Walt: The Man Behind the Myth Coming to video

lrodk

<font color=009900>No one is immune to the TF's in
As of tomorrow, Walt: The Man Behind the Myth will be available for purchase on VHS. In fact I saw it listed on Amazon.com for $16.99. If you didn't get a chance to see it orifinally, it seems that you'll have a second chance, either by renting or purchasing the video.

Is there a specific reason they are not putting it on DVD? I liked it and all but I won't buy the video because we don't watch videos any more.

Was This the show that was aired on AbC for two hours in September or is it soemthing else?

Yes it is...I can see very good reason not to put it on DVD. It may be becasue only 15% of US households have a DVD player.

More importantly, they probably aren't expecting to sell enough DVD copies to make it worth their while. While I would prefer a DVD so that it lasts longer, I would have no problem with the Tape. (Don't Watch VHS anymore? I bought a DVD player about 2 weeks after they were first for sale and not even I have managed that.)

If that is so then they would not be promoting DVD sales more then videos but videos are being thrown to the way side.

The Walt Disney Treasures are only being sold on DVD and video.

Only on DVD and video...thats cool...but what about us LazerDisk people j/k!

This release should be coming to DVD in the future with more material than what was aired on ABC. I read at one time they had to cut about 2+ hours of filmed material out of the version that was aired on ABC in order for it to fit within the "Magical World Of Disney" timeslot. So hopefully when/if the DVD is released we will get the uncut version. :)

I own a LaserDisk Player too. Just because George won't Realse the Star Wars Trilogy to DVD doesn't mean I'm going to suffer with sub-standard Sound Dolby Digital all the way. :)

At Any rate, the Man behind the myth may have lower DVD sales figures then say Snow White. I could be wrong, but that's my suspicion.

I could be wrong, but isn't the cost of producing a DVD much less expensive than other media forms? The problems come in when the producers/directors start wanting to add things - there is so much that can be done with a DVD its hard to put limits on it!

The thing is, they will wait to put out the dvd to give people the change to buy the video tape first. Then they will add the 2 hours they cut back out in, and put on a couple of other extras, and sell it to everyone again. Remember the Tarzan DVD? The first 8 "Limited Edition" DVD titles? The new volume 1 and 2 cds?

Besides honey, we taped it off A & E the other night :)

DR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter