WARNING - Possible Pedophile at House of Blues Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to dissent - I think it was an overreaction. Pedophiles into voyeurism will generally discreetly take selective photos of kids in uncompromising situations - e.g. a child innocently bent over. Somebody openly taking random pictures of various people on public is far more likely creating photo essays, which is a popular form of art. The OP asked them to delete the photos and they did, which is consistent with that profile. Somebody up to no good most likely would’ve denied taking the photos.

Disney isn’t going to ban somebody for taking pictures of random people. That person could easily deny taking the photos - his phone/camera can be searched only by the police with a search warrant that can be obtained only if there’s evidence of wrong doing (and there isn’t).

Most likely, Disney’s response was simply to make the OP feel better. I doubt very much it’d go any further.

I don't agree. If someone was taking pictures of my kid ( 20!) you'd better believe I would be reporting them and following up!
I would not like it either but there really is nothing that really can be done about it. You cannot stop people from taking photos in public.

It is like the person who is carrying the AK47 by the school bus stop. We don’t like it but we cannot stop it.

I’m going to dissent - I think it was an overreaction. Pedophiles into voyeurism will generally discreetly take selective photos of kids in uncompromising situations - e.g. a child innocently bent over. Somebody openly taking random pictures of various people on public is far more likely creating photo essays, which is a popular form of art. The OP asked them to delete the photos and they did, which is consistent with that profile. Somebody up to no good most likely would’ve denied taking the photos.

Disney isn’t going to ban somebody for taking pictures of random people. That person could easily deny taking the photos - his phone/camera can be searched only by the police with a search warrant that can be obtained only if there’s evidence of wrong doing (and there isn’t).

Most likely, Disney’s response was simply to make the OP feel better. I doubt very much it’d go any further.
I watched what was going on, not an over reaction at all. It was NOT innocent. People sitting around us also noticed that this was NOT innocent. In fact, it was an under-reaction as we should have done more at the outset, but we were so shocked and disgusted that we wanted to leave immediately.

Deleting the pictures didn't really delete them, so the guy de-escalated the situation by letting me watch him delete them, but likely kept the pictures anyway since you can recover them.

The individual was taking pictures of a child in compromising situations (doing cartwheels, i.e. bent over). Your statement about pedophiles is a generalization and there are all kinds out there.

Disney takes this stuff seriously because it's bad PR for them. When Polk County runs a pedophile sting, it makes national news when Disney employees get caught, so yeah, not a good look.

I worked in a prison for many years the perps reaction is text book pedo behavior. He wanted the heat off him to de-escalate and get you and the attention away from him. He likely high tailed it after the encounter.

If he was a legit photographer or blogger etc he would have quickly explained that.

Yes he knew he could recover the pics from his trash and likely had scores of other girls which is why he didn’t want security or law enforcement near him.

From experience pedophiles are the nicest people you’ll ever meet, his response of “yes sir” is how they survive prison.

Only thing you could have done different is let law enforcement deal with him so they can get his identification for the report. This is likely what he was trying to avoid.

Nobody should be filming anyone’s under age child without permission. Anything else is a major red flag.

Sir, I think Chris Hansen would ask you to take a seat.

I watched what was going on, not an over reaction at all. It was NOT innocent. People sitting around us also noticed that this was NOT innocent. In fact, it was an under-reaction as we should have done more at the outset, but we were so shocked and disgusted that we wanted to leave immediately.

Deleting the pictures didn't really delete them, so the guy de-escalated the situation by letting me watch him delete them, but likely kept the pictures anyway since you can recover them.

The individual was taking pictures of a child in compromising situations (doing cartwheels, i.e. bent over). Your statement about pedophiles is a generalization and there are all kinds out there.

Disney takes this stuff seriously because it's bad PR for them. When Polk County runs a pedophile sting, it makes national news when Disney employees get caught, so yeah, not a good look.
8977B9E6-E3DD-4ABC-9187-EA1E157B129B.png

There's big difference between walking around DS taking pictures of all different things including people, and specifically photographing a single kid multiple times. According to the OP, this guy was doing the latter.

Taking pix of minors in compromising and unintentionally revealing positions is pedophilia. Not art, not innocent and likely enough for an arrest. Disney, OC and the area have a lot to lose if people get the idea their children aren't safe.

It's time to bring this discussion to an end. This thread is closed for any additional comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter