall a map.
At MK it is at TTC in a parking lot to the left (if the MK is behind you) and spaces C3 or C4, if I recall. There are a lot of busses in the lot from various hotels and WDW bus drivers switching shifts etc. There are benches in the shade across the lot but near enough to see if you bus pulls up.
I believe AK was also spot 3 or 4, in the lot where the rideshare vehicles pick up and drop off. There is a covered bench area where you can wait there as well.
I didn't bus to Springs.

But WHERE are spaces 3 & 4 at AK? With the Disney Buses? Or is there another Bus spot? I don't mean to be dense, just have never stayed at S&D before - and every visit post-Covid until this one I've had a car and driven to AK
At AK, leaving the park, head towards the far left, to where the rideshare pickup/dropoff is. You will see a covered seating area in the parking lot, probably 50 feet from the sidewalk. Thats where you wait. You will see the bus pull up.

I am booked at the Dolphin in June with an amazing rate, but I am concerned over the multitude of negative reviews I am seeing. I absolutely love this area and Beach Club is nearly 4x the price. Should I ignore the negative reviews and take a chance or search for Disney owned accommodations at a potentially less ideal location?
Yes, ignore it! I almost cancelled Dolphin b/c of reading TripAdvisor before my trip. We just got back Tuesday and it was great! I am a bit of a hotel snob too. At WDW, YC/BC are my favorites with BW a close 3rd. However, after this trip, and the HUGE savings I got at Dolphin with the AP rate, plus my plat status getting me some perks, I will definitely be returning to Swolphin over the Disney deluxe resorts. (I also stayed at HBC in March and LOVED it too!) After refusing to stay at non-Disney resorts for the last 15 years, I am so glad I have branched out in 2021 and realize now I was being ripped off all along.
The room at Dolphin was great. They upgraded me to a resort view balcony from no view. Too bad no Epcot nighttime show b/c I would've had a great view. I got $20/day for breakfast due to status. If you aren't a fan of masks, you will be especially happy at Dolphin. The pool area was really pretty but crowded and I couldn't sit down and see my daughter swimming or doing the slide, so I did spend a lot of time standing to be able to watch her. There are a lot of food options too. I had zero complaints other than the resort fee and parking is a ripoff, but that is just what these places do these days.

ETA: actually I do have one complaint...the MK bus situation is AWFUL. Just walk over to BW and get on theirs.

We just got back Tuesday. On the app it lists the parking places at the parks but I don't recall a map.
At MK it is at TTC in a parking lot to the left (if the MK is behind you) and spaces C3 or C4, if I recall. There are a lot of busses in the lot from various hotels and WDW bus drivers switching shifts etc. There are benches in the shade across the lot but near enough to see if you bus pulls up.
I believe AK was also spot 3 or 4, in the lot where the rideshare vehicles pick up and drop off. There is a covered bench area where you can wait there as well.
I didn't bus to Springs.

That sounds as if the bus stop is closer than driving and parking. Is that right?

Do you (or anyone else) have pics, or know where to find a map of the off site bus stops at each park?

At AK, leaving the park, head towards the far left, to where the rideshare pickup/dropoff is. You will see a covered seating area in the parking lot, probably 50 feet from the sidewalk. Thats where you wait. You will see the bus pull up.
Map of AK parking, and notation of rideshare drop-off for proximity to Swan/Dolphin bus, with drop-off location showing as very close to the front of the park.

A28779CD-6FE9-4EE9-8781-4298CA5A7BF8.png

THANK YOU! I will confess, I am one of those people who pay the extra $20 for the preferred parking (I have an AP) so I know exactly where that is. It's a great spot!

Yes, ignore it! I almost cancelled Dolphin b/c of reading TripAdvisor before my trip. We just got back Tuesday and it was great! I am a bit of a hotel snob too. At WDW, YC/BC are my favorites with BW a close 3rd. However, after this trip, and the HUGE savings I got at Dolphin with the AP rate, plus my plat status getting me some perks, I will definitely be returning to Swolphin over the Disney deluxe resorts. (I also stayed at HBC in March and LOVED it too!) After refusing to stay at non-Disney resorts for the last 15 years, I am so glad I have branched out in 2021 and realize now I was being ripped off all along.
The room at Dolphin was great. They upgraded me to a resort view balcony from no view. Too bad no Epcot nighttime show b/c I would've had a great view. I got $20/day for breakfast due to status. If you aren't a fan of masks, you will be especially happy at Dolphin. The pool area was really pretty but crowded and I couldn't sit down and see my daughter swimming or doing the slide, so I did spend a lot of time standing to be able to watch her. There are a lot of food options too. I had zero complaints other than the resort fee and parking is a ripoff, but that is just what these places do these days.

ETA: actually I do have one complaint...the MK bus situation is AWFUL. Just walk over to BW and get on theirs.

THANK YOU so much for this! It's just what I needed to hear the night before my arrival for my 1st stay at the Swolphin.

We have ALWAYS stayed Deluxe at Disney (Contemporary, Poly, GF - preferably Club Level). BUT. I have been 4 times post-covid (this stay at the Dolphin is my 5th) and have been staying off site (all Marriot properties) because I just couldn't justify the $$ since it was just me meeting girlfriends.

I had a really lovely stay at the new JW Marriot Bonnet Creek last month (upgraded, daily breakfast, etc. - they had a resort fee, too.). - and would have loved to go back but I got a great AP rate and can walk to 2 of 4 parks, so took the plunge and booked the Dolphin for this last minute trip (as in, I just booked the trip on Wednesday for a Sunday arrival) - and because a girlfriend is arriving at the Dolphin later in the week.

Fingers crossed I get an upgraded room since my birthday is this week :daisy:

And thanks for sharing about the buses - I'll just walk over to the BW for a bus going to MK - and then take whatever bus comes first going back - be it BC, BW, or Hollywood Studios)

Thanks everyone for the parking maps. I have been limping around on crutches for around 7 months now (tore my meniscus and my acl is messed up a bit) and as we usually drive was not looking forward to the long walks from the parking lots. So maybe I will just use the bus myself and let those who want to use the car use the car. I am almost back to normal walking wise, and still hoping I won't need a ecv to get around. Thanks again!!

Has anyone tried to rideshare to the Contemporary Resort and using the walking path to MK as an alternate way of getting there since COVID? I was also considering this option, but not sure if they were letting people in there without a dining reservation at that resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter