Was Mattel gonna make a doll line for Pocahontas II Journey To A New World?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I read in my copy of Margo Rana's Disney Dolls that at the time Disney announced the release of Pocahontas II Journey To A New World on video Mattel was gonna release dolls based on Pocahontas II but although the movie came out Mattel never released the dolls and the Pocahontas II Journey To A New World doll line was to consist of two Pocahontas dolls wearing outfits from the movie including Pocahontas in her original outfit with a silk bag and the other Pocahontas doll was dressed in the ballgown from the Hunt Ball scene. The only indication that this series was going to be sold to stores was photos of these two dolls from Mattel themselves. I think that these dolls would've been rare to find if they existed in the first place because it seemed that Mattel did not give the entire Pocahontas doll series enough promotion and they became scarce to find. Mattel also did the same thing with the Color Splash Pocahontas doll line in 1996 by never releasing the whole doll series and only releasing the three dolls. What was the story behind the never released Pocahontas II dolls?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter