Way Out Here, Eh? - A June 2019 TR *PTR Link Posted

Oh my gosh, what an ordeal to get to the US! I hope your next trip is more stress free. I enjoyed reading about your time on Disney property! One of the great things about Disney is there's fun to be had without going into a park. Sounds like you made the most of your time and enjoyed some good treats. I think the Swan/Dolphin are in a great location. I've been considering the Swan just for that reason. If it's just the DH and me, I could live without the Disney touches. Welcome back to the Dis - hope you'll share some wedding photos too!

Love the recap. Sounds like it really was worth the hassle. A resort only trip sounds just perfect.

So glad you had a wonderful time on property! And so happy you made it to the states to see your family, I am sure that was nothing but amazing!!

I am so glad you got to spend time with your family AND experience a tiny taste of Disney! It's so fun to have some tentative plans! I hope things safely open up a lot more in the very near future!

Thank you! And congrats on your trip next summer. Disneyland Paris is a beautiful park and fun to experience as a WDW fan. And summer really is the best time to visit England. The sun and clear skies almost make up for the rainy and windy winters. :rotfl:

I don't have any websites, per say, to help with traveling overseas. What I typically do when I'm traveling to a new area is go to Pinterest and search for "Day Trips to ____" or "Best Activities in ____" There are hundreds of blogs and articles where people talk about the highlights of any given place. Sometimes, if I'm looking for an easy outing, I'll search for kid-friendly walks or hikes, just to get a slower paced list of places.
I'm sure this could also work for little details, as well. "What you need to know before traveling in Europe."

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I remember how confusing it can be to land in a new place. My best advice would be to download a google translate app, that way you can scan menus or street signs or train ticket windows for translations (when you're in DLP). Also, make sure your electronics are compatible up to 240 hertz. (it's 220 for Europe and 240 for the U.K.)
Thank you so much for the ideas!

I have an update! Finally! More than two years since our last trip, and I actually have some Disney-related content to talk about again. Hooray!
YEAH!!!!

pportunity to remind myself that magic is waiting for me…no matter how long it takes me to return, I am hopeful I can stay up to date on here once more.
I still go through waves of wanting to read about everyone's trip and then getting depressed.

It is summertime, and so I cannot promise there won’t be gaps between comments, but hopefully you all understand. The kids are growing up so fast, I don’t want to miss it by being on my laptop all day
And that too! We are still not doing too much but I feel like I have no time with the girls being off from summer. And they DO grow up WAY too fast!!! Gwen turned 11 on monday! We are watching the Olympic Cerimonies together this morning.

Oh, you better believe it. ::yes::
I have been dreaming of a trip sooner than later.

I would fill out a hundred passenger locator forms, get called every day to make sure we weren’t breaking quarantine, allow all the acne breakouts from sweating under a mask in order to see my parents again.
Really?! Was that more the miltary base? Or the Country? Kind of makes us sounds like a joke...

The kids got to play with all their cousins, my mom had her children together for the first time in eight years, and the wedding was beautiful.
It really must have been amazing!!!! to see your family!

It was peanut butter and chocolate, and the best part was we saved one and brought it all the way back to England with us. There’s nothing like overcoming jetlag and post-vacation blues by eating a Disney snack.
OMG, I think I would have bought Tons of snacks to bring back! I mean I probably will when we do finally go.

The pulled pork sandwich was tasty, but the winner of the meal was the barbecue cauliflower. It was so, so good! I almost ordered a second serving, because I enjoyed it that much.
Glad you liked it better the second time going.

I got the peanut butter cold brew coffee:
I also want to go to Gideon's just for this!

Do we wish we could go back for a legitimate trip? Oh, the desire is real.
So REAL!!!! I was just plotting a trip for us, for Thanksgiving. But we just can't do it until Gwen gets vaccinated.

Tentatively, Alex and I are planning a Christmas 2022 trip,
That would be amazing! We are tentatively booked for Feb. 2022. And that seems so far away! But Christmas will be a magical time to come back. What ages will the kids be then?

not knowing when I would step foot on WDW property again. My heart just was not in it.

Totally get that. I too went through a very dry spell until I could go again early this year.
but hopefully you all understand. The kids are growing up so fast, I don’t want to miss it by being on my laptop all day. (Even though they would happily ignore me to go play in the park by our front yard.)

:hug:
Enjoy it all.
Was it worth it?

Oh, you better believe it. ::yes::
:goodvibes

Alex and I got a date night on WDW property!
:banana:
Although, I will say that having the balconies at a ninety degree angle caused some curious scenes for Alex and me. Folks forgot that if the shades were open, people had direct views into their room….:poop::rotfl:

OH dear!! Curious I'm sure!! LOL!

but the winner of the meal was the barbecue cauliflower.

Oh, I'd get that!!! Need to remember this for a snack!

And oh my goodness, it was amazing! By far, my favorite treat. I regretted not ordering two and kept telling myself not to slurp it down too fast.

100% on my list for next trip! Can't wait to try it.

but the real surprise was the pistachio toffee.

That's what I got for my first one and am so happy I did. It gets the best reviews and is the one most people say to try first.

Stay safe, my friends. I’ll be hanging around on everyone’s reports and pondering the appeal of starting a PTR for 2022.

So happy you popped onto mine and we'll see you there and here, Alicia!

Oh Alicia it all just sounds so perfect and emotional and, well, perfect! Even with all the hoops. I am so glad you got to be with your family for your brother's wedding. I'm sure there was a lump in many a throat when you guys arrived home :hug:
Love the recap of all your highlights. We are still hoping to go again in 2022 or if not 2023 but really, really hope it's 2022. 🤞
I love the location of the Swan but now for the most important question- how do you make your ziti? Seriously, I am beyond bored with my own cooking and while I had a couple takeaways last week while my daughter was in hospital waiting on the gorgeous Sophia to be born (like you she has a boy and a girl ), I let my sons choose and 1 night they picked McDonalds :crazy2:. So for the love of me please share your recipe. I'll even share some of mine if you want though did I mention I'm bored of them:rotfl:
I love that you brought treats home. We do that too. It definitely eases the jet lag and the pain of the trip being over.

Oh my gosh, what an ordeal to get to the US! I hope your next trip is more stress free. I enjoyed reading about your time on Disney property! One of the great things about Disney is there's fun to be had without going into a park. Sounds like you made the most of your time and enjoyed some good treats. I think the Swan/Dolphin are in a great location. I've been considering the Swan just for that reason. If it's just the DH and me, I could live without the Disney touches. Welcome back to the Dis - hope you'll share some wedding photos too!

Alex and I commented that by not going into the parks, we were actually able to relax and enjoy the resort. I definitely saw the appeal of doing a resort-only stay, and I will probably advocate for more of them in the future if we've gone into the parks recently.

The Swan really is just as close as the Boardwalk and Yacht/Beach and cost much less!

I don't have any of the professional pictures from the wedding, so only have these phone snaps to share.

The kids and their cousins:

My parents after the ceremony:

Alex and I after the ceremony:

Alex was one of the groomsmen, Evie one of the flower girls, and Landon held the bride's train:

And my brother (the groom) during the mother/son dance:

Love the recap. Sounds like it really was worth the hassle. A resort only trip sounds just perfect.

Now that I've seen how relaxing a resort stay can be, I would love to plan one at a later point in the year after I've visited the parks.

So glad you had a wonderful time on property! And so happy you made it to the states to see your family, I am sure that was nothing but amazing!!

I'm so grateful I got to go back and visit family! I love living overseas, but I never imagined I'd have to wait two years to return to Florida. Hopefully, I'll be able to return sooner next time.

I am so glad you got to spend time with your family AND experience a tiny taste of Disney! It's so fun to have some tentative plans! I hope things safely open up a lot more in the very near future!

The poor kids want to go back to Disney so much. I hate that we're kind of missing the golden age to take them, when they're still young enough to believe in the magic and still want to hang with their parents, but old enough to not need strollers and naps. Ah well, at least whenever we do get to return it'll almost feel like a brand new experience.

I still go through waves of wanting to read about everyone's trip and then getting depressed.

It's a constant battle of wanting to stay up to date on all the new changes but not wanting to make yourself sad seeing all the stuff you're missing. I understand the struggle!

And they DO grow up WAY too fast!!! Gwen turned 11 on monday! We are watching the Olympic Cerimonies together this morning.

Oh my gosh! I feel like Morgan was just 11 in your reports. That's crazy! All these DIS kids...practically grown up and not so little anymore. 593471

Really?! Was that more the miltary base? Or the Country? Kind of makes us sounds like a joke...

These were England's rules. They were in a lockdown that did not allow leisure travel outside the country (wedding's counted as essential) and each foreign country is assigned a "level." Green, amber, and red. Because the U.S. is on the amber list, they required a ten day quarantine upon return and a day 2 and 8 day pcr test. Both the U.S. and the U.K. required tests before the flights, as well.

Fortunately, just this week the U.K. lifted the ten day quarantine for U.S. residents, so if I do decide to go back for a race next spring, I won't have to contend with that again. (That was my biggest setback.)

Now, as far as the base goes, for a long, long time our trip depended on Alex being allowed to leave. His work did not want to grant him leave and then potentially lose him for an extra two weeks if he popped positive before the flight back. Fortunately, his boss was big on family and because we were going back for a wedding, the trip was allowed. If it was just for a vacation....ehh, I'm not sure it would have been.

I also want to go to Gideon's just for this!

I seriously cannot wait to go back and get another one!

So REAL!!!! I was just plotting a trip for us, for Thanksgiving. But we just can't do it until Gwen gets vaccinated.

I understand. I'm planning Dec. '22 because I feel like Landon will be vaccinated by then.

That would be amazing! We are tentatively booked for Feb. 2022. And that seems so far away! But Christmas will be a magical time to come back. What ages will the kids be then?

Landon will be 10 and Evie 7. Wowza, I hadn't thought about that until just now. Talk about a jump in ages between trips. (In 2019, they were 6 and 3.) We'll go from rider swaps to them being able to go on everything! (Landon already can and Evie just can't do RNRC.)

Oh, I'd get that!!! Need to remember this for a snack!

It was delicious. The barbecue was a little on the sweet side, but fortunately they didn't saturate the cauliflower with it so I didn't mind. It is definitely be on my "order it again" list.

100% on my list for next trip! Can't wait to try it.

I regret not ordering two of them and saving one for later!

It gets the best reviews and is the one most people say to try first.

I was worried it was going to be too sweet, even though the chips were dark chocolate there was a lot of them. I'm happy I was wrong!

I am so glad you were able to make it back home. Sounds like you had a great trip.

The trip was great and like all good vacations, it felt too short! Hard to believe it was only a month ago.

Even with all the hoops. I am so glad you got to be with your family for your brother's wedding. I'm sure there was a lump in many a throat when you guys arrived home :hug:

It was a special time for everyone, and my brother even thanked us at the ceremony for coming all that way.

Love the recap of all your highlights. We are still hoping to go again in 2022 or if not 2023 but really, really hope it's 2022.

I sure hope you can! Will it be the whole family? I hope so, because you have to get Sophia over for her first Disney trip. :goodvibes A granddaughter to take and experience the magic with, how amazing would that be. And now, surely, Matthew will be willing to pose with characters. I mean, he can't deny a niece AND nephew. :rotfl2:

how do you make your ziti? Seriously, I am beyond bored with my own cooking and while I had a couple takeaways last week while my daughter was in hospital waiting on the gorgeous Sophia to be born (like you she has a boy and a girl ), I let my sons choose and 1 night they picked McDonalds

Kids and their McDonald's...Landon and Evie would try and pick the same. :confused3

My ziti is certainly not the healthiest, just a forewarning. It's half a jar of marinara, alfredo sauce (I make mine with whipping cream, parmesan, butter, and garlic) mixed with gouda (65g) and riccotta (65g) and penne noodles. On top I put mozzarella. It makes about 8 servings. Alex likes when I include ground sausage.

'll even share some of mine if you want

Please! We're big chicken and veggie people, so if you have any side dishes or seasonings you like, I'd love to hear them. I feel cooking can be so monotonous at times.

Your photos from the wedding are absolutely gorgeous!
Thank goodness Alex's boss is big on family!
A 2022 Christmas trip sounds amazing. We had originally planned that with my daughter and her family but now that an extra wee one has joined them we may leave the Christmas trip for a couple years and just do a summer one with just us 4 either 22 or 23 (please be 22, please please please lol).

I sure hope you can! Will it be the whole family? I hope so, because you have to get Sophia over for her first Disney trip. :goodvibes A granddaughter to take and experience the magic with, how amazing would that be. And now, surely, Matthew will be willing to pose with characters. I mean, he can't deny a niece AND nephew. :rotfl2:
The Christmas trip will be all of us and you bet I'm holding Matthew to that character photo :rotfl:
We are trying to find out what way his exams will be scheduled as that will take precedence as he's now at the stage that they matter for future university applications :scared1:. Nicky and family spend every other Christmas with us so if it's not 2022 it will be 2024 but we will definitely visit in the summer before then. We can't wait to be there for both Lucas and Sophia's first trip and sure it makes life a lot easier for them to have many more hands to help. Excited even thinking about it :love:
My ziti is certainly not the healthiest, just a forewarning. It's half a jar of marinara, alfredo sauce (I make mine with whipping cream, parmesan, butter, and garlic) mixed with gouda (65g) and riccotta (65g) and penne noodles. On top I put mozzarella. It makes about 8 servings. Alex likes when I include ground sausage.
This sounds so good. We used to love Alfredo's (tutti italia) sausage ragu cavatelli so I'm guessing we'd love this.
Please! We're big chicken and veggie people, so if you have any side dishes or seasonings you like, I'd love to hear them. I feel cooking can be so monotonous at times.
Joe wick's chicken pie is a favourite here though I have to confess to using ready rolled puff pastry instead of the filo sometimes even though it's less healthy. Sometimes its just good to be bad :rotfl:
I'll photograph some other favourites later and send them to you just as soon as I shift my lazy butt from this chair and get moving :rotfl:

Alex and I commented that by not going into the parks, we were actually able to relax and enjoy the resort. I definitely saw the appeal of doing a resort-only stay, and I will probably advocate for more of them in the future if we've gone into the parks recently.

The Swan really is just as close as the Boardwalk and Yacht/Beach and cost much less!

I don't have any of the professional pictures from the wedding, so only have these phone snaps to share.

View attachment 593466

My parents after the ceremony:
View attachment 593467

Alex and I after the ceremony:
View attachment 593468

Alex was one of the groomsmen, Evie one of the flower girls, and Landon held the bride's train:
View attachment 593469

And my brother (the groom) during the mother/son dance:
View attachment 593470
Thanks for including the photos! So great you were able to be there for your brother's big day!

Been a good option that I should try sometime. Especially with Disney prices getting out of control.

Awwww! What a sweet picture! :cloud9:

It was delicious. The barbecue was a little on the sweet side, but fortunately they didn't saturate the cauliflower with it so I didn't mind. It is definitely be on my "order it again" list.

Mmmm!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter