WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

The verbiage on the details for the free dining clearly say it is for a vacation package. I am a passholder so I asked and was told that I can take advantage of the offer. I am willing to bet that yes I can take advantage of it but I will still have to purchase tickets as part of a package. I really hope they let us passholders get it with a room only reservation.

View attachment 484106
You’ve always had to purchase tickets with free dining. I mean, maybe they’ll let is slide this time, anything’s possible, but even if they don’t, you can use your tickets towards renewing your AP. The tickets will expire, but they won’t lose their value. :)

So I’ve noticed that I can no longer change my fast passes or my dining reservations for Memorial Day weekend. Guess I’m done tweaking my plans. I mean, the trip may not happen anyway, but it’s so weird that I can’t adjust anything!
I found I can’t change most of my fast passes Memorial Day week either, but oddly it is letting me change a few (Jungle Cruise, Navi, Mission Space, and meet Mickey and Minnie do show other times available)

We're also arriving Memorial week-end, and we just don't know what to do, and this new notice only complicates things. Disney sounds like they're pretty sure they will be open June 1st. That's one week after Memorial Day. Do we throw away our ideal rooms and perfect FP's for a later date? or do we hold on to our perfect plans and hope they will open one week earlier? With a group of 12, it's hard to have everyone in agreement. If we cancel now, and WDW does indeed open before Memorial Day, then we'll never hear the end of it, and we will all be disappointed at what we gave up. However, if we don't cancel soon to try and re-book, then we risk no availability for DVC and not being able to book our FP's at 60 days out.

Not being able to make changes to ADR's or FP's Memorial week-end doesn't sound too good though. Oh to have a crystal ball.......
I’m right there with you...we already rescheduled from this week to Memorial Day week...got perfect FPs again, and some of the same ADRs...I want to hold out hope that Memorial Day week will still work, but don’t want to miss good FPs for one of the few other June or July dates that we might be able to fit into our schedule. I wish they would allow the same tickets to be used to reserve FPs on a future date with all the current uncertainty (or announce they definitely are closed through 6/1 if that’s what they mean)

You’ve always had to purchase tickets with free dining. I mean, maybe they’ll let is slide this time, anything’s possible, but even if they don’t, you can use your tickets towards renewing your AP. The tickets will expire, but they won’t lose their value. :)
I know you’ve always had to purchase tickets with free dining. I was just sharing that I was told I could get it with AP.

Has the email been sent only to those who have canceled? I have a May trip and haven't received anything.

So I’ve noticed that I can no longer change my fast passes or my dining reservations for Memorial Day weekend. Guess I’m done tweaking my plans. I mean, the trip may not happen anyway, but it’s so weird that I can’t adjust anything!
I can still change some of my FP for my group of 2 for our 5/2 trip. Between the holiday, and the fact that many of the March & April people on here have said they've re-booked for Memorial Day, it looks to be a very popular time right now, so my guess would be that there's just not a lot of availability. Looking at the Dibb calendar, even attractions that normally have plenty of availability at 60 days, are showing limited or no availability, and what is showing any availability is only for 1-2 people.

I know you’ve always had to purchase tickets with free dining. I was just sharing that I was told I could get it with AP.

Do you mean they actually told you, you didn’t need to buy additional tickets? Like as a ticketless package?

Because that’s something completely different then them telling you, you can get fd with an AP, since AP holders have always been able to get it.

FWIW, I am checking on things for a September trip, and BBB was “grayed” out until June 1. Weren’t all of the other park closings about two months?

I can still change some of my FP for my group of 2 for our 5/2 trip. Between the holiday, and the fact that many of the March & April people on here have said they've re-booked for Memorial Day, it looks to be a very popular time right now, so my guess would be that there's just not a lot of availability. Looking at the Dibb calendar, even attractions that normally have plenty of availability at 60 days, are showing limited or no availability, and what is showing any availability is only for 1-2 people.

I tend to think they are limiting things/blocking things in the system. I literally was modifying restaurant and fast pass reservations yesterday morning and things had plenty of availability. Now there is nothing for things like dinner at Skipper Canteen. You really think everything sold out THAT quickly?

Wonder if they’ll honor the pin code I got for $67 per night at an All Star resort for my rescheduled April 1st trip that I moved to May? I’ll call and ask! Bummed that I’ll miss Mother’s Day brunch at California Grill, but it is what it is for sure...
I’d like one of those crystal balls too!!
I was wondering the same thing (My pin was for mid-May at All-Stars)
Sorry about your Mother's Day Brunch

I tend to think they are limiting things/blocking things in the system. I literally was modifying restaurant and fast pass reservations yesterday morning and things had plenty of availability. Now there is nothing for things like dinner at Skipper Canteen. You really think everything sold out THAT quickly?

I think what we are seeing is reduced capacity measures being put into place. When the parks reopen, it is likely they will be operating at less capacity. I think restaurants and queues, and likely overall capacity levels, will be scaled back in order to keep some semblance of social distancing for a period of time.

I haven't gotten the email yet. Any details about the type of dining plan (i.e. do you get table service at a moderate? ) Any black out dates?

The offer is valid for most nights June 1 through September 30. You must book by May 31.
If you canceled before March 1, you are not eligible for this offer. Free QS for moderates and values. Free regular DDP for deluxe resorts.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Advance reservation required.
  • Length of stay is 2 nights -14 nights
  • Ticket requirements: 2-day minimum; all ticket types included (i.e., Base, Park Hopper, Water Park & Sports, Park Hopper Plus
  • Offer excludes the following room types: campsites
  • Children ages 3 to 9 must choose from the children’s menu, if available.
  • Gratuities are not included.
  • Theme park admission is required for some dining locations
  • This offer is subject to availability. Everyone in the same room must be on the same package. Theme park tickets valid for admission beginning on date of check-in and must be used within a limited number of days, depending on length of stay and ticket.
Call Disney reservations to check availability for this offer.

I agree they are probably limiting the numbers, they can always open up more, much harder to cancel someone’s reservation.

This may have been said already, but checking on UT this morning, there is no option to purchase April or May tickets. The calendars start at June 1. There's no way to scroll back to before June 1.
ETA: This is when in the "Select a Start Date" option.

I'm guessing that's the earliest Disney thinks they will open.

I think they have an earlier date in mind but in case it’s not until June, they are only accepting reservations from June 1st onward to avoid continuing to extend closures and having to deal with the influx of calls and refund requests that that would entail. I also think if they do open before June1st, this is a way of limiting capacity...less people will have reservations so less people will be in the parks, restaurants, and queues.

So we have a trip arriving May 13. We haven't gotten an email, but we booked it ourselves not through a travel agent. Is Disney sending this email or your travel agent? Or are they only canceling some peoples reservations & ours wasn't cancelled (yet)?

Do you mean they actually told you, you didn’t need to buy additional tickets? Like as a ticketless package?

Because that’s something completely different then them telling you, you can get fd with an AP, since AP holders have always been able to get it.
I attached the pic of the chat which shows what they said. I also said the following on the post:
“The verbiage on the details for the free dining clearly say it is for a vacation package. I am a passholder so I asked and was told that I can take advantage of the offer. I am willing to bet that yes I can take advantage of it but I will still have to purchase tickets as part of a package. I really hope they let us passholders get it with a room only reservation.”

what else?

I attached the pic of the chat which shows what they said. I also said the following on the post:
“The verbiage on the details for the free dining clearly say it is for a vacation package. I am a passholder so I asked and was told that I can take advantage of the offer. I am willing to bet that yes I can take advantage of it but I will still have to purchase tickets as part of a package. I really hope they let us passholders get it with a room only reservation.”

what else?

There’s nothing else, I guess. If you didn’t actually ask them if pass holders could get the fd with just a room only reservation. Lol.

I was just trying to give you info. because your original post sounded like you didn’t know that AP holders could get fd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter