Walt's Warriors (Team 7) Miles and Hours

Thanks Carrie! On Tuesday it was just a cold...so I went for it. By Wed it had gotten worse so I had to bail on my 3 miler. :headache: Oh well...like you said...it's better to wait than to do something stupid and get hurt or make myself worse! And I have to be better for my last race of the year on Sunday! It's only a 3 miler but it's still double miles!!!

2 miles in 30 minutes yesterday with Emma. She's slowly improving (geez- how did I not notice how out of shape she was?!) We came up with a "slide to slide" route- we run to one park and she goes down the slide once, then we hit the next park for one slide on the way home. I also told her about "fartleks" which she finds hysterical...;)

I came up with some new goals for running. This year is my just try to maintain and have fun year; next year I may try to work on my speed and see if I can PR in a half; the year after that, maybe Goofy again. I feel better having a plan.:thumbsup2

Keep up the good work, Warriors!

Jen in GA

Kate- lol. Sotming. What an appropriate word. We're due for 11" of snow. :p

Michelle - :wizard: Hope you are feelign better soon! GOod choice on teh 3-miler.

Barb - Hang in ther and SAfe travels!

Ken - God to see you!

Jen - I like the slide to slide runnuing plan!!! TOo fun!

Amy - SAfe travels!!! See you in 3 weeks. :-O

Tracy - Still chgging along. If it weren't for marathon trianing, we would NO be working out. SO, while January marathons are ill-timed for us northereners, at leasdt it keeps us going. :upsidedow

3.94 in 45 min last night. LIttle icy, but not bad. Tomorrow will be a challenge.

OMG, many of us will eb together 3 weeks from today. :O We'll miss Kate and Michelle, though. :guilty:

Carrie 11" of snow?!?!?! That's amazing! I'm going to be seriously sulking in three weeks seeing you all out there together. I'll be with you in cheerleading spirit. great work running in ice tho, that's tricky!

Jen that's an awesome plan, i agree it def helps knowing what you're aiming for. Emma's doing really well too, so good that she has such an encouraging mummy!

Michelle good move avoiding your 3miles when you're poorly- you take good care of yourself- we need the double miles :rotfl:

Tracy wonderful mileage as always, you are so brilliant at keeping us in line

Ken your week reports as so good! Well done keeping it up

Amy enjoy your hikes and i just know you'll do really well in the 1/2

Barbara so impressed by your times and distances- 87 minutes is outstanding :woohoo:

Lily sorry you didn't feel too good, glad you're on the up now

Jim wow-i can see why you get bored with those distances! We know you'll keep at it tho *** you're so determined.

Right- today 40 mins of exercises for legs and 30 mins running and stretching with physio torturer. Can i have dancing time from my work christmas party? There were some crazy moves going on!!! If so add on another 2 hours to weekly total of: 18.9miles, 249mins

I was going to do a "medium" run today, but I was really not that into it, so I turned it into a short interval run instead.

Ya' know........ sprint, puke, walk. Sprint, puke, walk, etc. etc.

After I was all done with the pukin' (Not really, but it felt that way) & walkin', I put in 3.75 miles in 37 minutes.

OK, how many Warriors are going to be a the MEET in Jan. I am thinking of getting us some small Walt's Warriors buttons. 2x2 inches...

What do you all think??

designall.jpg

Tracy

Sorry I have not posted or got to many miles in this week. I have been sick and miserable all week.
12-15 6.35 mile run 1:02
12-16 5.05 mile run 48 minutes
12-19 7.52 mile run 1:12
12-20 10 mile run 1:37
Merry Christmas everyone.:santa:

Roxy: Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hoping you get better soon esp before the big holiday!!

Tracy

Checking in from NC
Tracy Love the buttons I would love to have one for January

I would love a button too. How did I miss the pop thread meet when and where? Oh, boy am I losing it.:sad2:

tracy those buttons are lovely- ah count me out for jan (could i steal one for the princess run tho?). Great work as always and thanks for my facebook comment. Little warrior will have to be racking up some big miles between now and april!

Roxy so sorry you've not been well. You did brilliantly to get miles in at all, but hope you're feeling lots better.

Did my long run today... and it was a good one:cool1:. Started off by warming up for 10 on wiifit, then 9.3miles 87mins and finally 10 stretchy mins. So 9.3miles, 107mins. :banana:

Roxy: the WISH "official" meet is on Friday at the POP Century Food COurt Area. Starting at 4:30pm. Warriors try to get there a bit early to get your nametags (if you put your name on that thread before 12/23) and your Warrior Button!!

Kate: I'll save you one for March.!!
Michelle: I'll save ones for 2010 if us Warriors get to stick together!!

Tracy

Please let me know If you are going to be at the MEET!!!
-amy
-roxy
-me

Tracy - Shhhhhh...don't utter such words! We better get to stay together!!! :hug:

Double miles for me today! My last race of the year was today. A 3 miler in the rain...what fun! I still have my cold so I went with very low expectations. Just wanted to go and do it. But I finished in 35:11. That's a great time for me!

OMG! I forgot to mention that I did 13.10 miles today.
Time was 3 hours 13min and 52sec. I used the first mile as a warmup and did about 10 min cooldown.

Tapering Tracy

Happy Sunday Warriors!!

Before getting kidnapped by my DW to go shopping I put in 6.05 miles in 58 minutes.

Tomorrow (hopefully) will be a LR in some cold weather.

Good evening Warriors! Make this snow stop!!!!!! Yesterday I shoveled snow for 94 minutes. Today I did 10 miles in 149:14 minutes. Then it was back out to shovel for part two of the storm for 120 minutes. Needless to say, I am tired and I hurt. I keep think Florida on the 31st!!!!!!

Tracy, I won't be at the Pop Meet. I may be able to make the bakery meet on Monday.

Have a great week Warriors!!!!!

The buttons are really, really cute. I'm doubting we'll be able to make the POP meet though. :sad1: Emma will be in school that morning (so as not to be absent) and then we will haul it down. I thought about asking my mom to get my packet with hers since she can go earlier, but I don't want to freak her out since it's her first big race and she's never been to a packet pickup! :rolleyes1

Sorry for the rambling-- I did 8 miles yesterday in about 90 minutes. Emma went with me for the first mile, but was having a horrible stonker (couldn't take the cold- it was all of 59 degrees! :laughing: ) I dropped her off and kept going. I was kind of in stonker mode too, but I finished. I did find my recovery drink of eggnog with a touch of Baileys improved my mood. :thumbsup2

Hey Jim- is it cold enough for you?! ;) Sure we aren't shoveling snow, but I'm glad I already did my LR for this week!

Jen in GA

Happy Monday Warriors!!!!!

Today the weather was just freakin' AWESOME for running!!

I actually got out of the house when I planned, about 7:30. It was in the low 40's with intermittent wind gusts of 5-10 mph & only got up into the mid 40's by the time I was finished.

This was my last BIG LR prior to Goofy - 21.92 miles in 3:56. By & Large I was pleased with the pace. Not so much the last hour, but overall ok.

Now - the important question of the day - Does anyone take painkillers during the race? By the time I was through, my feet & hamstrings were insanely painful. I was shortening my run periods & increasing my walking periods just due to that reason. Aerobically I felt fine the whole time, but my feet felt like I was a North Korean POW.

I may do 1 or 2 more 10"ish" mile runs before Goofy, but today was it for "the big one".

:guilty: Weather took my 20-miler down to a 12.86 miler. 3 hours.

Really stunk. I have never felt cold to teh core, though adn that scared me. So, called it quits. Head nknows it was a wise move, but my heart feels like I failed. I know we'll be ok for marathon, though. We've put in some really tough miles.

Taper, here I come!

Kate - We will miss your smile too!

Jim - Misery loves company, right? SOrry about your stonker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter