Wanting to "sail forward"

pagemaker

Mouseketeer
This is somewhat of a strange question, so any help would be appreciated.

On our last cruise we had a family stateroom with verandah (6116) and loved the room with one slight exception. The bed was situated so that when sittting up in bed/sitting on the couch we felt as if we were "sailing backwards". In other words, our bodies were facing aft. Are all outside rooms set up like this, or are there others where the floorplan is flopped for "sailing forward" or facing port? If so, what are the cabin numbers?

Please let me know if I am making sense.

Deb

I asked this same question a few months ago. I cannot ride backwards on any rides at WDW without feeling sick, so I wanted to sleep facing "forward", or "feet first", so that if I sat up in bed, or sat on the couch, I would be riding forward. I have not yet cruised, but the answers I received basically said that the room layout flip flops from one room to the next... so if 6116 faces backwards, the 2 rooms on either side of you (6114 and 6118) will face forwards. You can look at the deck plans on the disneycruise.com website and look at the "indentations" in the walls of the room. For the category 6 rooms, the side of the room that is a solid line is the head of the bed and the sofa side, and the line that has indentations is the TV side, etc. Does that make any sense? I hope this helps! :)

That is true....the rooms mirror each other on either side. Even after sailing 7 times with DCL I never even realized which way I was facing in relation to the ships' movement.....very interesting....I will have to take notice next time!!!

MJ

I never thought about that either and I am concerned with motion sickness (we're very forward this time in 6014). Last time we were in 7054 and were sailing forward - it looks like our room this time is the same plan (I hope)!

5522 is backwards, head first. 5524 is feet first,

Thanks for the help!

We loved the location of 6116, especially on CC day when we got to see the CMs unload the supplies. That was a show in itself, and they had it down to a science. The kids loved it! Next time we will go for 6114 or 6118.

Thanks again,
Deb

It shouldn't matter as on a vessel of this size there is no feeling of acceleration, which usually causes the problems driving/riding backwards. BTW, we had 7622 last time and the bed was facing forward ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter