WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

On Facebook I saw that CBS Miami stated that Disney World is refunding trips through June 30th. Anyone else see this?

On Facebook I saw that CBS Miami stated that Disney World is refunding trips through June 30th. Anyone else see this?

This is not new news (although for some reason keeps getting circulated as something new). The following has been posted by Disney since this started regarding resort room and packages:

"To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving all Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through June 30, 2020. "

I can see custodial and some attraction workers being on schedule for cleaning but hopefully not so they can open. Even though we are anxious to get to WDW, we would rather get there when it's safe to do so. I think it's now time to cancel my trip.
its just a periodic running of the attractions. and general maintenance

On another forum it's being reported that DVC is calling members with room reservations and telling them it will be closed until 6/1. Has anyone else with a DVC member reservation received a call?

They announced this earlier. They didn't say anything about closing beyond March 31 yet.

They may not have said anything but the state sure has and to avoid confusion - they made clear that Disney will remain closed while stay at home orders are in place. Surprised that Disney forced the county to have to go out there and clarify this rather than make the announcement themselves and hasn't removed the language from their websites saying March 31. Fine - we all understand there isn't a date but at least admit you're closed at least until April 10 or as long as the stay at home orders are in place. I can't image what they get from continuing to list an unreal date even if 99% of us know that it's not real.

They may not have said anything but the state sure has and to avoid confusion - they made clear that Disney will remain closed while stay at home orders are in place. Surprised that Disney forced the county to have to go out there and clarify this rather than make the announcement themselves and hasn't removed the language from their websites saying March 31. Fine - we all understand there isn't a date but at least admit you're closed at least until April 10 or as long as the stay at home orders are in place. I can't image what they get from continuing to list an unreal date even if 99% of us know that it's not real.
The delay seems to be the union and Disney fighting about cm pay and Disney waiting for Friday for end of day stock market

For those debating which resorts are in Orange vs. Osceola, then Osceola's order making the question moot, it was moot to begin with as the orders do not close hotels. Disney is free to open their hotels back up today if they so choose. Their closing on 3/20 was an in house decision, probably predicated by the amount of people checking out and reservations cancelled/changed because the parks were closed. It is a reasonable assumption that the hotels may re-open, or at least a selection of hotels if not all, on April 1st, until Disney says differently.

I have a DVC for April 8th- no call and nothing on my dashboard. Reservations are all still there.
Thanks. Not a DVC owner so not sure how things work, however member services calling each person with a reservation, before announcing it publicly or to staff, seems odd.

The delay seems to be the union and Disney fighting about cm pay and Disney waiting for Friday for end of day stock market
Thanks for the info. Hopefully they'll put out an update Friday afternoon/Saturday then...I've been stressing about it. We have a 4/18-4/24 trip booked with DVC pts that I expect to be cancelled at some point, would love to know sooner than later.

Also...not sure if this means anything, but Trip Advisor has a note on all the Disney hotels at Disney World, Vero Beach, and Hilton Head saying the business is closed until 4/30/20. (I was looking for more info on Disney Hilton Head as a possible future trip, and saw the note...dug further and saw the note on the others listed. Aulani just says 'temporarily closed', and Grand Californian doesn't say anything.)

On another forum it's being reported that DVC is calling members with room reservations and telling them it will be closed until 6/1. Has anyone else with a DVC member reservation received a call?
I have DVC reservations 4/10-14 & 4/14-17. No word from them. I'm anxiously awaiting for them extend closure. This would have been my first DVC trip since becoming a member last year :(

If they make an announcement -- and I'm not sure they will -- it won't be for any longer than what Universal, SeaWorld and any other Orlando attractions are doing. If I'm betting, my guess is they are open by the 11th, but unless Universal says longer than the 19th, WDW won't forfeit the market to another park.

I doubt this is true. DVC has been great with putting up information on the website and they wouldn’t have CMs stating that are not official,

Plus there would be no need for DVC to contact members because we all have the ability to cancel reservations online,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter