WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

They left out the requirement for putting on hand sanitizer as you board each attraction. That is an important thing for them to mention so those allergic to standard formulas can bring their own into the attractions.
that's true

OK, the more I read the more confused I become. lol So I have a room only ressie at Contempo for July 4th holiday, of course the park is closed then. I have and AP and booked with an AP discount. I've not gotten any emails about our room reservation (I got the general AP email). Do I hold on to the reservation, and let Disney contact me, or do I cancel it? Any insight/opinions?

So this was something that popped up during yesterday's DIS Unplugged, one individual in the chat was mentioning that they were able to book one of the Swan/Dolphin during this time. I took the initiative to check and sure enough I can book the Swan/Dolphin for my trip dates (AUG 1-8).

Since they are run by Marriott that made sense in that regard, but i'm wondering if they won't have as immediate of access as guests of the Disney owned hotels to the reservation system.

OK, the more I read the more confused I become. lol So I have a room only ressie at Contempo for July 4th holiday, of course the park is closed then. I have and AP and booked with an AP discount. I've not gotten any emails about our room reservation (I got the general AP email). Do I hold on to the reservation, and let Disney contact me, or do I cancel it? Any insight/opinions?
I have a July 1st CM discounted room at Contempo. They have not contacted or cancelled my reservation. I think people with a first week of July reservation might be able to keep them (maybe get transferred to another resort, in the case of the CR I don't think they'll transfer) the real question is are you willing to come only to stay at the resort with the parks closed?
We don't know about previews yet either, so I am keeping the reservation just in case

So this was something that popped up during yesterday's DIS Unplugged, one individual in the chat was mentioning that they were able to book one of the Swan/Dolphin during this time. I took the initiative to check and sure enough I can book the Swan/Dolphin for my trip dates (AUG 1-8).

Since they are run by Marriott that made sense in that regard, but i'm wondering if they won't have as immediate of access as guests of the Disney owned hotels to the reservation system.
no wording on their website about the possibility of not being able to enter the parks?

We have a room only reservation at CBR for 7/2-7/7 since we all have APs. We got an email this weekend that our final payment was due June 2, so we called. The CM said that they have no idea about which resorts are opening when except DVC on June 22. She told us to hang on to our reservation, final payment is not due until a week prior, and if the resort is closed it will be automatically cancelled. I wanted to hang on just in case we get a discount for a future trip of Disney cancels for us since the resort would be closed. I am also holding out for the very slim possibility of maybe some soft previews for APs at that time (though that would be pretty early)...though I dont know if we would want to do that

Some people hope that if Disney cancels for you, there may be some sort of recovery offer. There has been no indication of a recovery offer to date.

no wording on their website about the possibility of not being able to enter the parks?

This is all their website says for covid-19:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING UPCOMING RESERVATIONS AND
WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT OPERATIONS

The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is implementing the following policies:

• In order to better serve our guests during the temporary closure of Walt Disney World Theme Parks and hotels, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will close effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 12:00pm EST through June 30, 2020.
  • For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
  • For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, from today until June 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
  • Please note that this policy does NOT apply to travel associated with a group booking. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
  • We will continue to make adjustments to our operations as appropriate and look forward to welcoming guests back as soon as it is advisable. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

This thread is way too long to scan through now but I was hoping that someone could clarify the re-book / dropped promo situation.

My family and I were booked for September well before the pandemic. Obviously everyone's promotional packages have been terminated and in turn a 35% room discount is being offered. I have been reading conflicting information in regards on who will qualify for the discount. Some are saying only those who had to reschedule due to the closure and others are saying anyone with the dining plan prior to the end of Sept. Does anyone for sure know?

Secondly and maybe this answers my question I noticed yesterday everything being dropped now from my booking. And without description a "recovery20" was added on. I wasn't sure if that was the 35% or for some reason we only got 20%. Outside of that it seems no one is sure if you can re-book into the future still taking advantage of the discount. Or if you have to keep your dates.

I appreciate the help!

This is all their website says for covid-19:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING UPCOMING RESERVATIONS AND
WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT OPERATIONS

The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is implementing the following policies:

• In order to better serve our guests during the temporary closure of Walt Disney World Theme Parks and hotels, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will close effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 12:00pm EST through June 30, 2020.
  • For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
  • For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, from today until June 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
  • Please note that this policy does NOT apply to travel associated with a group booking. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
  • We will continue to make adjustments to our operations as appropriate and look forward to welcoming guests back as soon as it is advisable. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
no mention of park entry. Since you're in August you have a ways to go so I would keep it for now and then you can decide later if you need to cancel.

no mention of park entry. Since you're in August you have a ways to go so I would keep it for now and then you can decide later if you need to cancel.

Oh i already have a reservation at Fort Wilderness so i'm not fretting over this, it was just something that came up in the chat during the DisUnplugged show yesterday. Just would seem fishy if this is another loophole that has opened up while there is no ability to make any reservations on property at the current moment.

According to the website, they are canceling 7 days prior, if the resort remains closure during your trip, if you have not,

So, it doesn’t appear they will cancel you out until then...or, at some point you might be contacted to see if you want to modify the trip...which won’t be until after they open up reservations.

If you know you are not going regardless, you can cancel. If there is a chance you will go or adjust, then I would say no harm in waiting until end of June for them.

According to the website, they are canceling 7 days prior, if the resort remains closure during your trip, if you have not,

So, it doesn’t appear they will cancel you out until then...or, at some point you might be contacted to see if you want to modify the trip...which won’t be until after they open up reservations.

If you know you are not going regardless, you can cancel. If there is a chance you will go or adjust, then I would say no harm in waiting until they will cancel you a week before check in.
How does this sit with the room only cancellation conditions, which I think are cancellation before 7 days is free of charge? It is like waiting to see who blinks first. 😉

I am under the impression that the running rumor/speculation is that there have been indications that places like SoG, Swan/Dolphin, FS, Waldorf Astoria, and the eligible Disney Springs hotels ARE included in the 'on site guest' grouping, but I don't think this is confirmed as far as I know. I think it was wrapped up in some of the weird/inconsistent TA news/info that's been coming out. You may want to post on the Resorts Board or Orlando Hotels & Attractions Board to check the latest.

Someone please correct me if I'm behind on info. Txs.

I am under the impression that the running rumor/speculation is that there have been indications that places like SoG, Swan/Dolphin, FS, Waldorf Astoria, and the eligible Disney Springs hotels ARE included in the 'on site guest' grouping, but I don't think this is confirmed as far as I know. I think it was wrapped up in some of the weird/inconsistent TA news/info that's been coming out. You may want to post on the Resorts Board or Orlando Hotels & Attractions Board to check the latest.

Someone please correct me if I'm behind on info. Txs.
yes rumor/speculation our two favorite words on this thread ;)

How does this sit with the room only cancellation conditions, which I think are cancellation before 7 days is free of charge? It is like waiting to see who blinks first. 😉

The way I read the rules, as long as your resort has not been announced to be open, then all reservations cancel at 7 days.

So, it doesn’t sound to me that you would be penalized if you wait for an autocancel,

- no CPs any time soon, no seasonal’s

So I realize that no one has a definite answer on this, but do you think this means the Fall CP program will be cancelled? My niece was accepted and is supposed to start on August 26th. She has heard nothing from Disney, and needs to get information so that she can plan her fall semester. If they know the CPs won't be coming back in the fall, they really need to let these kids know.

Disney has not been cancelling resort reservations 7 days before check-in, the website says "If no action is taken by you before your check-in date for arrivals during the closure period, Disney will automatically cancel your reservation within 7 days of the original check-in date and process any refund due on the original form of payment." To date, that has meant after your check-in date, not before.

Reservations still show as normal / in tact until mid-way through your check-in date, then they disappear from MDE. Several days later the refund should show up on your original form of payment, although the exact timing of any refund is always variable and more dependent on your credit card than Disney.

I've had more resort reservations over this closure period than I should admit and the same thing happens every time. The reservation shows up until mid-way through the check-in date, 3-5 days later I get notice from my credit card that a refund has posted - which to me suggests Disney probably processed the cancellation/refund on my check-in day based on my past timing experiences.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter