WANTED - epal for my DS 10 yrs

snookhams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
My Ds, aged 10 is a great kid, well behaved, studious and polite, I've never had a problem with him at school and never a negative or bad comment on any of his reports, but, he doesn't seem to have any friends. Unfortunatly the children in his class are on the whole really badly behaved, except for a few, approx 7/8 and although they are quite friendly towards him he doesn't have any special friends, and is often bullied at school, as an example of how he is treated his 8th B/day party was a swimming one and had ad replies from children saying that they were coming but not one child turned up........... you can just imagine it waiting at the pool that we had hired and no one else there, this really hit him for six, and knocked his confidence greatly. He is so despserate for some specail friends, he has a couple of pen pals in USA, but it seems to take ages for replies to letters, does any one have any children that would like to be his email friend. He is really into swimming and infact we are just about to go to a Gala, and another one tomorrow, reading, his best subject is Maths and he also sings in the choirs at school and at our church. It would be really great to hear from anyone.............................

So sorry to hear that about your son. Kids are so cruel aren't they? So sad when you said no-one came to the party, how could their parents be so thoughtless too! I'm sitting here racking my brains trying to think of a youngster who could email him. I'll keep thinking, and meanwhile send {{{{{hugs}}}}}} to you, and to him.

I find it really offensive that no one turned up to the swimming party. We had one child not turn up to our daughters party and that really annoyed me. As planning these parties is so expensive, not to turn up is a real insult, don't you think?

I hope that you get things sorted out.

Simon

Sorry to read your thread Have sent you a pm
My son would be happy to be a epal:)

I have sent you a PM - hope this helps. Children can be so cruel at times can't they. Hope you and your DS enjoyed the swimming gala.

Awwww, that's such a sad story :(

Have you maybe tried asking on the Teen Board for a US e-pal? I know they do have a range of ages over there, not just teenagers :)

Good luck

Penny :)

I can't believe that no one turned up - how awful! You (and he) must have felt terrible.

If he'd like a girl for an epal I know DD ALexandra would love to, but she's onlygoing to be 9 in about 4 months. Is that a bit young for his street cred? Mind you it'd do a bit for hers! LOL

...... it must have been heartbreaking for you all. I really really feel for you and your son. Apart from anything else, if any of the parents had seen these invitations, they obviously don't possess any manners at all.
I appreciate how unhappy he must be right now - I've seen children quite ill from this type of thing - have you spoken to the school? Why aren't they doing anything about the bullying?
He must somehow be prevented from getting too depressed about his situation - and know that it is temporary and it will pass..
Since he is 10, he's due to leave the school isn't he?
I'd be happy to chat to you by e-mail or PM about this anytime. It is very hard on you too.

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} to you and your son.

Thank you all for your encouraging words and Daniel will be in contact with those that have made offers for him to contact their children.

We have had quite a good weekend, he got a first, second and fourth at the Gala which has really cheered him up, as he was swimming against children that had been training for a lot longer than he has, he's been training about 7 months.

Unfortuantly he is only in Y5 and has another year at school, I have spoken to the shcool on many occassions and saw the headmaster only this week, he is new and has only been at the school since Christmas, and he appears to be aware and dealing with the problems of bullying and bad behaviour, before his arrival we were without a head for over a year and the acting head (who was actually the deputy head) was usless, she refused to accept that there was any bullying going on at all in the school it was play fighting which Daniel was taking part in!!!! I called her a silly old cow, Daniel gave up Karate because it was too violent for him so I can hardly see him play fighting.

The best thing is he is really tall for his age 5', and is as tall as his teacher, but he is very reluctant to retaliate!!!, as it breaks one of the schools Golden Rules if you hurt another pupil in any way. Oh and guess what this is a Church of England School that we are talking about.......

AlisonB thanks for the offer Daniel would love to email your DD, send me an email at the address on my profile and he will contact her. He's so excited that people want him to contact them. Thanks.

Hi Snookhams - I couldn't email you - so you have a PM instead!

I just wanted to say how ashamed those parents should be, who didn't turn up for the party, have they no manners at all?? It's just unbelievable isn't it?

I have a Daniel too, but he is only 8, so a little young, he hasn't yet mastered the keyboard. My Daniel is also a bit 'different' to most boys, in that he is very well behaved, when most of them in his class are rude, bad mannered and just out of control. He seems to be coping with it OK, he has a great sense of humour and seems to cope by making a joke of things. He has a couple of boys he gets on OK with, thanks goodness, but I always worry that he may get upset but so far he has been OK.

I think it is quite hard for boys, if they enjoy working hard at school, as most of them seem to think it is 'cool' to misbehave don't they? I have had boys round to tea and I can't believe their behaviour, they have no respect for adults at all, they just ignore you or just laugh and carry on what they are doing.

Just be proud of the fact that you have a great boy there, and he will grow into a great adult, that is what I keep in mind, they may feel a bit unusual at this age, but it serve them well when they come to getting a job etc, so try to keep that in mind.

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to email me, as I know how you must be feeling.

Dear Daniel,

I would love to be your penpal.

But if I'm to young for you you can say no.

I'm 8 years old I've got blonde hair, blue eyes and I support Charlton.

I just want to say that I'm a girl and I'm also looking for a penpal.

Love from
Alexandra
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P. S Please try to write back. Thankyou.

:wave: :smooth: :pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter