Water shoes for all day in the park

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
What are your recommendations for water shoes in the park? My main concern is comfort as I'm used to the same type of shoe I've been wearing over 10 years and know my feet will hold up wearing those. But with this being our first time going during the really rainy season, they are not ideal, and are too bulky to carry around in a bag when it starts raining.

I'm not really a fan of the 5 fingers or Chachos. I'm looking for something more similar to a tennis shoe that could possibly double as athletic/running/workout shoes.

What are your footwear tips for the rain in the park?

We wear Keen's sandals. They handle the water well and actually have arch support. I don't know if most water shoes have good arch support. Plus, they look like they could make your feet sweaty once the sun comes out. I haven't owned water shoes in over a decade though, so they may be better now.

I'm also a big fan of Keens. I've worn mine for a day of rainy commando touring several times and have never had a problem.

We're also a Keens family. Love them! Just make sure you get the ones designed for water. I have a pair with a leather sole that I wouldn't wear if they were going to get wet. The water version has a rubber like sole. We wear the Keens more than running shoes, as your feet also stay cooler. My boys will wear them with socks if needed.

We're also a Keens family. Love them! Just make sure you get the ones designed for water. I have a pair with a leather sole that I wouldn't wear if they were going to get wet. The water version has a rubber like sole. We wear the Keens more than running shoes, as your feet also stay cooler. My boys will wear them with socks if needed.
Just bought my first pair a few weeks ago for a trip in the beginning of Sept. Wow, LOVE them so far.

I know you're concerned about the "rainy season," which I'm assuming is summer. Due to the humidity, it usually rains for a period of time every day (0.5-3 hours), but it usually doesn't rain all day long. I always just wore my Skechers Go Walk tennis shoes and never had an issue. I would bring a couple pairs of shoes (no matter what you bring) on your trip, though, just in case your shoes do get soaking wet and need to dry over the course of a day.

Just stick with the shoes you usually wear but bring 2 pairs in case one gets wet.

I have two pair of Mizuno Wave Paradox 2 shoes and I love them. The upper is mostly a few layers of a mesh like fabric, so they dry very quickly and still have the good support of an athletic shoe. They're made for major overpronators like myself, and have some of the best arch support I've found in a sneaker. I won't be getting any other brand from here on out!

I bought Keens Whisper, and because I am a blister queen, I did wear little socks with them, and applied body glide to my feet. They worked great, and I just removed my socks for the water rides and put them back on when shoes dried. Really liked them - and I have only worn my tried and true running shoes in the past. I was surprised how comfortable they were.

I usually wear sneakers (Brooks) but alternate with my Teva sandals for the rainiest days. I LOVE them. They are the Tirra style and hold up great for 3 mile days in the rain or heat. Unfortunately, I have to change shoes every couple days regardless of how good they are. Of course, we usually do 10 day trips and don't believe in non-park days. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter