Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

The report we had here is transfers from Disney resorts to Swolphin are handled by Disney. Transfers from Swolphin to Disney resorts are handled by Swolphin. The report from someone who tried swolphin to pop was they were told Pop is very uncooperative with them to the point where Swolphin bell services has stopped transferring to that resort.
We're doing a split day at the Boardwalk/Dolphin and through the MDE app chat, I was just told Disney will not transfer bags at all to the Dolphin. Maybe if I asked again, another CM would tell me something else, but when I asked just now, they said that while the Swolphin will transfer to a Disney resort, it doesn't work the other way.

We're doing a split day at the Boardwalk/Dolphin and through the MDE app chat, I was just told Disney will not transfer bags at all to the Dolphin. Maybe if I asked again, another CM would tell me something else, but when I asked just now, they said that while the Swolphin will transfer to a Disney resort, it doesn't work the other way.
Ignore them. I once called on the room phone at the Swan and they told me that. Walked down to Bell Services and they transferred it without an issue.

The report we had here is transfers from Disney resorts to Swolphin are handled by Disney. Transfers from Swolphin to Disney resorts are handled by Swolphin. The report from someone who tried swolphin to pop was they were told Pop is very uncooperative with them to the point where Swolphin bell services has stopped transferring to that resort.
That's pretty pompous on Pop's accord.

Ignore them. I once called on the room phone at the Swan and they told me that. Walked down to Bell Services and they transferred it without an issue.
Right, but I'm talking about going from a Disney resort to the Swolphin. So, transferring from the BWV to the Dolphin, I'm being told the BWV won't make the transfer. I'd love it if they were wrong - it's a beautiful walk, but not so much with three kids and a week's worth of luggage ;)

Right, but I'm talking about going from a Disney resort to the Swolphin. So, transferring from the BWV to the Dolphin, I'm being told the BWV won't make the transfer. I'd love it if they were wrong - it's a beautiful walk, but not so much with three kids and a week's worth of luggage ;)
I feel like CMs can be so misinformed sometimes, especially those on MDE chat who are not on the ground at resorts. Even CMs at resorts don't always know. I think unless it happened yesterday we would have heard reports about Disney no longer transferring to S/D. Last time I transferred from Poly to Dolphin, the guy wrote down Swan & Dolphin despite me telling him in person to write down specifically Dolphin, not Swan & Dolphin (which is what he kept repeating back to me). So an hour later, Poly bell services called me asking which resort the bags were supposed to be going to, Swan OR Dolphin, lol!

I definitely read too fast sorry. However, Disney Life Lesson: never ever trust MDE Chat. They are wrong so often you’re better off asking a bus driver.

Who told you that BWV would not transfer to the Dolphin?

The only CMs that can provide you a correct answer are Bell Services CMs at your resort (BW) in this case.

Chat CMs from Disney or Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve, phone call centers, and other general CMs such as Disney Bus drivers are just guessing. Oh and that includes PlayDisney and other random Forums and blog sites.

The collective known as the DIS (right here) has the latest real life answers. Note: the Pop report has not been confirmed by multiple first hand customers.

Dave

Who told you that BWV would not transfer to the Dolphin?

The only CMs that can provide you a correct answer are Bell Services CMs at your resort (BW) in this case.

Chat CMs from Disney or Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve, phone call centers, and other general CMs such as Disney Bus drivers are just guessing. Oh and that includes PlayDisney and other random Forums and blog sites.

The collective known as the DIS (right here) has the latest real life answers. Note: the Pop report has not been confirmed by multiple first hand customers.

Dave
I was told that about an hour ago directly by a CM on the MDE app. There's also a PlanDisney post from Feb. of this year that states that the "official" answer is no, they won't transfer TO Swolphin because it's not an "official" Disney resort, but that the general consensus is that when you inquire at bell services, they'll do it for you.
Believe me, I know the DIS is the place to go for real info! 💕

That's pretty pompous on Pop's accord.
Here is how it all went down for our DISer in Dec

Dolphin will not transfer to Pop due to Pop being too difficult to drop off at
Pop responded when asked by PP that all luggage transfers use the same drop off location due to resort size

All a bit odd indeed and so far the only report we have of transfers either direction that won't happen.

I was told that about an hour ago directly by a CM on the MDE app. There's also a PlanDisney post from Feb. of this year that states that the "official" answer is no, they won't transfer TO Swolphin because it's not an "official" Disney resort,
My guess was one of those random sources lead you astray. Please re-read my post again for any clarification. There is no official answer posted online or available to any Chat CM. The PlayDisney is just again a random post be a Disney enthusiast.

The only official answer will come from your resort Bell Services CM on the day you want the transfer (just joking). Just ask a Bell Services CM at in point during your BWV stay.

Dave

My guess was one of those random sources lead you astray. Please re-read my post again for any clarification. There is no official answer posted online or available to any Chat CM. The PlayDisney is just again a random post be a Disney enthusiast.

The only official answer will come from your resort Bell Services CM on the day you want the transfer (just joking). Just ask a Bell Services CM at in point during your BWV stay.

Dave
PlanDisney is an official Disney planning website; the bloggers are hired by Disney Parks, so I'd assume they'd know.

You're so right, though, it'll probably depend on who I talk to that very day...and if I don't like their answer, I'll ask someone else. ;)

PlanDisney is an official Disney planning website; the bloggers are hired by Disney Parks, so I'd assume they'd know.
You would think so but no they don't know and their answers are not Disney Destinations Official or even PlayDisney Official answers. Here is what you should know about the panelists that reply on PlanDisney:

Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Cruise Line® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their planDisney participation.​
The views expressed on plandisneypanel.com are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.​

Dave

No, to belabor on the point, but I had initial problems with luggage transfer from the S/D to the poly. I just kept asking until I found someone that would say yes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter