• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@FireflyFi I agree with @Saad call so that it's noted on your file, this happens a lot so its not a big deal, but still make sure they know. Plus I am in the habit now of calling day of so they hear it once again from me. I started doing that after showing up late at hotel and they had given my room away - I was beyond PO'd but at least they had a sister hotel but still took me another half hour to get settled in.

As far as going to the magic kingdom, on a real busy / peak type day shortly after rope drop (target arrival around rope drop, ok being at the tail end of resort guys to skip the long wait for rope drop but ahead of non resort guests)..

am i better off taking an Uber to TTC and dealing with the ferry or monorail, or walking to Boardwalk and taking the bus?

also planning to go a second time late afternoon another day.

For those of you who have stayed at the Swan or Dolphin recently, what's been a typical time you could get access to your room on the first day? My sister is debating staying there, but ideally needs access to the room by 2pm on the first day. I know there are no guarantees, but wondering if it's not typical to get access to your room that early. It would be a Thursday in March.
Call the hotel in advance and coordinate. If they have staff to prep the room, they may be able to make it happen. We usually do this for most marriott stays when we know we need the room earlier than confirmed check in.

First time staying at the Dolphin, 3/8 - 3/11, first trip without kids! We will be moving to a different hotel for a softball tournament on 3/11 - checkout is at 11 but check-in at the new hotel is at 4. Will we be able to stay at the pool area and possibly do laundry after checking out?
Yes - there should be no issues. Just let the staff know you want to have access on your keycard

As far as going to the magic kingdom, on a real busy / peak type day shortly after rope drop (target arrival around rope drop, ok being at the tail end of resort guys to skip the long wait for rope drop but ahead of non resort guests)..

am i better off taking an Uber to TTC and dealing with the ferry or monorail, or walking to Boardwalk and taking the bus?

also planning to go a second time late afternoon another day.
Walk and catch Disney bus.

Hi all! I’m considering booking the Swan Reserve. I’m wondering how the walk is to Epcot/DHS? On a map it looks like you have to cross a major road. Have they built a convenient walking path for guests?

Do base level rooms at the dolphin have a tub and shower curtain setup in bathroom? In our experience, the swan has, but I might be doing dolphin on an upcoming trip. I’m not a fan of the glass door thing many hotels are going to as it limits kids using the bathroom while an adult showers.

EDIT: Thanks for the idea below luvallprincesses, but also as an FYI, coming back to report that I called and the 2 double Dolphin rooms all should have a shower curtain setup according to the in-house folks. We're still between Swan or Dolphin for our late October trip (debating a diff in points) so we'll see which way we end up going in a couple of months... my guess is we go Swan because of the queen beds, lol. My wife is not crazy about the doubles.

Last edited:
Do base level rooms at the dolphin have a tub and shower curtain setup in bathroom? In our experience, the swan has, but I might be doing dolphin on an upcoming trip. I’m not a fan of the glass door thing many hotels are going to as it limits kids using the bathroom while an adult showers.
I hate it too. For our upcoming stay at Reserve, I am packing a cheap shower curtain liner and suction cup hooks in case we get this setup.

Hi all! I’m considering booking the Swan Reserve. I’m wondering how the walk is to Epcot/DHS? On a map it looks like you have to cross a major road. Have they built a convenient walking path for guests?
There is a walking path for guests from the pool area of both the Swan and Dolphin abutting the play section for kids - wish I could describe this better. The walking path leads to a crosswalk with pedestrian activated traffic lights. On a recent trip, I walked from the Boardwalk to the Swan Reserve - it was easy on the main paths about 10 minutes. I am planning to stay at the Swan Reserve on my next trip with an AP rate, because cannot find a room in the Crescent Lake area in my price range. My biggest concern is not being able to charge to the magic band for dining, but will bring my food budget on Disney Gift cards. I used Disney gift cards last trip at a few restaurants and adding the tip was seamless -- just made sure to deduct the tip from the remaining balance, plus double checked my balance on the Disney Gift card website. The Swan Reserve looks like a lovely hotel with deluxe benefits, and with Mears Connect going to the resort, thought it is worth a try for a short five day stay for two adults.

What level of house keeping is on property now? Can we request daily if we want our beds done, room cleaned, etc?

Are there Disney Passholder discounts at the Swan? Where can I find this information?I know I found this information before but I can't locate it now. Thank you

Has anyone stayed in a 2bd suite at the Swan? I'm traveling with family and they said that's what they booked. Does it have a dining table? Sofa? Bigger fridge? etc.

I hate that they renamed the Cove 'Swan Reserve' because when you google things you get both the S & SR in the results. /rant lol

@jennypenny you would want to look at what's called the Grande Suite. There is a floor plan link on that page, or click here. As for dinning table, yes and same for Sofa. Fridge sort of, the wet bar area has a minifridge though not sure it's any larger, and I think both bedrooms also have the standard side mini fridge. Keep in mind there is no cooking appliances. This YouTube gives a quick walk through and a flash of the fridge but I can't tell if its any larger then the others.

Thank you! That's great since we'll all have a place to eat take out when needed. We put in for a suite reward on our reservation but I have no idea whether we'll get it. (weird it says 'pending' on the reservation since normally it says right away when we book)

I'll make sure to report on the room here when we get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter