Way Out Here, Eh? - A June 2019 TR *PTR Link Posted

What a wonderful day at MK, how nice to have more family to spend the time with!
The Rapunzel interaction sounded awesome for the kids.
I never knew you got a Pirates FP after doing the pirate adventure, very cool 😎
I’m glad the fireworks went on and the CM was able to propose to his girlfriend. We saw one during our dessert party in May on our Epic trip! Very nice.

It was quite the sight! The bride was in her white gown, and standing next to her was a girl dressed in a Belle ballgown. Bright yellow and poofy and everything...

I cant with this, haha! I dont know but even imagining it is making me laugh!

Before the trip, my mom asked that I try and score additional passes for Jungle Cruise and Pirates since those were two of her must-do’s for the Magic Kingdom. I managed to snag us all passes for Jungle Cruise and decided to get Pirate passes via the Pirate’s Adventure.

Nice! How was the Pirates Adventure? I was looking it up and it looks pretty cool, i wonder if the girls would like it.... and if you still get FP haha!

It also amused my mom to no end that we started our day witnessing a wedding the garden and ended it with a proposal. Love was in the air!

haha! I am still think about the bride and the girl in the belle dress!

The kids passed the time waiting by dancing and moving around our table:

Evie looks to cute here!

A bit annoying it was pushed back, but i am a fan of desert parties in general, they are a bit pricey but they make for a less of a crowed and issues for viewing... even if you have a run for cover CM!

As you can see, one member of the family had reached her limit. She was tired and sick of being wet. We needed to get her back to the resort and dried off. Another Disney day was in the books!

OH Evie!!

To which he replied with: “You want to sit HERE? Why?”

Uhm.

Someone should tell him Disney is exhausting and sometimes you just need to sit exactly where you are lol

Alex asked the kind CMs working if they could get three extra passes for us and they were happy to oblige. Looked like everyone was going on Pirates later!

Awesome! Never thought to do that before!

I believe it was @StarWarsMomofGirls! that forewarned me the Fastpass line for Jungle was as bad as standby lately, and she wasn’t wrong.

It is always so crazy there now and I'm not sure why! During our fall trip, the standby wait was 75 minutes so one of the skipper's made an announcement "If you're in standby, your wait time is 75 minutes. If you're using a fastpass, your wait is less than 75 minutes" :rotfl:

And as I was talking about it I went, “Oh, dang, I need to put my hand down. There’s a Photopass picture in here now.”

Which meant….

:rotfl::rotfl:

No exaggeration in this story. He literally threw his arms up in the air and turned tail and ran.

:rotfl::rotfl:Poor guy. Must've been his first time dealing with a storm.

There was a part of me that wanted to point out that I’d much rather see something joyous happening than the now-normal commotion of parents fighting over kids on shoulders or ipads blocking views or sidewalk territory.

100% agreed.

My mom and I also couldn’t help but think about what those rain delays were doing to that poor guy’s nerves!

Seriously! Poor guy was probably sweating!

Sounds like you had a lovely day/evening at MK despite the thunderstorms!

Lol at the CM encounter with your mum :laughing:

Aaw that proposal sounds sweet but yes, bet the CMs nerves were through the roof with the delays etc!

I am really enjoying your trip report and reminiscing about the days when I took my kids to Disney at that age! My son (who is 22) is at Epcot with his girlfriend on their first solo trip right now and I am so sad I am not with them! Keep making those memories with your wonderful kids!

What a fantastic day! I didn't know you could get PoTC FiPs for the Adventures!

I think it's a good thing you sent MiMi back home before things got to crazy! Yikes! Had to chuckle over the "run for your life" scene. LOL! Glad the show went on though. With a bonus proposal no less. :love:

I love the Pulled Pork sandwich here, and my mom and I decided to share the meal in order to save room for dessert later that evening. The kids were predictable and got Uncrustables with grapes.
The pulled pork is great at Captain Cooks. Have you ever tried the nachos?
My favorite land in the MK!
Mine too!

We ran back to the exit and encountered a petrified young Cast Member at the rope. When my mom walked up, about to ask to be let out, the poor fellow shouted, “You’ve got it!” and fled.
oh my gosh.....what were you suppposed to do???
And eventually, at 9:30 I want to say, the speakers announced the show was starting in fifteen minutes. My mom and I heard the thunder growing fainter and saw on the weather radar that the worst bands were past. So we threw our rain gear back on and went back out to the garden.
You were well prepared!
It turns out, a Cast Member was proposing to another Cast Member and they had their entire family and many, many CM friends with them for the big surprise.
It was really sweet to see such a special moment and witness the excitement and happiness in the air. Buttttt, us and everyone else in the area missed the end of the show.
:love::love:

Jungle Cruise and Pirates are 2 of my classic favorites. It's great you got to do both all together. I'm sorry the rain effected your HEA party but that really is the best way to guarantee your spot and have a great place to wait out the rain. I really want to do another party. I think it was special you got to see a wedding and a proposal in one day.

Smart idea using the Pirates Adventure to get Pirates FPs!

That stinks that the storm rolled in before HEA! But sounds like noone was more scared than that CM! hahaha I'm glad the show didn't get cancelled.

Aww that's sweet getting to see a proposal! I'm sure the guy was a nervous wreck!

One of my least favorite parts of parenting. I'm trying to loosen the reigns now that they're getting older, but from the time the girls trained at 2 until at least 4.5 years old, "I know you don't have to go but we're all going to try" should have been tattooed on my forehead for as much as I said it.

The rule of thumb at our house is everyone has to try to go before we leave, but we've gotten spoiled with the kids when we're out and about. They're little camels and rarely ever have to go. It's one of the few things I'm grateful for when it comes to flying. An eight hour international flights only requires 2 bathroom treks. :rotfl:

I must say, the HEA dessert party sounds so much better when there's a storm. You had a dry place to retreat to with unlimited food and guaranteed viewing when the show finally started.

Without a doubt, we would have scrapped the fireworks viewing and left had we not had the terrace to sit under.

I love her grumpy photos so much, thank you for always sharing them!

Evie's grumpiness is part of her character. :rotfl2: We figured out a long time ago that she's going to be very expressive and vocal when she's unhappy.

Was the Jungle Cruise a lucky 4th or do you have secret ways? I never knew about the Pirates scavenger hunt, either!

We all managed to grab Jungle Cruise as a 4th pass!

I never knew you got a Pirates FP after doing the pirate adventure, very cool

It's a nice way to explore Adventureland and get on Pirates. :goodvibes

Nice! How was the Pirates Adventure? I was looking it up and it looks pretty cool, i wonder if the girls would like it.... and if you still get FP haha!

My kids really enjoyed it, and they liked they got to keep their cards at the end of the game. Free souvenir! :rotfl:

they are a bit pricey but they make for a less of a crowed and issues for viewing... even if you have a run for cover CM!

I have a feeling I'm always going to have to plan and prepare for us to pay the extra to do a dessert party when we take family trips. They really are worth it when compared to the hassle of trying to get a good viewing spot.

Someone should tell him Disney is exhausting and sometimes you just need to sit exactly where you are lol

The guy must have been new and not used to seeing a lot of people sitting down and taking a rest. That or he really didn't think much of that little nook between Adventureland and Frontierland. :laughing:

Poor guy. Must've been his first time dealing with a storm.

That's what we guessed. A FL thunderstorm can be pretty scary to anyone who hasn't experience them before.

Sounds like you had a lovely day/evening at MK despite the thunderstorms!

It was great to be able to spend the day with so many family members. And we all seemed to have a fun time, so I couldn't have asked for anything more.

I am really enjoying your trip report and reminiscing about the days when I took my kids to Disney at that age! My son (who is 22) is at Epcot with his girlfriend on their first solo trip right now and I am so sad I am not with them! Keep making those memories with your wonderful kids!

Thank you for reading! I'm very grateful that I can take the kids to Disney and watch how they approach the parks differently as they age. It's been fun getting to witness them grow and change from trip to trip.
It's hard to watch family members go to Disney while you're at home! My mom went to the parks a few years ago with some friends, and I was more jealous than I thought I would be. I pulled up her photopass pictures every morning to see what she had done, and remember thinking, "Man, I wish I could be doing that right now." :rotfl:

Say whaaat? I had no idea this was a thing!

Yes! I can't remember where I heard about this, but it's a great activity to utilize if you have free time in the MK. It allows you to explore Adventureland and frees up a FP on the app.

What a fantastic day! I didn't know you could get PoTC FiPs for the Adventures!

It's an awesome activity to get you to look around Adventureland. Definitely something I'd recommend if you have some spare time in the MK and want to ride Pirates.

The pulled pork is great at Captain Cooks. Have you ever tried the nachos?

You know, I think I must have gotten a bad batch. I tried it a few years ago, because I had seen so many positive reviews, but mine was mediocre. I need to try it again and see if I got it on an off day.

that really is the best way to guarantee your spot and have a great place to wait out the rain. I really want to do another party.

I never considered having shelter from rain as one of the perks of paying for a party, but now I definitely consider that one of the many benefits. I need to try one of the other parties next time to see how it compares to the HEA one.

Smart idea using the Pirates Adventure to get Pirates FPs!

That stinks that the storm rolled in before HEA! But sounds like noone was more scared than that CM! hahaha I'm glad the show didn't get cancelled.

Aww that's sweet getting to see a proposal! I'm sure the guy was a nervous wreck!

The kids had fun completing the Pirate adventure, and I appreciated the break so it was definitely a win!

Oh man, that kid was so scared. There's nothing like your first Florida thunderstorm to put the fear in you. :rotfl2:

It's an awesome activity to get you to look around Adventureland. Definitely something I'd recommend if you have some spare time in the MK and want to ride Pirates.
Oh, don't get me wrong! We've done several of them, I just didn't have any idea you could get a FP for doing them. Huh!! Thanks for that tip!

What a fabulous day! 2 grandmas for everyone to enjoy must have been such a treat for you all! I didn’t know about the fastpass loot from the pirates scavenger hunt. I did it years ago with my youngest but can’t remember all the details except that we had a lot of fun and he still has the cards in his bedside drawer :goodvibes
The dessert party was a brilliant way to end your day and you almost got more out of it thanks to the rain ( extra eating time lol). Love that you saw a proposal too:love:
Evie always makes me smile with her wee grouchy face photos. She really it’s the cutest wee girl 😍

I agree. HEA is freakin' awesome in sooo many ways!

I do still miss Wishes, but I think the kids remember HEA better and therefore I appreciate the new memories made with this show. :goodvibes

I just didn't have any idea you could get a FP for doing them. Huh!! Thanks for that tip!

It's nice not to have to use one of your three FPs for it.

I didn’t know about the fastpass loot from the pirates scavenger hunt. I did it years ago with my youngest but can’t remember all the details except that we had a lot of fun and he still has the cards in his bedside drawer :goodvibes

Funny how the kids will keep something as simple as cards. I haven't told Landon about the Sorcerer of MK game out of fear we'll have paper cards everywhere in his room. :rotfl2:

Evie always makes me smile with her wee grouchy face photos. She really it’s the cutest wee girl

I can always depend on Evie to tell me the truth on whether or not she's having fun. One look at her face and I know if it's time to pack up and leave. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter