Warm Weather + Low Crowds = When?

Hello,

The majority of my DLP visits have been for my birthday which is Sept 11th.

Going generally the weekend closest to my birthday (usually the second on in Sept) has always proven to be a good choice.

Weather in September is mild with plenty of sunshine and even when it rains I have never bothered with a coat as it's over quickly and still fairly warm. Please note I prefer to be too cold than too warm but even so Sept weather can usually be relied upon for been decent.

Crowd wise, The kids are all back at school after summer and it's still a long while before half term. Couldnt be better.

:flower:

Jodie

We went the first week of October last year and spent the week in T'shirts, the Halloween decorations were up and the kids had great fun getting their faces painted and their hair done. Frontierland/Halloweenland was a big hit with something going on all the time and lots of spooky characters wandering around causing mayhem.
Arrived on Monday and it was reasonably quiet, by Tuesday/Wednesday the parks seemed empty, and then it started to fill up again on Thursday.
The kids had loads of interaction with the characters, you didn't have to fight your way through to get to them, my youngest got chased half way around Fantasyland by a group of penguins, which had us all in fits. :rotfl2:

I think I've managed to upload some pics, not our best ones, but they do show how quiet the park was in early October.
dlrp1.jpg

dlrp2.jpg

Face Painting in the giant pumpkin
dlrp3.jpg

Scary or what !
dlrp4.jpg

dlrp5.jpg

Somebody come and talk to me
dlrp6.jpg

dlrp7.jpg

dlrp8.jpg

:teeth: Great photos Jill - my favourite is Tic & Tac dressed up as ghosts!

We've had great weather on our 2 visits in june and have our fingers crossed for this June too. The crowds were low too. On the down side the park doesn't open late and there won't be any fireworks mid-week when we are there.

We've been in October too and it rained every day & was cold.

I would say that although the crowd levels will be low in October, the weather is pretty unpredictable. I think a mid-week in May/June would be best for low crowds and good weather. Just avoid weekends.

:wizard:

I'm pleased to hear that crowds are low in June as we're going then. :) Although we will be there over a weekend, which in hindsight probably wasn't a great idea! Although the first day and last two days of our trip will be on weekdays.

I went to DP at the end of June in 2003; it wasn't that busy at all but it was really hot! We found it a bit unbearable to begin with as we were staying in Santa Fe and this is the only hotel with no air conditioning. We didn't expect it to be so hot! Equally we didn't expect it to be so cold when we went back to DP the following February!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter