Water for formula

Lynnmarie

Earning My Ears
I know that the water down in Florida is not that good (yuk) it has a funny taste to it. I have to make bottles for my infant, so my question is do they sell the flouride water down there so that I can make the bottles? Or do I have to buy and take it from home? It is heavy and takes up alot of room so I would rather not. If anyone can be of any help I would greatly appreciated.

We had the same question, and my DR gave me a prescription for fluride drops..so we can just buy bottled water.

I changed my baby over to ready to feed for just that reason. Besides I didn't know how I would carry all the formula and water I'd need in a day. What I ended up doing was calling enfamil and ordering a shipment of the 6 oz (maybe 8 oz) size of ready to feed bottles. I had it delivered to the hotel we were staying at and it was waiting for us when we arrived. We would just bring along as many bottles as we thought we'd need as well as the nipples and slips. It was a breeze to just open the bottle, put on a slip and nipple and feed the baby. After he was done, we'd toss out the glass bottle. Our load lightened as the day went on. At night, we'd just have a little bit to wash up. I know it's much more costly this way, but it worked great for us.

We can purchase Nursery water with flouride in the gallon jugs with a pink top at the SuperWalmart here, so I would think that you could at the SuperWalmart there. I don't know for sure, though.

32 days to go

We found that the Brita water bottle completely took care of the taste problem. If your infant is using tap water at home, the Florida water is just as safe-- it's just not as "tasty." :) My DH is very picky about this and was thrilled with the results from the Brita bottle.

Where can I purchase the Brita bottle? Is it expensive, since I would probably need a few of them? Also I am staying on Disney property and do not have a rent a car so we are looking to see if they sell this water on Disney property.

The product referenced above its the "Brita bottle filtration system" It looks like a sports bottle about 16oz and has a filter built into the top so you will only need one. Go to www.brita.com, choose usa, buy products and click on the link and you will see a picture and description as well as where to buy. Most supermarkets have it or a version of it in the bottled water aisle.

When you need water just fill the brita at the fountain and squeeze fresh water to drink or make formula. We used the divided holder for the powdered formula, playtex drop in's and had fresh bottles anytime, it was very convenient. It also helped that both dd's drank the formula room temperature to cool. I think a few days without the floride water would be ok but then my girls never had it at all.

If your renting a car you can go to a major grocery store and get what you need, as disney prices are very expensive. Have a wonderful trip.
TJ

yep, what she said! :D

You won't need more than one-- you just keep refilling that bottle and squeezing the water out! A filter lasts for months with regular use, so you'll only need one during your trip.

The baby centers have spring water dispensers - the kind with the large bottle of water that you put on top - (hope I'm explaining this the right way). You can dispense it hot or cold - so I brought my bottles with the powdered formula already measured inside and then went to the baby center to get the water. I used half hot/ half cold and it was perfect. Actually, I ended up staying in there to feed the baby because it is just so nice in there. If you haven't tried these out yet - I really recommend it. They sell everything you could possibly need in there, they have nice padded changing tables, restrooms, nursing rooms, highchairs, rocking chairs, etc. They have microwaves to heat bottles/baby food as well.

Another time when we weren't near the baby center I used cold bottled water (which I bought at the park) and I asked a counter service place for a cup of hot water and I let the bottle sit in the hot water until it warmed.

I'm not sure if you are driving or not, but we took 4 gallons (milk jugs) of water with us. I've heard too many people say that their child got sick, drinking a different kind of water while at WDW. So, we didn't chance it. We premeasured the amount of water she would need, based on her feeding schedule, and took an extra gallon JIC. We didn't even get to the 4th one, and we left it for our housekeeper! We thought she may enjoy some 'good old mountain water'! ;)

We used those handy single serving Infamil packets (found at Rite-Aid, I believe), which really cut down on weight and space of stuff to carry into the parks. Then, we filled bottles at the hotel and took them with water, ready to go. Of course, the baby was 10 mo old, and OK with cool formula, as long as she got some! And, we were relying 100% on formula at that point, so we didn't have as much to carry.

I highly recommend those Infamil formula packets though (enough for 4 oz). They cost THE EARTH, but really are worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter