WDW Annual Pass Timing Speculation

I kept track of Disneyland’s first resumption of sales. It lasted 31 hours. But on the second release they closed sales each evening and started again in the morning. I did not track how many days on each pass type on the second release. So, I think they might apply some “lessons learned” and just do daytime sales for WDW too.
What time in the morning do they start selling?

The 2030 year is for system/IT purposes. It keeps the ticket 'alive' in the ticketing system so there is a record of ticket.
Disney IT, that’s a good joke. Disney doesn’t have IT, doesn’t seem like they ever have, they have a few people who stayed at a Motel 6 last night. Seems like they spend a lot on lawyers though.

Since the sales are online I don’t see how they can have upgrades :(
I am a DVC member with tickets purchased for May. I called Member Services and they said on April 13th, when I go online to look at my tickets there will be an option online to 'upgrade tickets' and the annual pass will be there.

I didn't ask how the Memory Maker will work since I already purchased it for $169 or whatever and with the AP I would be able to get it for $99. That is something I will try and deal with in person. We will see how Disney IT holds up on the 13th.

I am a DVC member with tickets purchased for May. I called Member Services and they said on April 13th, when I go online to look at my tickets there will be an option online to 'upgrade tickets' and the annual pass will be there.
I also have tickets for May (9 day Park Hopper Plus). In MDE on my phone and on the website, there is no option for "Change Ticket," just "Reassign Ticket." Anyone have any idea why that might be? For example, if I wanted to add an additional day, there doesn't appear to be any way to do that.

I also have tickets for May (9 day Park Hopper Plus). In MDE on my phone and on the website, there is no option for "Change Ticket," just "Reassign Ticket." Anyone have any idea why that might be? For example, if I wanted to add an additional day, there doesn't appear to be any way to do that.
It may be how you purchased. I purchased directly through Disneyworld.com and I have a 'Change Ticket' option on MDE and on the website.

I saw someone on Reddit mention that they heard this from a CM on the passholder hotline as well. Crossing my fingers that this is the case!
Really hope this is true. I’m not DVC, so I guess will see if it works when their sales begin. Would be a good sign for the general on sale.

They changed it after they brought back passes after covid. If you have a pass that was purchased prior to COVID then you will have a longer expiration date

A Pass will expire if it is not activated within one (1) year from the date of purchase, and upon expiration, such expired Pass may no longer be activated or have park reservations scheduled for it, and any existing park reservations for such Pass will be cancelled.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/annual-pass-terms-conditions/
Thank you! I looked everywhere, I thought. 😉

Me too...I have 6 day tix for May that I bought from Undercover Tourist. No button to upgrade/change tix. Would really be nice to see that option appear on 4/13 for all 3 tix...but I doubt it... I also need to buy 1 extra pass for my college student who is not doing the May trip.

Have been looking forward to getting a Florida Residents Pass for months. Now they will start sales on April 20th with limited availability. I close on my new house in Florida on May 24th... Damn you slow builders, if only the house had been completed on schedule. Oh well fingers crossed.

I think it makes a difference where you bought your tickets. I got mine direct from Disney online and this is what it looks like on the website. Change ticket option is on the bottom left.

tempsnip.png

I didn't ask how the Memory Maker will work since I already purchased it for $169 or whatever and with the AP I would be able to get it for $99. That is something I will try and deal with in person. We will see how Disney IT holds up on the 13th.
we are going in july and i emailed Member Services yesterday

My question:
We have park passes for July already. will i be able to upgrade them to annual passes on april 13 through the MDE app “change ticket” or do i need to call DVC directly?

Their reply:

Theme Park Tickets currently can only be upgraded to an Annual Pass if completed in person. When you arrive for your Walt Disney World stay, you will need to go to Guest Relations at the entrance of any of the Four Theme Parks or Disney Springs and present your Digital Member ID Card and your Photo ID to validate your eligibility.

Additional information regarding Annual Pass sales will be announced as we get closer, but we are unable to speculate on anything that has not yet been announced.

End of reply

It seems like Disney knows there are a lot of members in this position and maybe they will change policy which is why this cast member said more information is forthcoming , although it is only a week away for DVC purchase

Have been looking forward to getting a Florida Residents Pass for months. Now they will start sales on April 20th with limited availability. I close on my new house in Florida on May 24th... Damn you slow builders, if only the house had been completed on schedule. Oh well fingers crossed.
No sure BUT... you use to be able to get fla passes at Publix. Just the 'card', still had to activate /prove you were a fla resident.

I think it makes a difference where you bought your tickets. I got mine direct from Disney online and this is what it looks like on the website. Change ticket option is on the bottom left.
Thanks for posting that pic. I had no idea where the change tix option would be... definitely don't have that on mine...

Me too...I have 6 day tix for May that I bought from Undercover Tourist. No button to upgrade/change tix. Would really be nice to see that option appear on 4/13 for all 3 tix...but I doubt it... I also need to buy 1 extra pass for my college student who is not doing the May trip.
I've got two 10 day PH in May from Undercover Tourist that shows the Change Ticket button on both of them. I don't want to touch it though.
I'd want to buy an AP for both of us. Hopefully I'd be able to to both at the same time and not have to upgrade one ticket at a time.
I figure I'd just ask for the UT refund and take the hit on the 5% service fee that they charge if it looks easier.

Why couldn't you still purchase with the new address? They aren't asking you for proof at moment of purchase just the address. Then when you go the first time you will provide the proof, which if you wait until after you close you will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter