Was anyone at WDW around the week of April 24th this year??

Easter fell on April 11th this year. Was just wondering how crowds were the last week of April. We are thinking about planning a two week trip........last week of April and first week of May.

What does that sound like to you guys?? Would the first two weeks in May be better?? I know it would be a little hotter, though and I hate the heat.

Thanks for your replies. :wave:

We were there from April 20-25 this past year and it was great. Crowds were relatively low and the weather was to be expected in April. The only thing was, they were also having grad nights so the Magic Kingdom was only open late 1 night during our trip and of couse, that is when we went to see Spectro and Wishes and it was packed. Otherwise, I thought it was a great time to go!! Have fun.

Terri

We were there 4/24 to 4/30 and other than Monday the 26th the crowds were light. That Monday the schools had a day off, and the MK was very crowded, after a few rides we left and went to AK and it wasn't much better, got a fastpass for ITTBAB and went to do the Safari and there was a 45 min. wait. We ended up at EPCOT, had dinner PS's, and it was not crowded.

We were also there the 3rd week of May 2003 and the crowds were very light.

I think the trick is to miss Easter and get there before the schools are out. And April was cooler, and it only rained one day. In May we had light rain everyday, but only used our rain ponchos once.

We went April 24th through May 8th (did the 2 week trip as well) and it was wonderful - relatively low crowds and great weather (for Orlando). Because Easter is so early this year (March 27, 2005), we're planning on going again in mid April, 2005. Have to use those annual passes before they expire on the 24th!!!

I've also been to Disney the 2nd week of May, and I would have to say that the crowds were very similar.

Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter