water sports and rentals at Castaway Cay

nickglover

Mouseketeer
Going on first DCL cruise in November (4-day Wonder).

What is available to do/rent at Castaway Cay?

Would also appreciate approximate prices, if you can remember.

Thanks.

We've been there twice, last time we just paid the 32.00 per person for the snorkeling, biking and float rentals. We were on the Wonder afeter the cancelled Magic cruise and all other activities and the post office were shut down due to lack of cast members. We had a great time!!! Just rexaxing in the 88 degree weather the day before going back to the cold mid-west. I'd do it again.

Is that about it? Can you rent items separately (such as just the bikes) - I was planning to bring my own snorkel gear -

any sail boats to rent or anything else?

thanks

Nickglover,

You mentioned that you're bringing your own snorkel gear - I just wanted to mention that it's possible to rent just fins on Castaway Cay, even though that's not specified on the information sheet. We brought just snorkels and goggles, since the fins were too bulky to justify purchasing and schlepping all the way from home. We hoped to rent fins on the island, but Guest Services onboard the Magic said we wouldn't be able to, only the total package was available.

I'm glad we checked with the actual rental place on the island, because (of course) we were able to get just the fins for $9/pair, and we borrowed the required vest for free.

The snorkeling is pretty good - we saw a sting ray as well as lots of fish, and my DH had a great time exploring all the starfish at the adult beach. But the snorkeling on St. John was amazing!

Have a great cruise!

April

thanks very much for the added info - yes, fins are hard to lug around! - we are driving over from Tampa, so I will decide when we pack, but no airlines involved, thank goodness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter