Watch Out Disney Here We Come!

Snickals

Australian Princess...in Training
This is my first time ever really planning ahead. Normally I 'wing it' or book fast passes the night before we go to a park but this year I am hitting the planning bandwagon! Obviously I can't do my fastpasses yet but I have managed to get some adrs. We will have 8 day non-hopper passes and be on the dinning plan. And my 5yr old dd and I will be staying onsite. I have never been a morning person, even at Disney so I doubt we will be doing all dayers (we normally are there at closing). I have been using crowd calendars to help me pick my days, which I am aware could all change. But so far these are my plans...

Day 1
Leave home 6.45am
Arrive Bris 7.40am
Leave Bris 11.20am
Arrive LA 6.30am
Hitchhike to WDW...or book flights...still to do ;)

Day 2
Recover from jetlag - resort day - disney springs?

Day 3
EPCOT (9am-9.30pm)
The Garden Grill – 1.05pm (CP Package)
Candlelight Processional 8.15pm
Illuminations 9.30pm

Day 4
Hollywood Studios (9am-7pm)
Hollywood and Vine; Disney Junior Play 'n Dine Lunch – 1.10pm
VIP Fantasmic – 7pm

Day 5

Animal Kingdom (9am-5pm)
Rainforest Cafe - 4.30pm

Day 6
Magic Kingdom (9am-10pm)
Cinderella's Royal Table – 12.50pm
Festival of Fantasy Parade – 3pm
Main St Electrical Parade – 9pm
Celerate the Magic – 9.45pm
Wishes Fireworks – 10pm

Day 7
Resort Day? - Disney Springs?
Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare – 7.45pm (not sure if we'll keep this)

Day 8
Animal Kingdom (9am-5pm)
Tusker House - 1.30pm

Day 9

Hollywood Studios (9am-7pm)
Hollywood and Vine (Minnie and friends) - 5.20pm
Fantasmic - 7pm

Day 10
Magic Kingdom (9am-12midnight)
Festival of Fantasy Parade - 3pm
Crystal Palace - 7.55pm
Main St Electrical Parade - 9pm
Celebrate the Magic - 9.45pm
Wishes Fireworks - 10pm

Day 11

EPCOT (8am-9.30pm)
Akershus Royal Banquet - 7.05pm
Illuminations - 9.30pm

Day 12
Check out of Disney :( And head off on the other half of our journey...

Last edited:
Sounds like a great plan. Planning can become infectious! We too ar not early morning starters, we are after all on holidays.! I've never used the crowd calendars for planning individual days befor so I'd be interested to know how well they worked out.

Where is the second half of your holiday taking you?

Where is the second half of your holiday taking you?

Not 100% sure yet. We were meant to head to Pennsylvania to visit family...but they are being pains in the hmmmm so would rather avoid the stress of any drama...holidays are meant to be enjoyable lol Am thinking of switching to offsite hotel and doing other Orlando stuff...or doing split stay and moving to another Disney resort, am looking into DVCs atm :)

Not 100% sure yet. We were meant to head to Pennsylvania to visit family...but they are being pains in the hmmmm so would rather avoid the stress of any drama...holidays are meant to be enjoyable lol Am thinking of switching to offsite hotel and doing other Orlando stuff...or doing split stay and moving to another Disney resort, am looking into DVCs atm :)

Agree you don't want drama on holidays, just fun!

If you are 4 months out now then DVC might be hard to come by but I have heard of people able to snag Late purchase of points so hopefully there are some out there if you choose to go that way.

Will you be going to Universal Orlando ? I can't recommend Diagon Alley enough even if you just have a passing interest in HP, it is fantastic.

Have been to Universal and seen the Harry Potter section...not a HP fan but enjoyed the butterbeer :)

I have been emailed about the DVC:
"We wanted to follow up with you again in regards to your reservation request for **** for ****. This request is still available however we have not had a member respond to secure this stay as of yet. We aim for a 24 hour turnaround time but this is dependent on our members responding to secure reservations, and their response times can be delayed."

Fingers crossed someone responds and we get the resort!

What resort are u staying at? Maybe add a few more days, so you have a couple of free days between the parks and spend that at the pool.
One day to go to the outlets?
How bout a 3 or 4 night cruise at the end to finish your trip

We are at a value resort, think we may just extend our stay there. Am looking at doing SeaWorld and maybe Universal (we prefer Seaworld to Universal) and some lazy resort time...and maybe a trip to walmart, cause 'merica lol

Was hoping to do dvc at AK but got the email this morning saying the first two nights are not available :(

Would love to do a disney cruise but dates don't line up....will have to add it to things to do next time ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter