• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water parks and Animal Kingdom

DisneyGirlMI

Also Cute and Fluffy!
Of all our many trips to WDW, this year is the first time we will be going to the water parks. I have a question about transportation. Both days we go we are planning to go to AK also (once before and once after). Are there busses that will take you directly to/from AK and the water parks, without having to go to a resort first? Sorry if this has been asked before. I don’t have the time to hunt through posts.

I believe you'd have to go to/from AK resort to get to/from the water parks. I do not think there is any park to/from water park transportation. You could take a Minnie Van/Lyft/Uber though.

They've changed it several times and I can't keep it straight, but Google maps (which has never steered me wrong) says that you have to transfer.

Thanks all. I did chat directly with Disney this morning and they said there are buses that run between the parks and water parks directly. She said that there is no need to transfer at a resort. I specifically asked if the is both ways (water park to theme park AND theme park to water park) and she said yes. So, now I am THOROUGHLY confused.

Thanks all. I did chat directly with Disney this morning and they said there are buses that run between the parks and water parks directly. She said that there is no need to transfer at a resort. I specifically asked if the is both ways (water park to theme park AND theme park to water park) and she said yes. So, now I am THOROUGHLY confused.
Disney phone center has no reliable knowledge of transportation. They're just giving out what they've heard, or their interpretation of what they can find on the Hub (the internal website.)

Unfortunately, Disney has never adequately trained cm's outside of Transportation on the details of transportation, and that includes Guest Relations and phone center cm's.

Never, ever trust information you get from a phone CM

Never, ever trust information you get from a phone CM
It was actually a chat session through the website. They have usually provided me with more accurate information than the phone CMs. So I don’t know what to believe.

It was actually a chat session through the website. They have usually provided me with more accurate information than the phone CMs. So I don’t know what to believe.
They're just as bad.

Never trust transportation advice from any non-transportation CM

Google maps has always been 100% reliable for me at WDW

When you're at AK, you can look at the bus directory and see if they have stops for the water parks. If they don't, you'll have to transfer.

Of all our many trips to WDW, this year is the first time we will be going to the water parks. I have a question about transportation. Both days we go we are planning to go to AK also (once before and once after). Are there busses that will take you directly to/from AK and the water parks, without having to go to a resort first? Sorry if this has been asked before. I don’t have the time to hunt through posts.
I don't believe Disney buses have ever taken guests from Animal Kingdom to Typhoon Lagoon. In my experience, the bus from Animal Kingdom went to Blizzard Beach, and the bus from Disney Springs went to Typhoon Lagoon. The two water parks are not close to each other.

This might not be necessary info as they might now go straight from the resort, but just fyi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter