Water shoes needed on Castaway Cay?

EMT-319

Mouseketeer
Are water shoes recommended when swimming at Castaway Cay?

When we took a Princess cruise (10 years ago) and stopped at their private island they were a must because 10 feet from shore the sandy beach became a very rocky beach.

I threw my old water shoes in the trash only a few days before we decided to book our upcoming March 16th Wonder cruise.

Less than a week to go! I had better start packing :eek: ...and maybe go buy another pair of water shoes !

if you don't mind my asking additional question--what about at St. Thomas & St. Martin------are they needed there? thanks!:D

I took and wore my water shoes the whole time at Castaway Cay...except when snorkling! I didn't encounter any rocks, however, on the adult beach, there were many unidentifiable creatures in certain areas that I just didn't trust:confused:

I figure they should be worn at all beaches, as the terrain can change in a matter of steps and having cut-up or stung feet on a cruise doesn't sound like much fun!

We also used ours the whole time on Castaway Cay...when you go to lunch or the bathroom those paths are HOT and I don't like stepping into any water without some type of foot protection on!

I wish that we had brought them on Castaway Cay. I had to carry my daughter when taking those narrow pathways under the palm trees that lead from the beach to the sidewalks. There were some sharp rocks in that area.
Ann

There are a great deal of broken up shells in the sand on the beaches on Castaway Cay. Water shoes are a definite need!

Thanks everyone - I'll stop at the store on the way home from work and pick up another pair.

Two-foxes - the "unidentifiable creatures" that you spoke about on the adult beach at Castaway Cay... ...they didn't happen to walk upright, on two legs... did they? :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter