Wave or Jungle Skipper?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I'll be on the Dining Plan. Which do you think would provide the better overall experience for a solo diner? I'm not interested in "themed" interactions/banter with my server a la 50s Prime Time which is a concern with JSC. How are the seafood dishes at The Wave?

I'll be headed to the MK for evening EMH and plan on an early dinner (6:00ish) beforehand. Alcohol will be involved :)

Thanks!

I recommend skipper canteen because the food is really good, and I'm sure you can let someone there know that you'd like a more mellow, less banter-y server.

Do u recommend a reservation for regular breakfast at the Wave in Contemporary?pirate:

I'll be on the Dining Plan. Which do you think would provide the better overall experience for a solo diner? I'm not interested in "themed" interactions/banter with my server a la 50s Prime Time which is a concern with JSC. How are the seafood dishes at The Wave?

I'll be headed to the MK for evening EMH and plan on an early dinner (6:00ish) beforehand. Alcohol will be involved :)

Thanks!

Both are good but my grouper at Skippers was delicious! I'd eat there again.

Thanks!
We have eaten Skipper's twice and never encountered any "themed" interactions to speak of. Food and service were very good.

Going to Skipper next week for the first time, so can't comment on that yet. BUT, The Wave is my favorite restaurant on property. It's a very chill vibe, so if you're looking to escape for a bit it might be a nice break. I've had steak, short ribs, and gnocchi over the years, and all were fantastic.

Food at JSC is very good and decor much more interesting than The Wave. I've never had any real jokey interactions with the wait staff at JSC. Certainly nothing like Prime Time. I wouldn't let that concern steer you away esp if you like the menu.

Thanks! I actually like the look of the menu at The Wave better but doesn't it change seadonally. I was interested in their scallops.

We really like the Wave. We ate at Skipper Canteen and it is good but we really enjoy the Wave - lunch and dinner. Although Skipper Canteen will be a better bargain since you are on the DDP.

Seafood is usually very good at The Wave although you are correct that they do tend to change their menu a lot. I can tell you though sometimes it does take a while for dinner. We were a party of 2 last time we had dinner there and even with an ADR we waited about 20-25 minutes to sit as it just happened to be a busy night (or word is getting out;)...then it took another hour and a half for dinner. We were going to try to make the Wishes fireworks that were ending but didn't. We had a 6:30 ADR and the fireworks were at 8:30 but it was just cutting it too close. If you want to spend more time in the park I would suggest Skipper Canteen as you will already be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter